World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Talk about "Ability Bloat" concerns me, though. There's a difference between stuff you absolutely have to use every fight and stuff that is utility in nature. Affliction locks, IMO, are kind of ability bloated as so far as all the shit they have to load up on every fight. However, all the warlock utility stuff (demon portals and demonic circles, eye of kilrogg, lock candy, water breathing, etc) is NOT bloat.

I don't mind the idea of folding certain damage or debuff abilities into one, but on the flipside you don't want it to become vanilla WoW simple (ie, warlocks just spam shadowbolt and nothing else).

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sure i completely agree, in my world it would be more fun to dodge shit and play the encounter instead of managing timers. Though the game has gotten this far and is enjoyable I think it's a strike to the new generation of action mmo's with condensed abilities.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
They said they want to reduce the buttons for some classes, but admitted they made mistakes trimming some of the flavor hunter abilities like Eagle Eye (not 100% that that was the referenced ability so don't hold me to that). On the other hand GC said that he feels like players should have new abilities when they level. Who knows what they'll come up with?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Started a Worgen Druid from scratch (no gold or anything). Is there anything I should be gunning for while leveling (items, rep, etc) for the sake of efficiency, or should I just level to 90 and then worry about it? Thanks

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Monks give me no hope whatsoever for a demon hunter class with this new burning crusade expansion.

Maybe they'll say "fuck it" and just give the new class one spec?

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
At this point what I would love the most is some kind of "material" sorter, and a bank that is usable by all of your characters, + having a separate bank for mats.

There's no shame in taking something from another game - FF's ability to have separate inventory for armor, materials, shards, quest items AND THEN random stuff is phenomenal. Add on to that the GW2 function where you can put it into a bank, they all have separate slots, and you can use those mats on any of your characters and you would really have something.

All of my alts have profs that supplement my main, and right now it has been annoying. They added new things for profs (like pets and mounts) and having to run to all of my characters to see which one has the trillium, which one has the wool etc has been super retarded. At this stage in the game also, none of my characters are in an "alt" guild, because even my mule chars ended up being played, and thus needed to be in the main guild for bonuses, and needed to have a clean inventory.

A share-able bank like D3/GW2 does for AT LEAST materials would guarantee I would stay subbed for a bit longer. Make it so it goes into one slot - (IE one slot for windwool cloth, so you see you have x1200 windwool here, 1300 embersilk in the next slot etc) and then make it so you can use it from the bank...dear god.

The timeless isle has been fun - it has sort of an isle of quel'danas vibe, where you had incentives to do whatever there was on the isle, then while you were doing it you got rewarded over and over again. Timeless coins + dailies + high grade profession materials + pets + alt gear + world bosses + achieves, etc. Really makes my time there feel worthwhile. Humorously, the isle has next to no dailies and I probably wouldn't mind doing dailies there.

Also the shitty gear that you can get makes my newbie draenei priest looks like a high class courtesan. Well done Blizz.

Will also second what Juvar said. The encounters are really well done, and are really great. I love the feeling of beating something that was fairly intricate or technical, and then getting obliterated by the next boss before you figure things out.

We're not doing many heroics though; we carry too many people and we still have Amber Shaper moments where you pray to to god almighty that one of your carries doesn't get chosen for the RSTS shit and end up wiping you.

Also, let me say that I love, love, love, LOVE the whole coins from EVERYTHING on the isle. I spent a bit of time doing achieves and farming for shit and right now I am sitting on about 1300 lesser charms. Never do a daily again for warforged seals!

Though bonus rolls can blow me. We are still doing ToT to get a few more kills on Lei Shen since our luck with loot is abysmal and NO ONE has gotten their BiS from Lei Shen yet, and god damn if I keep getting gold on that motherfucker. We're not killing Garrosh yet but at least we're getting into the meat of the zone, so we're about to be at that point where Lei Shen loot isn't worth it but it's definitely driving me nuts atm.

Fucking random loot. Fuck.

Edit: Also holy fucking pets batman. I'm counting the days to Pokemon release so that got me back into pets in WoW. I haven't started the Celestial Tournament as I said before I wasn't really making a huge effort for crazy synergy but I am now. I got a droplet of y'sharrj the other day; motherfucker has an ability that does double dmg during cleansing rain. Maybe I'm out of it but that weather also increases heal effects - admittedly for both parties, but there are only a few other weather effects that have double dips like that. (Increase dmg AND increase heals on the party.)

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Started a Worgen Druid from scratch (no gold or anything). Is there anything I should be gunning for while leveling (items, rep, etc) for the sake of efficiency, or should I just level to 90 and then worry about it? Thanks
I wouldn't worry too much. You're going to blow through the lower levels so fast, things like chances to grind rep and usefulness of items won't last long. I would recommend trying out tank or healing spec when you hit your 30s or so, though. That is roughly about the point where DPS no longer get instant dungeon queues.

One thing I would suggest is to go to the next expansion as soon as you are able to (58 for TBC, 68 or so for WOTLK, etc). The jump in item power and xp gains is pretty noticeable.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Thinking about playing my warlock again. Haven't played him since the beginning of the expansion. He's level 90 with a few pieces of epic gear. How hard is it to gear him up to do at least the ToT LFR raid instance and beyond?

Sterling

El Presidente
Easy as hell now. Can just go to timeless isle and get a fuckload of 496 gear and be able to do whatever LFRs you want.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
They said they want to reduce the buttons for some classes, but admitted they made mistakes trimming some of the flavor hunter abilities like Eagle Eye (not 100% that that was the referenced ability so don't hold me to that). On the other hand GC said that he feels like players should have new abilities when they level. Who knows what they'll come up with?
They trimmed a lot of skills and honestly it was a bullshit move, just as it was a bullshit move to have some classes with 100% mobility and others close to 0% (hyperbole, before you point it out). I didn't like all those procs either, imo destrolock during WotLK was stupidly fun and non-complicated enough that I had very few things to monitor and could focus on the game world, instead of the UI. Admittely destro is not horribly terrible even in MoP, but it's slightly annoying compared to WotLK.

The Timeless Isle for me was as boring as anything in a MMO could be, it led to instant and timeless cancellation of my sub. I've always been a dungeon grinder, every place not dungeony is shit in my eyes, let alone a place where I farm... currency, like a fucking 9 to 5 job or something similar. No slot machine effect, no excitement, nothing. Grind shit, dress up, so you can grind larger amounts of more shiny shit. Fuck. This. Shit. Loot should be looted, not purchased.
Guess I'll wait the next xpack at this point.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They trimmed a lot of skills and honestly it was a bullshit move, just as it was a bullshit move to have some classes with 100% mobility and others close to 0% (hyperbole, before you point it out). I didn't like all those procs either, imo destrolock during WotLK was stupidly fun and non-complicated enough that I had very few things to monitor and could focus on the game world, instead of the UI. Admittely destro is not horribly terrible even in MoP, but it's slightly annoying compared to WotLK.

The Timeless Isle for me was as boring as anything in a MMO could be, it led to instant and timeless cancellation of my sub. I've always been a dungeon grinder, every place not dungeony is shit in my eyes, let alone a place where I farm... currency, like a fucking 9 to 5 job or something similar. No slot machine effect, no excitement, nothing. Grind shit, dress up, so you can grind larger amounts of more shiny shit. Fuck. This. Shit. Loot should be looted, not purchased.
Guess I'll wait the next xpack at this point.
The timeless coins aren't really used to buy loot. I mean, you can buy a burden for like 50k(?) and the "random armor bag", but for the most part they are used for non-gear stuff. Most of the loot on the island comes from the rare mobs/mini-bosses and the treasure chests.

There's not much point in grinding coins unless you want to buy the 100k coin dragon mount or you are a gambling addict and keep playing that monkey's key buying game.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Timeless was cool for all of 5 seconds. Considering the nerf to N ToT you're better off doing that over LFR ToT.

N ToT > SoO LFR > Flex SoO.

I think my current gripe with the game is the legendary quest. Its so absurd that they have the audacity to call this well timed cockblock a quest to begin with. I applaud people who did it, b/c had i known it would take 2-3 months to do it i'd have likely never resub'd.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I have no idea what WOW rotations are like these days, but the more games trim abilities so you have 3-7 abilities to use at any given time, situational or not, the better. That video was boring as fuck. The encounter it self looked really awesome and they did a great job with the boss mechanics, but all you did was move here, move there, continue rotation.

I'd much rather play a game that has me moving and doing things while my "skill rotation" is secondary. Use the environment and use strategy to win. Ah well, it will never be like that with this game.

Modo_sl

shitlord
Rogues are in a fun place right now! If you have one sitting around and are trying to raid, I'd recommend playing around with it.

Combat gets nearly permenent cooldown useage with theAssurance of ConsequenceandRestless Blades, with just enough time in between to get a Killing Spree off. The changes to the spec also made it less spammy, which is nice.

Assassination is still competitive but Combat's cleave beats it and it's single target is pretty close now. Still totally viable, but not the king anymore.

Subtlety is finally viable as well for raiding! It's still got the positional requirements, but the single target buff made it pretty crazy. It took two days to really relearn it to the point where I feel like I'm not making many errors and it really is a pretty complex and fun spec to play.Assurance of Consequencegives it something like a 35-40 second CD on Shadow Dance, and lower CDs on Vanish as well so you end up almost constantly dancing around find weakness. The 4 piece bonus throws some random elements into it, I'm actually really looking forward to raiding in it full time.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Why the hell is that even an item passive? That pretty much makes any agility based user a 100% BIS trinket does it not? Thats such a substantial upgrade over something shitty like +1700agi.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=105472... literally a 50% CD reduction on a ton of major CDs is ridiculous. I mean.. Heroic Warforged 2/2 is something, but... that + restless blades makes killing spree usable every what.. .. 30 seconds? tops?

Shadow dance every 15 or so seconds? haha.. ridiculous

Easily the most broken item i've seen yet. This alone makes me want to fart around on my rogue now lol

Modo_sl

shitlord
Nah, trinket design seems pretty good this tier. I know our monks/hunters have been passing on it in favor of other trinkets.

Juvarisx

Florida
I have the heroic warfroged strength one on my paladin (thanks coin). Its really good but it changes your rotation a lot. Having Avenging and GoTAK wrath on a much shorter cool-down makes you bank some cooldowns when you normally wouldn't. Also that trinket with Unbreakable spirit makes Divine Protection godly

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm curious how the tank one functions for monks. It mentions core abilities are impacted. Kegsmash on lower CD would be sweet ;p