World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
"I know you guys may hate this change but let me ask you a question. Are you sure you really hate this change? :wink:"

Who is hiring these people and then also letting them speak to the public?

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I agree, but how convenient should things be for everybody? Why do mages have portals? Should everybody just have the teleport abilities that mages have? I don’t think that’d feel right, heh.

Don't you guys have phones?

Seriously, as someone who mained a mage for 12 years I gave no fucks about any portals and was happy they were there for my alts and such. Now it's going to be a pain in the dick to get to places like CoT and Kara, not to mention it makes the Legion Artifact quests a complete mess for any alts or new players going through them.

Their metric is time. They think making simple tasks longer to perform is a good thing because they are logged in longer.

Yeah they can keep fucking that chicken and see how it works out. If this is some attempt to boost /played time again, they already squeezed all the blood out of that stone.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
As a kind of design philosophy regarding the size of the world and ease of travel I could sorta understand it but this is entirely out of nowhere. Why now and why so suddenly? It honestly comes off as capricious when the budget for that kind of attitude is already in the red. Did I miss announcements? Was this covered in Q&As? The reasons they are giving all ring false.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The portal to caverns of time has been in the game since Wrath of the Lich King. If you want to make decisions like this they need to be part of the design philosophy from the get go. You don't just wake up one day and say "Hey, let me remove something that's been in the game for 13 fucking years" and then pretend it makes the world bigger, when the world literally is way fucking bigger than when that portal was added.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I can't be assed to dig back and find it but there's another quote along the lines of "what exactly do you need from this CoT instance?", like they have no idea that there's several dungeons and raids there that people farm for mogs/mounts/etc every week.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I can't be assed to dig back and find it but there's another quote along the lines of "what exactly do you need from this CoT instance?", like they have no idea that there's several dungeons and raids there that people farm for mogs/mounts/etc every week.

Explain why you need to access this content. Why should we make it easy for you?

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm sure they can find another home in activision or EA because too many sheeple are still subbed and their retention numbers are probably good enough. The fact ION hasn't been canned after this six month shit show is pretty telling.

Diablo 3 creative director wasn't canned until RoS numbers came back.

Blizzard has always demanded smoking-gun evidence that someone has irreparably damaged their IP. They've always dealt in hard numbers, even before Activision moved in ever closer. The fact is commercially speaking BFA isn't hurting their bottom line overall. BFA is nothing more than a trend to keep watch of to the suits.

This is the way it's always been.

RoS was smoking-gun evidence that they could directly attribute to one individual-- and the firing happened almost immediately after first week box sales came back.

Last edited:

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I need to easily farm my life binders hand maiden.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well at least they kept Silvermoon and Exodar. That could've been disastrous.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
You're like an abused girlfriend going back for more.

You guys still playing this game astound me.

Because my first reaction is to be pissed, and I still think it's fucking stupid regardless. But even in my first response I mention all the toys. I have more ports than a mage on my paladin, and all it takes is a tiny amount of gold or some very easy grinding to achieve all of them.

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
The portal to caverns of time has been in the game since Wrath of the Lich King. If you want to make decisions like this they need to be part of the design philosophy from the get go. You don't just wake up one day and say "Hey, let me remove something that's been in the game for 13 fucking years" and then pretend it makes the world bigger, when the world literally is way fucking bigger than when that portal was added.

With the CoT portal gone, there should still be an NPC in Shattrath to port you over. I think it requires some quests to unlock, though, so may be a pain for alts. It will suck for me getting Experiment 12B in Dragon Souls, over 200 attempts so far.

xzi

Mouthbreather
With the CoT portal gone, there should still be an NPC in Shattrath to port you over. I think it requires some quests to unlock, though, so may be a pain for alts. It will suck for me getting Experiment 12B in Dragon Souls, over 200 attempts so far.

Oh ya it's that person in the bar that's floating or some shit right? I completely forgot about that wtf

I hope they don't start removing toys/other types of ports like that specifically "to make the world feel bigger"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The turds are taking out all the new dalaran portals aside from SW and Org in the 8.15 patch. Time to alienate the old content runners. Supposedly even getting rid of the cave teleport from MoP to WoD. Like what the fuck.
You think you want it, but you don't.

Edit seriously people should riot over having to unlock shit they have had access to for over a decade.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I'm all for increased travel times to make the game feel bigger more adventurous whatever But removing old world content portals andkeeping in LFR ports BG ports Random heroic ports etc.is so backwards
Youre making the relevant content still 0 travel time and click to port but the old stuff people have beaten and seen years ago also can fly over 99% of it youre going to make inconvenient?
So fucking stupid

xzi

Mouthbreather
They need to get rid of scaling in the world so I can put all my effort into gearing a rogue and ganking afk players in boralus in 3 hits

• 1Solidarity

Dalien

Registered Hodor
So I found that quote that I paraphrased in my last post and it turns out they're not entirely removing some of these portals, they actually went to the trouble of phasing them if you're not on certain quests.

I didn’t get a chance to verify it, but the plan was for the portals to show if you are on these quests.

For the part that was brought up about things like Ironforge being removed from the BfA portal rooms, I don’t think that’s intentional and should be changed in future build.

What content are folks doing in like CoT that the portal helps so much with? What about other areas? How much time do you think the new setup will add to your journey?

This fucking guy, I mean really.

For how I personally play and enjoy games, I like when I feel like I need to travel for a few minutes to get somewhere. For me, it is more rewarding when I complete the task that way and I wouldn’t want to be able to get everywhere instantly but there is a good medium to find (but continuing to pile up various teleporting items feels strange). Traveling over large areas reminds me of how vast the world is and I often reminisce while flying on a flight path or a mount. Sometimes I have even just used the port to Timeless Isle and taken the flight path to Shrine (instead of going straight there) as I can enjoy the view and relax.

Doesn't look like they're going to walk this back so I guess I'm glad my main is Mole Machine master race now.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Thing is, I hate that they have good points about it and I even agree with it but.. after being fed convenience for years and then suddenly removing it all out of nowhere is a pretty hard thing to swallow especially right after we literally lost spells by leveling to 120 from legion lmao

either way, what a bunch of clowns

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They are not good points. It’s one thing to make the current content feel large, which they done by not providing as many flight points as usual. But they are retroactively removing convenience for legacy content. What problem is this solving? At least they addressed the issue of nobody else taking the timeless isles portal with that fuckstick bornakk so they can enjoy a flightpath for no appareant reason.