World of Warcraft: Current Year

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What exactly is Mythic raiding considered if not a hobby? A sport? A job?

Expecting to clear every Mythic raid within its patch cycle I'd consider more than a hobby, yes. In the sense that if you're playing wow semi casually for fun...you shouldn't be expecting to just roll through and clear Mythic without putting a little work in.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Don't pretend I ghosted the guild haha. I did quit raiding and then transferred after. But it's not they all logged in and I was gone without a word.

Did I blow up the guild? Yes. But it's not like I had some scorched Earth shit going on

Anyways I don't want to talk about that anymore

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I thought the entire point of the FoH guild in legion was raiding on dadtime and not being super serious about it. I only did the first couple bosses in mythic and a couple months of heroic Argus before pushing for a few more ilvls and a chance at a leggo trinket wasn’t worth me logging in anymore. It’s typical for burnout at the end of an expansion cycle.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
As you can see, a lot of people here have the idea that you can raid mythic semi-casually. Which generally does not work. You have half the guild wanting to get more serious, and half the guild wanting to only log in to raid, and everyone ends up bickering and disliking each other because they have very different goals.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Even dad's go to the gym and try to lift weights too heavy for them to prove they still got it

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As you can see, a lot of people here have the idea that you can raid mythic, at all, semi-casually. Which does not work.

Hey anyone can get in those Mythic pugs to kill a boss or two. Long as their gear score is high enough.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would guess either random people who were interested or some combination of officers/strat guys and/or people in weird time zones? It was pretty funny for the first day or two because their ret paladin wasn't actually being taken for Jaina so you could just see him spamming Arena off in the background at the center while everyone else was raiding lol.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Watching Josh win and then go through the fight step by step while taking time out to shit post, talk mad amounts of shit, troll his old guild/server, and hit on the mothers of guildmates it looked to me as though he was satisfied/excited versus "relieved." He looked, sounded, and acted like a guy that had just won everything there was to win.

This was actually one of my favorite things about the whole stream is Josh being VERY detailed about everything in the fight. Dude would make god tier tutorials. It was's far more than just "boss will do this soon", it was great.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
FoH-Hyjal's biggest issue has always been because its melee-heavy. This was a problem as far back as WoD and haunted us even in this expansion.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This was actually one of my favorite things about the whole stream is Josh being VERY detailed about everything in the fight. Dude would make god tier tutorials. It was's far more than just "boss will do this soon", it was great.

I only started watching any of this because there was talk that a NA guild was going to world first G'huun and Josh completely won me over. I was actively cheering for them this content cycle. He's just got the right mix of energy, wit and vulgarity and I was glad Method pulled it out. Going through the whole fight and really explaining stuff after is A+ content.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
The darkener is my favorite title I got in Wow next to the undying and immortal, even after Argus I used darkener over titanslayer.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
FoH-Hyjal's biggest issue has always been because its melee-heavy. This was a problem as far back as WoD and haunted us even in this expansion.
Because ranged mechanics are fucking aids and the classes aren't fun to play.

• 2Solidarity

Khane

I only started watching any of this because there was talk that a NA guild was going to world first G'huun and Josh completely won me over. I was actively cheering for them this content cycle. He's just got the right mix of energy, wit and vulgarity and I was glad Method pulled it out. Going through the whole fight and really explaining stuff after is A+ content.

He is quite thorough and he sounds intelligent, not just "WoW smart" like some of the other players

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm not gonna go find the timestamp but his explanation of the entire fight was rainman levels of autistic, I'd probably consider that wow smart

Khane

He can actually speak. He has a grasp of the English language and doesn't sound like he's struggling with sentence structure. That puts him miles ahead of most streamers. I guess maybe the bar is just low.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Josh is hilarious. I just watched some of the VOD. “I’ll take a train to London tomorrow morning, I want world 2nd more than I wanted world 1st”.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf