World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dalien

Registered Hodor
3. Personnel Changes.
"We are immediately evaluating managers and leaders across the Company. Anyone found to have impeded the integrity of our processes for evaluating claims and imposing appropriate consequences will be terminated."

That's the most interesting part in Kotick's letter for me. Pretty definitive. One could reasonably expect JAB to be silently exiting stage left in the not too distant future.
If he gets a pass, then the rest of the letter would appear to be nothing more than fluff.

A good question would be, who in management didn't know? For fucks sake, employees were doing drunken cube crawls under womens desks and playing Call of Duty all fucking day, what kind of manager doesn't notice this? No wonder they aren't getting any work done. But the "players are definitely part of the problem" -Alex Klontzas, WoW Senior Game Producer, 2021.

If Bobby K sticks to his word we're going to see some major housecleaning soon, and everyone fired is going to be replaced with the most woke, diverse and inclusive Blizzard we have ever seen. Get ready for 23 new gender options added to the character crreator in 10.0 (if we ever see that).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Argarth

On the verandah
A good question would be, who in management didn't know? For fucks sake, employees were doing drunken cube crawls under womens desks and playing Call of Duty all fucking day, what kind of manager doesn't notice this? No wonder they aren't getting any work done. But the "players are definitely part of the problem" -Alex Klontzas, WoW Senior Game Producer, 2021.

If Bobby K sticks to his word we're going to see some major housecleaning soon, and everyone fired is going to be replaced with the most woke, diverse and inclusive Blizzard we have ever seen. Get ready for 23 new gender options added to the character crreator in 10.0 (if we ever see that).
Perhaps you're right, but honestly I couldn't care less about the future of Blizzard as a company. Don't play any of their games anymore, and quit WoW nearly 3 years ago.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sounds like I should apply, I dare anyone at blizzard to say I am unqualified.

Why, do I need to be on an offender list to be "qualified" to be a dev for WoW?

pathetic.png

• 1Worf

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
The harassment sections are minor compared to the CRT sections which are the bulk of the lawsuit. Its amazing how the Twitter / YouTube and even Twitch crowds are in such a frenzy over the harassment charges. None of which were so vile enough as to be worth making their own lawsuits.
The MeToo shit gets all the soy boys, incels and feminazis ramped up so of course it gets more coverage. But yeah a big part of the meat of the filing actually relates to things like the California Equal Pay act violation. Violations of that act tend to be pretty easy to prove since DFEH likely has had open access to their payroll throughout the investigation, they only have to show a pattern of female employees being paid less for equivalent work and in equivalent job titles in a systemic fashion, and that's basically case closed on that part of the case.

There's also some evidence they discriminated against pregnant employees. As someone who has been in management before, pregnancies and military deployments were two major things that kinda sucked to work around, but it's widely understood these are protected legal events, and you discriminate against employees for them at high peril to yourself and your employer.

Another damning piece of evidence on the pay and promotion aspect, is Blizzard themselves hired an outside law firm specifically to find if the company was having issues in terms of equal compensation and opportunities, and it appears like the recommendations from that firm were ignored by upper management. That shows deliberate poor judgement.

• 1Like

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
My corporate bro analysis of the current situation is that the first statement the company put out was circling the wagons, especially around J Allen Brack, who is specifically alleged to have known of various things and done nothing in response. The new statement feels a lot like Bobby Kotick realizing he may start feeling pressure from Activision's Board over this, and if it's between Bobby (CEO of Activision) and J Brack (President of Blizzard), yeah Brack is about to fall on a sword. Luckily he'll of course get a nice golden parachute. If you actually look at Brack's timeline at Blizzard, he was made Executive Producer of World of Warcraft not too long before a lot of their shittiest diablo-ification of the game started to happen, so I'm not actually sure he's a positive force for the players anyway.

As for the company becoming woke...lulz. The've been putting trannies and gay characters in Overwatch and WoW for years, the company went full woke ages ago, that isn't going to change.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Their stock started taking a hit, so that is why Bobby stepped in.

1627446470121.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Funny thing—the movie Moneyball which was about Billy Beane applying sabermetrics to running the Oakland A’s actually featured Bobby Kotick doing an uncredited cameo as Steve Schott (the A’s owner.)

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That Kotick statement is a shot across the bow from the Board. I'll call it right now JAB is writing his resignation to Bobby tonight.

He could be out before the law firm concludes their investigation-- which would be an emergency measure. If stock tips 10% further down, expect JAB gone before the investigation finishes.

If the stock levels off, expect JAB terminated at the end of the investigation.

Either way, JAB is gone. He had direct conversations with Furor. There is no way to survive that.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
"I gave em a talking to" isn't going to float when the shareholders are demanding heads.

"I talked to him twice though"

OH, he talked to him twice, well shit I'm sorry Mr. Brack! LOL naw, he's out.

"Come on Bobby, I talked to him THREE times!!" Yeah but the stock is fucking tanking, and you didn't do anything besides talk. Cya.

Who the fuck is JAB, im out of the loop.

president of Blizzard

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Suddenly I feel the ones left in blizzard wont like it as much as before. LOL Days of country club are over. Welcome to real work and corporate america.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Suddenly I feel the ones left in blizzard wont like it as much as before. LOL Days of country club are over. Welcome to real work and corporate america.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Now take that all the way up to your little constitutional monarchy that takes your money at gunpoint and you're getting somewhere.

We'll make an American out of you yet, Tory.
I'm in. What cargo do I need to dump into which harbour?

Last edited:

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why is blizzard communication to the customer about these "brave women" ? who cares, really ? a company has no moral duty (and must not have one)