World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
If you can get krosus sub like 52-58ish with most people alive (normally you can have 1 down with average dps) you'll win. its the orb+soak+slam that goes out shortly after the first bridge break that is the big hurdle to get over, basically if you can get the 2nd add phase pretty clean you're golden.

looks like someone has done it on prot warrior as well now, which is odd i'm taking the same number of stacks as he was but im getting 1 shot and we have within 100k hp of each other...

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I just did it on brewmaster and it was super easy. And by that I mean I failed miserably and hilariously.

I wasn't sure how hard the stuff hit so I specced mystic vitality and high tolerance. That didn't really help haha. I'm not really sure if as a tank you're supposed to just kill adds and survive or what

xzi

Mouthbreather
Last wave of phase 1 for healer is pure RNG, sometimes all 3 mobs can hit your tank (or worse, you) at the same time and instagib them and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. It's pretty retarded. It's easy after you make it past that though although I died on the boss at like 5%.

also your rogue NPC does 120k dps and never interrupts even once, so it's pretty realistic

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

The tank scenario is fucking impossible right now unless you have god tier gear and play a broken tank (guardian druid). I did find out if you stun the mage dude asap at the start, he doesn't spawn the AOE patch of shit around him for the entirety of the fight. I expect that to be changed, because they want people to suffer. Even the warlock green fire quest wasn't this bad.

I tried it twice and gave up. I'll try it again later after they nerf it lol. And this 3 days only thing is fucking bullshit. Make it at least last until next reset...the timing will fuck people over. Instead of 3 days on a weekend, it is 3 days during days when people are at work or school. Derp?

Once people get tired of perma farming the zone, the building completion times will inflate and it will take much longer to build the buildings.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Yeah, not wasting my time on trying the tank scenario again. Forget it. Actually, just forget the whole damn thing for now. I'm not god-tier (gear or skill) so I'm not going to bang my head against the wall at this point as they will no doubt nerf the shit out of these by the time we have our next mage tower in 2019.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've done the Frost DK scenario about 50 times. I'm just not fast enough to get to the damn mage during arcane phase reliably.

It's frustrating more than it is hard.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've done the Frost DK scenario about 50 times. I'm just not fast enough to get to the damn mage during arcane phase reliably.

It's frustrating more than it is hard.
Yeah that sounds about right. It reminds me of ffxi where to open the level cap (raise from 70 to 75) you had to beat this dude called maat in a duel. He was your class but if you weren't a dps class you were fucked. My poor white mage, I had to raise my 1h skills from 0 to 200 or whatever the fuck and it took forever. Even then I'm playing a weak ass healer. Took a whole bunch of tries and in no way shape or form did it display my skills as a healer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So I did a normal EN for AP and got a sephuz. Now I'm fast enough to beat the scenario.

Not even kidding.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Can get Agatha to about 50% on my ele offspec before I start falling behind. =/ I might need some more gear for this, but I'm at 909, so I dunno.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Rogue runes detonating early is kinda annoying - that and a few other things make getting to 20% and RNG hitting meh

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
They buffed the tank scenario so now even guardian druids cant do it.

they adjusted all of the following in a hotfix
- you cant stun him before he pops out the pool - druids originally could stealth to cheese it, monks could paralysis and legsweep and he wouldn't drop it
- most of the people who completed it also used a bug to get perma leech (if you used fang of tichondrius or another on use trinket and then zoned in with the buff on you the buff stayed) so people were zoning in with 30% leech and an extra 5k stats
- Druids - the pool around him is twice the size - adds start channeling instantly when spawned
- warrior - add hp has been adjusted to be more in line with other classes adds, the arcane warrior adds had slightly less hp making them easier to down
- paladin - kruul has about 2x the hp than any other tank to make up for pally dps (lol) 80 mill vs 47
- Monk - not sure but i think the adds are stacking the debuff faster, or monk dps is just low.

I personally think Velen is the bug in the encounter occasionally he'll nuke the inquisitor for about 5% of his hp, sometimes ill go in and he'll spam nukes which gets the inquisitor to ~50% and sometimes he just stands there. I think the encounter is supposed to be us "tanking" the adds and interrupting the inquisitor while velen kills him, then we tank kruul dealing with his annihilate, which would technically make this a decent tank challenge. you have to deal with lots of little adds, the stationary adds spawning, and kiting the infernals + interupting. however, with velen being bugged he doesn't recognize he should be casting so the classes that have completed it usually had to frontload all their dps on the inquisitor using the trinket bug or got a lucky Velen. I also noticed if you use invoke nizuao as a monk the ox sometimes just stands there and sometimes he runs off to the corner of the platform and occasionally he'll do what he's supposed to. otherwise its just a rng fest i've had 4 orbs in 2 minutes and 1 orb in 2 minutes, and they can be all over the platform, good luck trying to get to the orbs in back when the boss can get ~3-4 uninterrupted casts off in the same time.

Hoping velen magically becomes smarter between now and tomorrows reset.

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
Got to the final phase of the xylem scenario this afternoon (big demon dps check) and I'm pretty sure I don't have the gear/relics on my sub spec to beat it.

Pretty ambitious of them to create these scenarios that are supposed to push the limits of very different specs. Looking at the Xylem scenario, subtlety rogues and frost dks have very different toolkits. Of course there are going to be issues. I guess when they say it's balanced around heroic TOS gear, that means that specs with the right abilities can beat it now and others will have to wait for better gear to survive.

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
Rogue runes detonating early is kinda annoying - that and a few other things make getting to 20% and RNG hitting meh

The runes start at different sizes. You have to prioritize the ones that are smaller and are going to blow up sooner. They also spawn under the fel pools so if you only see two you kind of have to guess when to cloak.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i think blizzard did a great job with challenge modes in Draenor (the only thing they did a good job with in draenor) with gear being scaled, if these encounters scaled everyone to 850 the field would actually be more even. instead some classes have the ability to brute force their way through at 889 (lowest i've seen from an assassination rogue). and some just get trucked at 915+ equipped (slootbag gave up and is pretty much in full BiS NH tank gear).

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Slootbag giving up is a sign that it isn't worth bothering at this point unless you find a way to cheese it, which will be hotfixed (as already noted above).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Both slootbag and keggernaut(good monk) gave up.

I tried a couple more times and decided it just isn't gonna happen in its current form. I'm "only' 901 and I'm getting trucked.

Artifa

N00b
it took me way too many attempts but I got the ret one. same boss as ass rogue. ended up being an 11 minute fight lol.

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The tank one right now just doesn't seem to be testing your ability to tank, I'm of the mindset that Velen isn't working properly as others have said - but also I feel the damage output is absurd. Even in full TOS gear I don't think in its current form it's doable. I'm at like 5.5M HP and 95% stagger and I get destroyed.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yesterday's hotfixes btw:

Artifact Challenges
  • Tanks
    • Stunning Inquisitor Variss on encounter start no longer prevents him from using Aura of Decay.
    • Eye health has been reduced by 30%.
    • Infernal spawn frequency has been reduced by 5 seconds.

Classes
  • ihunters.gif
    Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • The Windburst/Cyclonic Burst effect can now correctly extend further than 40 yards from the Hunter.
    • Cyclonic Burst can now crit for its periodic damage.
    • Cyclonic Burst should work correctly when another Hunter's Cyclonic Burst is already on the target.

Dungeons and Raids
  • Mage Tower: Knowledgeable is now less lucrative in dungeons of lower difficulty.
  • Return to Karazhan
    • Moroes
      • The periodic damage of Garrote has been reduced by 30% in Heroic and Mythic difficulties.
      • Players can now use their abilities to remove the bleed damage.
  • The Nighthold
    • Gul’dan
      • Damage done by Bonds of Fel and Empowered Bonds of Fel have been reduced for smaller raid sizes.
      • Eye of Gul'dan and Empowered Eye of Gul'dan now take up to 50% longer to reach max energy (and begin to cast Duplicate), to better accommodate smaller raid sizes.
      • Resolved an issue in which Gul'dan could inadvertently teleport to the wrong tank after Storm of the Destroyer.