World of Warcraft: Current Year

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have killed him two weeks now queueing with 3-5 people. The first time took a couple of wipes on a Monday and the second time was yesterday so the crowd was a lot better. I play on Sargeras and there were a couple of Midwinter alts in the raid, too, so that & my group made the whole place pretty smooth.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
yeah i did the same thing with some guildies last week. took the main tank main healer and our top two dps still wiped a few times on nazgrim cause people wouldn't lay off him in defensive stance.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lol. In an unsurprising twist, Blizz nerfs Naz in LFR

General Nazgrim

Changes on Raid Finder difficulty:
General Nazgrim's health has been reduced by 10%.
General Nazgrim's Ravager now hits for 200,000 damage.
General Nazgrim now gains 1 Rage when struck in Defensive Stance (down from 2 Rage).
General Nazgrim now gains 2 Rage for each target struck by Heroic Shockwave's Aftershocks (down from 3 Rage).
General Nazgrim now gains 2 Rage from Kor'kron Banner (down from 3 Rage).
Kor'kron Warshaman's Earth Shield now heals for 2% of maximum health (down from 5%).
Kor'kron Warshaman's Empowered Chain Heal now heals for 4% of maximum health (down from 10%).

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Laughing hard at the Defensive Stance "nerf", now he'll only hit... 100% every time!

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
You think they might get somewhere with improving the overall skill of raiders if they gave some additional bonus to not fucking up the fight? Meters aren't always a fair judge of someones execution of an encounter, I could see a popup based of your role showing a numerical representation of finesse and what you receive for doing the right thing. Sorta like what WAR attempted with public quests. They could make the loot chance a flat 10% and add 5% modifiers for proper execution.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
You think they might get somewhere with improving the overall skill of raiders if they gave some additional bonus to not fucking up the fight? Meters aren't always a fair judge of someones execution of an encounter, I could see a popup based of your role showing a numerical representation of finesse and what you receive for doing the right thing. Sorta like what WAR attempted with public quests. They could make the loot chance a flat 10% and add 5% modifiers for proper execution.
Something like this adds a lot of dev time though.

Bain

I just started working on the endless proving grounds achievements on my hunter and so far it seems pretty rough. I haven't been using food/flask for the little bit I've worked on it(will do that today) but it seems like if I miss landing sap on a mob I fail that wave. My group completed challenge modes back in January before I stopped playing so I am happy to see something like this again that doesn't disappoint on the challenge factor. Anyone here do the DPS achievement to 30 waves and have any opinions to share? I'm finding that I wish I had not sold my 489 infinite stars trinket just for the 55s ICD.
frown.png

Nxs_sl

shitlord
I have a completely different experience in LFR. If someone deliberately DPS'es Nazgrim in Defensive Stance, they get noticed and get kicked if it's a wipe. And otherwise scoffed at pretty badly. It is the same for other bosses.

Last week we wiped twice on him and the players who fucked up (and had a "i don't give a shit" attitude) got kicked. This week we had a clean run. Strategies were explained very quickly for those who hadn't done it yet and very frequently there's a player who calls out what to do in raid warning.

I run it at different times as well since I don't always have time on raid reset day.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The main problem with LFR this patch cycle is Flex poached a lot of the people who aren't 100% fuckwits, so you have a high # of people who a) suck b) don't listen c) troll. You also have high churn, so on a boss where you finally hammer in the strat, you may suddenly get 10 new players and have to explain from the beginning all over again.

Pug Flex I was in with competent people: We wiped once
LFR in the same wing: Probably 12-15 wipes

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just saw a video of a 99 stack phase 1 Thok fight. That shit is retarded. Shamans can no longer complain about being the worst healers. Granted they're a heroic guild doing it on reg, but still.

And god damn, my guild has the absolute worst luck with plate/tank drops. Everything is leather agi or mail agi...or we get a cloak off of 3 bosses each week when everyone has their fucking legendary. Fuck that shit.

Rime

<Donor>
Leather. Boots.

Since the launch, every single boss that can drop Leather Boots has dropped leather boots for my guild. Flex and Normal.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Shaman say they're the worst healers still? That patch made them god damn monsters. I'd even say they're probably the best in their current state lol

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
The main problem with LFR this patch cycle is Flex poached a lot of the people who aren't 100% fuckwits, so you have a high # of people who a) suck b) don't listen c) troll. You also have high churn, so on a boss where you finally hammer in the strat, you may suddenly get 10 new players and have to explain from the beginning all over again.

This. Every LFR I've run the DPS is so utterly miserable - which is surprising because it seems like at least 2 or 3 of the six healers are also DPSing - that we actually hit beserk timer on both Sha and Nazgrim more than once in the LFRs that I ran. Realistically I don't *need* to run LFR because I'm geared enough that flex is a breeze, but until I have 4 piece bonus I feel like I have to.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Realistically I don't *need* to run LFR because I'm geared enough that flex is a breeze, but until I have 4 piece bonus I feel like I have to.
Having bad Trinkets and bad 4-PC bonus this tier is surprisingly liberating. I almost don't even feel compelled to even use my coins on bosses.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Just did 48-68 in a day... my lord, questing and a run or two through appropriate dungeons = very fast. Really enjoying Monk, too.

Bain

I don't think there is a set server. I'm alliance on Sargeras with all of my r/l friends.

Asherah

Silver Knight of the Realm

I think LFR is seriously overtuned considering that it got knocked down a peg by flex. It's there to give the people that are too bad or too lazy for flex something to do (considering that there are no real PvE alternatives to raiding). It should present a minimal amount of challenge for the baddest of bads with ilvl 496 gear. For anyone that want a challenge there are other modes that give a lot better rewards. My guess is that most people that are too casual for regular raiding may not enjoy a few hours of wipes and verbal abuse and may find some other hobby if things don't improve.