World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
I decided to play a Warlock, god help me.

I don't know why.
Really fun class IMO, nice variability in playstyles between the 3 specs if your interest is damage dealing.

Only shitty thing is not having access to short queues; make friends with a tank or healer to fix that if you care (I tend to just quest between queues). People are pretty chill while leveling, the asshattery only tends to set in at level cap.

To answer one of your questions, I'd have gone with Druid simply because of the options available, especially as a casual. I like the idea of switching between kitty (stealthing through content, melee etc.) and boomkin (DoTs + nukes) for DPS and bear (soloing elites, dungeon queues) and resto (queues)

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I always had a tough time playing a warlock; the playstyle never really appealed to me. The closest I got to having fun with it was when they changed destruction to be a bit more like a mage; ie, lots of bursty shit that proc'd etc. Destruction might still be that way now, but apparently it's also the spec with the least dps so that's a bit of a turn off.

Demonology is a lot more fun, although it seems a bit tricky to play it perfectly; you're not just prioritizing spells, but you're also maximizing uptime of demon form, including when to cancel it, when to turn it on etc. Felguard is still a beastly pet though. I took soul link on my warlock as the third(?) teir talent, and with soul leech, siphon life + healthstones and drain life, it keeps my pet and I at full health most of the time.

As far as PVP, as a druid restoration used to get consistently hit with the bat because of pvp so I feel your pain. Original EQ established separate rulesets at some point, and it seemed to easily flow into the game so I am really uncertain why they are dragging their feet on that shit. No one likes sledgehammer solutions brought in during a quick hotfix, especially ones that change your playstyle, require you to regear, reforge, retalent, respec etc, but that seems to be how they do things.

One of my biggest pet peeves is having to relearn my damn class every expansion, and christ, playing alts is mind numbing. I log onto some of them and half of my abilities are gone, things work differently, ugh. Every patch bringing with it more changes to how they want the class to function is ri-god-damn-diculous, especially since I don't pvp often. So my raid will see a decrease in power (though mages were probably a bit out of whack, but who cares really in pve) to compensate for pvp that most of us will never benefit from. It's wearing.

On the upside, I was catching up on some reading and finally bit the bullet and farmed out the rest of my rares for the Relic Hunter title. Nice to have that out of the way.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Depends on what you want out of the game of course, but as far as Lock goes, it is a pretty good choice for dps. Between multi-dotting and/or facerolling shit as demo, it's a solid choice for dps. Destro is amusing solo, just to watch huge numbers pop up, but it's clunky in a group. Affliction is also bad in a group, up until say mid 80's. Generally how it goes with nerfed dungeons, and mudflated boa gear, the whole pack will be dead before you get a set of dots off on 2 mobs. Even more so when you hit BC and get the influx of DK's. With monks spin-kicking around and DK's blowing diseases everywhere, you can basically afk through the dungeon. Rain of fire for great justice so you even register on the meters.

That said, locks like most pet classes, can do some stupid solo shit if that floats your boat. And, well who knows how the next patch will turn out, but (aff) locks are certainly pretty high on the dps totem pole for now.
Dps queues arent bad until cata or so, its kind of amazing how many people are either leveling alts or just bored as fuck and dinking around in old content, changed as it is.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
Unless the game drastically changed since I stopped in November, then Warriors, Monks, Frost DKs, Ret Paladins, Enhancement Shamans and Feral Druids have no range or true pets to use that would be more effective than meleeing. Rogues were fine and really fun to play as in pvp. And besides, questing will always be faster than just doing dungeons. As long as you hit the dungeons in your level range once for the quests, theres no need to go back really.
Well, the fastest way to level in pandaria (given that you have a group) is to chain pull the first pull of stormstout brewery (all the monkeys needs to die) and then resetting. Really boring, but it gives good exp

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I'm at peace now with arcane being nerfed to fuck because I hate it anyway, and will happily do low/mid range dps as fire with the improvement (but slight nerf) to invocation. Hell I've always said ranged should be lower than melee in patchwerk fights anyway, so assuming affliction warlocks get hit with a foreest of nerf trees all will be right in the world.

The only annoyance with mages being nerfed to fuck is the fact that I could do the same dps WHILE RUNNING AROUND as a hunter. The only way that shit was fair was the fact that the potential dps was lower.

ALL abilities should be cast-able on the move, at a reduced speed.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The level 90 talent has kinda spoiled me on my destro lock. Its a real asset while questing or raiding to be able to move while casting nukes. Im fine with the snare because I could give a shit about "serious" pvp.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Frost won't be viable. Even if it is, it'll be subject to massive fucking PVP nerfs at any moment so I'd avoid it.
I am really happy I chose to level my warrior through MOP rather than my Mage. I just came back a couple days ago to start playing through the 85-90 content.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
Anyone know of an addon that improves visibility of the mob you have targeted? As melee when there is a large group of mobs the one I am dpsing always gets out of range or moves behind me and it always take a split second or two before I reposition myself to start dpsing again. Not a huge deal on stuff that matters, bosses, etc. But for large groups it's annoying.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ya, it's like night and day if you queue as a tank vs dps. I've been having a blast on my monk tank. Dungeon queuing helps you get used to it, but as a monk tank you really dont get most of your tank abilities until later. I queued as DPS until my 30s, then I went tank after that. It's not too hard to gear since you can pretty much be fine with most DPS gear until you start raiding. If your main has archaeology, get that MOP spear. It's usable at 85, but it's a heroic dungeon ilevel which means you wont be replacing it for awhile.

Honestly I'd probably still be hardcore raiding if I tanked long ago. All you have to do is stay alive and make sure you move shit/position shit just so (and communicate). Less stressful then getting bitched out for putting out less then cutting edge DPS.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Holy shit I made a Blood Death Knight and I'm literally rounding up 15 monsters my level and killing them in 5 seconds at lv63. If I had a max speed flying mount it'd be nearly as fast as my lv90 full epic main.

Is there a reason why Blood Boil does 1/3 of a monsters health? Do I just take Blood/Heart Strike off by bars?
Death Siphon? does 1/2 of a monsters health and heals you that much and you can save up 4 death runes easily to do 4 at once?
Then you get free Death Stikes when you kill something which also heals you.

I did the same Burning Crusade content on a DK a year or two ago and it was maybe a little easier than the other classes but nothing crazy. Dungeons are a joke, WTF happened? Was the exp needed nerf not enough?

Can you main heirlooms/gold/bind to account to opposite factiosn characters on the same server? Seems like you can make Horde and Alliance on a PvP server now?

Rime

<Donor>
Heirlooms/BoA/Gold may not be mailed to opposing factions or to other servers, sadly enough. You would have to pay for a faction change to get your goodies from Horde to Alliance or the other way around.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Heirlooms/BoA can be mailed to your opposing faction characters if they are on the same server. I haven't tried gold.

Dungeons are a joke, WTF happened? Was the exp needed nerf not enough?
Heroic dungeons they decided to less make hardcore after the backlash from Cataclysm. Instead, challenge mode dungeons now exist if you want to push yourself and score some unique transmog sets.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I don't have a main anymore (highest level character is an 80 DK). My monk does have a leather heirloom chest and a 1h sword though. Found some level 25 guild to level in as well.

Just grinding dungeons today, got to around 24 or so. Pretty simple and fast. Tanking is easy, but I wish I could twink my toon some more. Oh well, I have like zero gold, but at least I had enough to buy some 14 slot bags!

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
Ok, so I got a few of those visa giftcards from my grandmother and my wifes grandma. The one only has about $18 left on it and I was thinking of using it to sub and check things out. I will probably be a LFR/pvp type of person, but my main problem is I have too many toons, on my main server I have 6 lvl85s and my 88 paladin. On another server I have 3 85s, basically I have each class to pick from. I was thinking sticking with the paladin because I want to: Heal in pvp, solo shit and dps in LFR, I dont know much about the brawler guild stuff but it sounds interesting. So, are holy pallys good for random pvping? and is Ret still viable to solo stuff?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
BoA can definitely be mailed cross-faction/same server; did that quite some time ago during Cata with a Goblin priest (only Horde I had on the server vs. Alliance of every other class). Gold cannot.

I don't have a main anymore (highest level character is an 80 DK). My monk does have a leather heirloom chest and a 1h sword though. Found some level 25 guild to level in as well.

Just grinding dungeons today, got to around 24 or so. Pretty simple and fast. Tanking is easy, but I wish I could twink my toon some more. Oh well, I have like zero gold, but at least I had enough to buy some 14 slot bags!
If you play the AH/save money you can buy the helm?/cloak/pants for straight Gold with a level 25 guild, I believe.