World of Warcraft: Current Year

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
The timeless isle isn't my cup of tea but people seem to like it so more power to them. My casual flex raid knocked off all four bosses this weekend without too much struggling. Of course i didn't get fuck all for loot can't wait for the hilarity of lfr Tuesday.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
For all of the EQ fans you can now go to Timeless Isle and hold a camp with your group while grinding rep, getting trained and getting bitched at! It actually is somewhat fun though I must say

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
It's amusing what happens to people who really have had no concept of open world PvP are exposed to it.
My guild transferred to Deathwing last Monday.

My Timeless Isle experience consisted of trying to farm mobs for a PVE upgrade while 30+ people of my same faction would jump me to fight for a bloody coin. This happened about 50+ times over Friday-Saturday.

I rarely had any issues with opposite faction pvp. A few fights with Alliance here and there and we would go back to farming. Then the idiots with the censer of eternal agony would roll by, kill you, and spam shitty direct whispers to you. It got so annoying I just set up a bubble/hearth macro on my paladin and would gate out the second I got jumped. The amount of tells I got from people screaming that I ran away was hilarious "just let me kill you for the coins!"

Go fuck yourself douche canoes.

Transferred off that shit hole server yesterday.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
if you guys want a good alliance server whisperwind is pretty active. a decent amount of weekend pugs and lots of raiding guilds covering all you want content wise. i sorta think of it like stormrage without the queues.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Best music ever

t9fe3o.jpg

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
My guild transferred to Deathwing last Monday.

My Timeless Isle experience consisted of trying to farm mobs for a PVE upgrade while 30+ people of my same faction would jump me to fight for a bloody coin. This happened about 50+ times over Friday-Saturday.

I rarely had any issues with opposite faction pvp. A few fights with Alliance here and there and we would go back to farming. Then the idiots with the censer of eternal agony would roll by, kill you, and spam shitty direct whispers to you. It got so annoying I just set up a bubble/hearth macro on my paladin and would gate out the second I got jumped. The amount of tells I got from people screaming that I ran away was hilarious "just let me kill you for the coins!"

Go fuck yourself douche canoes.

Transferred off that shit hole server yesterday.
Exactly why I transferred to a PVE Server when I came back a few months ago. With the little time I have to play I don't feel like fighting 13 year olds at quest hubs. If I want to pvp I queue for 1 of the 50 different BGs they have now and get a "fair" fight ... well at least even numbers.

Bizazedo

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm pretty sure bloody coin people can attack others who have used the item to make them KOS to both factions.
Hmm. On a PvE server we've tried to attack other Ordos and it never worked, whether we were grouped or not.

As an aside, people on PvE servers have no comprehension to watch what they click or do around Ordos. And as for that bright pink transluscent look?

Watch out for people who also have the Aqua Gem or the Kang item that turns you grey.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I took a break from it. I haven't been gearing my warlock as much as my monk and I had enough raging in that fight. That and I'm too lazy to make customized macros, which is apparently what most people are doing for that fight.

kudos

<Banned>
Did the LFR today that opened up. It looks fucking boring. The fights don't matter to me. I just want something nice to look at. MoP has always bored me visually and this is just more generic pandaria art. I'm really hoping the next "wing" that opens up is more orgrimmar based and less of this stupid pandaria sha bullshit.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Yeah I was underwhelmed by the zone, but the boss fights are interesting, too bad they seem a tad over what a random can handle.

rrr_img_43795.jpg

Took forever after a wipe so i levitate people...sometimes ill have a suit on and use an offhand book with some fucked up undead preacher mumbo jumbo. kinda fun.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
3rd fight in LFR is pretty bullshit because of the random porting mechanic that replaces clicking on the golden orbs in Flex, Normal, and Heroic. Supposedly Blizzard is looking into it, but it's porting people with 0 corruption multiple times and ignoring people with full corruption. Considering the fight involves soaking the dark orbs, the random porting actually makes that aspect fairly difficult since you can't plan ahead on who soaks the orbs. We eventually just had tanks and healers soak orbs 1st, then DPS. Lots o' wipes. Other fights weren't too bad in LFR.

I made out like a bandit today loot wise today. 2xloot on Ordos (although one was a dupe from last week...fuuuuuuuuuu), tier chest in LFR, and ring+weapon from LFR as well ;P

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I know that feel. I got tier legs off of celestials and warforged legs off of Ordos a few minutes later. I wonder what the odds are of that ever happening again?

Asherah

Silver Knight of the Realm
I hope the LFR is actually tuned for a raid of people wearing the ilvl 496 gear from the timeless isle. For reference, the ilvl 553 normal gear has ~70% more stats than the ilvl 496 stuff timeless stuff. At the beginning of the expansion the ilvl 489 normal gear only had ~62% more stats than ilvl 437 leveling quest greens.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
I died every single time due to some insane lag spikes. I was getting 100mbit down and 16ms ping to my isp. I even plugged in my phone and tried that and the ping did not budge. SO i was like "i think blizz servers are fucking up" and I actually got kicked for saying that. Thing is, I raided earlier in the day and it was fine. Not a single issue, then in the evening it wasn't fine. I reset my interface and it fixed it, but like I said, it was perfect literally 3 hours previous to this play session. As soon as I drug blizzard's name in the mud it had to turn into something that was my fault.
wink.png
They're a bunch of mind game playing cock suckers. LOL But I did get the chou chou cloth shoulders with like 500 hit so I made out like a fat cat last night.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
I died every single timedue to some insane lag spikes. I was getting 100mbit down and 16ms ping to my isp. I even plugged in my phone and tried that and the ping did not budge. SO i was like "i think blizz servers are fucking up"and I actually got kickedfor saying that. Thing is, I raided earlier in the day and it was fine. Not a single issue, then in the evening it wasn't fine.I reset my interface and it fixed it, but like I said, it was perfect literally 3 hours previous to this play session. As soon as I drug blizzard's name in the mud it had to turn intosomething that was my fault.
wink.png
They're a bunch of mind game playing cock suckers. LOL But I did get the chou chou cloth shoulders with like 500 hit so I made out like a fat cat last night.
images