World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
No you don't. This is a straight up lie. Especially in states where employment is At Will.
So it's funny because anyone who says things like "states where employment is At Will" know almost nothing about employment law. Employment at Will is the standard in the United States. I can go into much more depth if you want, but the only state that isn't At Will is Montana, and it's a common sign of lack of knowledge of employment law that "at will" employment needs to be considered on a state by state basis, it generally does not because 49 states representing some 99% of the country are At Will states. Even in Montana the minor procedural requirement established in statute for a Just Cause dismissal is so thin, that it functions almost identically to an At Will state.

And it is absolutely not a lie that bad employees work everywhere, including non-unionized work forces. I'm guessing maybe you've never worked, since you seem deeply ignorant of basic facts of work. Also just because a company can fire you at will, doesn't mean it will. Many companies have a procedural PIP process for dismissals for poor work quality, that usually take a few months at minimum to work themselves out. This is primarily to protect against legal liability but it's also a process control on middle managers as well.

LOL WHAT? There's just no managers around to shit can shit employees at non-union companies?

Again, I question if you've experienced work. Many middle managers in the corporate world have tons of direct reports, some of whom work in different buildings, some of whom they go months without seeing. Those employees are very often only minimally managed. At lower order jobs like fast food and retail, managers often will only fire people if they're stealing or refusing to show up for work, under the assumption that you're sifting the dregs to get positions filled anyway so you can't really be that strict.

FWIW my Mom has been a higher up in State government for decades and fired plenty of people in her career. State government jobs are not at will, there are civil service protections and you have to go through a process to fire people. The thing is--there is a process. A ton of government managers are just lazy and don't want to go through it. One funny anecdote--my Mom had this angry Iranian programmer that worked for her, he was terrible at his job and frequently unprofessional. He would send emails in all caps and regularly scream at meetings. She fired him--it took like 12 months, multiple written warnings, what's called a "Grievan Hearing" because he asserted he was being discriminated against so a Public Employee Administrative Judge had to review his case. But the thing is my Mom dotted all her I's, crossed all her T's. This guy lost every thing he tried to do, and lost his job. (Something like 95% of the administrative law hearings are decided in the State's favor in my Mom's state.) I'm not at all denying such a process is not onerous and nonsensical, but to say you can't fire employees in those sort of jobs is simply not accurate. It just takes work, work many people are happy to ignore. With union jobs there is likewise a formalized dispute process for actually firing the person. While I've never been unionized, I've worked for companies in the oil and telecom industries that had unionized labor. We had plenty of those guys get fired. You just have to go through a process.

• 5Like
  • 2Picard
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 8 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
So it's funny because anyone who says things like "states where employment is At Will" know almost nothing about employment law. Employment at Will is the standard in the United States. I can go into much more depth if you want, but the only state that isn't At Will is Montana, and it's a common sign of lack of knowledge of employment law that "at will" employment needs to be considered on a state by state basis, it generally does not because 49 states representing some 99% of the country are At Will states. Even in Montana the minor procedural requirement established in statute for a Just Cause dismissal is so thin, that it functions almost identically to an At Will state.

And it is absolutely not a lie that bad employees work everywhere, including non-unionized work forces. I'm guessing maybe you've never worked, since you seem deeply ignorant of basic facts of work. Also just because a company can fire you at will, doesn't mean it will. Many companies have a procedural PIP process for dismissals for poor work quality, that usually take a few months at minimum to work themselves out. This is primarily to protect against legal liability but it's also a process control on middle managers as well.

Again, I question if you've experienced work. Many middle managers in the corporate world have tons of direct reports, some of whom work in different buildings, some of whom they go months without seeing. Those employees are very often only minimally managed. At lower order jobs like fast food and retail, managers often will only fire people if they're stealing or refusing to show up for work, under the assumption that you're sifting the dregs to get positions filled anyway so you can't really be that strict.

FWIW my Mom has been a higher up in State government for decades and fired plenty of people in her career. State government jobs are not at will, there are civil service protections and you have to go through a process to fire people. The thing is--there is a process. A ton of government managers are just lazy and don't want to go through it. One funny anecdote--my Mom had this angry Iranian programmer that worked for her, he was terrible at his job and frequently unprofessional. He would send emails in all caps and regularly scream at meetings. She fired him--it took like 12 months, multiple written warnings, what's called a "Grievan Hearing" because he asserted he was being discriminated against so a Public Employee Administrative Judge had to review his case. But the thing is my Mom dotted all her I's, crossed all her T's. This guy lost every thing he tried to do, and lost his job. (Something like 95% of the administrative law hearings are decided in the State's favor in my Mom's state.) I'm not at all denying such a process is not onerous and nonsensical, but to say you can't fire employees in those sort of jobs is simply not accurate. It just takes work, work many people are happy to ignore. With union jobs there is likewise a formalized dispute process for actually firing the person. While I've never been unionized, I've worked for companies in the oil and telecom industries that had unionized labor. We had plenty of those guys get fired. You just have to go through a process.

LMAO at this fucking pedant.

"ACKSHUALLY...."

Hey dipshit - what do Unions and "employment at will" have in common?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Its the same for most jobs. If youre a good reliable worker it likely isnt very hard for you to find a job. Unions only serve to inflate the cost of labor as much as possible and protect the most worthless/lazy employees.
I don't have an issue finding a job, fwiw. I care about those that don't have 6 years experience in the industry and are stuck in a perpetual loop of job searches because of the lazy/untalented folks.

The issue for most getting into the industry is getting into it. There's plenty of lazy/untalented folks that make it hard for talented, hard working folks to get into it.
And those at the executive/leadership levels normally exclude them for petty reasons.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
LMAO at this fucking pedant.

"ACKSHUALLY...."

Hey dipshit - what do Unions and "employment at will" have in common?
I mean I don't know you're the one who brought up at will employment. Would you care to attempt a coherent thought? I love all the literal corporate simps in this thread. What is it you think you're getting out of deep throating any random corporation you can find that will let you hold onto its legs?

• 4Worf
  • 1Slow
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I love all the literal corporate simps in this thread.
If you spent the past I dont know 5-6 years in the politics thread(or numerous other threads that touch this topic) you would realize there arent many if any of those here.

But hey keep being insanely ignorant thinking we all worship big business and think Kotick is a great man.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yes there is shit stains in every workplace, its inevitable. The larger the company the more of them hide away in the corners and hopefully they never get found out. But unions exacerbate this problem 100 fold. Now those no talent ass clowns are not only there but out in the open, getting promotions because of seniority instead of merit.

You think unions magically start hiring scrubs with no experience? Do you think unions will protect snowflakes from harassment?

Its just another good ole boys club but now with the power to bend the company to their will.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
And even then, if you lived there for some weird freedom fantasy of having employment rights, you'd still be living in fucking Montana.

You'd be happy you have rights, but living in fucking Montana where no one will hire you as games jobs don't existing in fucking Montana.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
If you spent the past I dont know 5-6 years in the politics thread(or numerous other threads that touch this topic) you would realize there arent many if any of those here.

But hey keep being insanely ignorant thinking we all worship big business and think Kotick is a great man.
I mean I see like 5 dudes who are posting at least 4-5 times a day in this thread who seem to basically be obsessed with defending companies and simping out against employees at every turn. I literally don't ever open the politics subforums on this forum due to the class of people who post here + message board arguing about politics is basically full on retarded behavior. If you don't like the way a company is run, it is on their management. Managers set the tone and set the policies and the strategic vision of the company. Employment is an intrinsically adversarial relationship. Your employer doesn't give 1 shit about you, and you shouldn't give one shit about them. You should seek to wring as much out of your job money wise as you can, and you should bolt for the next better job at the first instant you can. I have literally mentored interns on this--I regularly give them a talk that goes like "This company will lay you off without losing a second's sleep, never give your personal loyalty to this company, give them the work required to do a good job and always be ready to move to another job." I've seen tons of people make their company their "life" and it's sad and pathetic, it's the ultimate "friendzone" relationship. The company never cares about you, but you're obsessed and in love with it. Not healthy.

• 4Like
  • 2Picard
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 7 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Yes there is shit stains in every workplace, its inevitable. The larger the company the more of them hide away in the corners and hopefully they never get found out. But unions exacerbate this problem 100 fold. Now those no talent ass clowns are not only there but out in the open, getting promotions because of seniority instead of merit.

You think unions magically start hiring scrubs with no experience? Do you think unions will protect snowflakes from harassment?

Its just another good ole boys club but now with the power to bend the company to their will.
Like I said the structure of U.S. unions is garbage because of the shop system, literally no other country has ever used a union system like that, and it's a system that was designed to make unions less effective, and it worked. If we actually had a functioning labor system in the United States we (the collective we who work for any Fortune 500 or even any medium sized company) wouldn't be getting regularly assfucked on things like our retirement plans, being forced into arbitration agreements that mean when the company fucks us over we have no recourse, seeing them hire illiterate Indians to do as much of our work as possible etc etc. The opposite of "American unions suck" isn't "corporations are good." Corporations are good for the shareholders (which is why I invest in stocks), but they don't have their employees interests at heart. Should they? No, that isn't really why they exist. But that's why I say employment is adversarial, and collective negotiation tends to get employees a better shake. We don't really have any sort of vehicle for that in the U.S. because our union laws were designed by corporate executives in the 1940s with the specific purpose of making unions useless.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I mean I see like 5 dudes who are posting at least 4-5 times a day in this thread who seem to basically be obsessed with defending companies and simping out against employees at every turn. I literally don't ever open the politics subforums on this forum due to the class of people who post here + message board arguing about politics is basically full on retarded behavior. If you don't like the way a company is run, it is on their management. Managers set the tone and set the policies and the strategic vision of the company. Employment is an intrinsically adversarial relationship. Your employer doesn't give 1 shit about you, and you shouldn't give one shit about them. You should seek to wring as much out of your job money wise as you can, and you should bolt for the next better job at the first instant you can. I have literally mentored interns on this--I regularly give them a talk that goes like "This company will lay you off without losing a second's sleep, never give your personal loyalty to this company, give them the work required to do a good job and always be ready to move to another job." I've seen tons of people make their company their "life" and it's sad and pathetic, it's the ultimate "friendzone" relationship. The company never cares about you, but you're obsessed and in love with it. Not healthy.
You got it wrong my friend. I could give 2 shits about blizzard or activision. But I do care about the woke culture ruining everything it touches. This is why im here. Not to protect blizzard, alex or kotic, its to expose this wokeness as a fucking cancer to everything it touches.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
UPS is another example of a company with a good union.
ROFL. No. I worked for UPS for almost 2 years. They are most assuredly not a "good union". Better than teachers and cops? Yeah, I guess? But that isn't exactly a high fucking bar.

UPS' union exists as a way for housewives to work 2 hours a week(EVERYONE is eligible for medical benefits, regardless of hours worked) in mail sort and collect fucking insane medical insurance benefits for their families. All the while, the dudes doing the actual work of load or unload wall pull in $10-12/hour, because the union negotiated for insane fucking medical benefits instead of decent hourly pay.

If you're in a "role" at UPS for 30 days, that's considered "your job". So, if you work unload wall for 30 days and a supervisor asks if you can help out on sort? You can flat tell him, "nope!". Even if unload wall is slow as shit and you're standing around without a trailer to unload. Sure, most "good" supervisors figure out the workaround is to just constantly bounce people around in their first 30 days, but sometimes they forget, and after that, you're "locked in".

But, continue to stay out of touch and speak on shit you have 0 idea about.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I mean I see like 5 dudes who are posting at least 4-5 times a day in this thread who seem to basically be obsessed with defending companies and simping out against employees at every turn.
Says the man who has 41 posts in this thread since Monday.
I literally don't ever open the politics thread on this forum due to the class of people who post here + message board arguing about politics is basically full on retarded behavior.
Thanks for admitting youre a fragile snowflake who cant handle mild hurty words.
The company never cares about you, but you're obsessed and in love with it. Not healthy.
How are your takes this laughbly wrong? Youre not even in the same universe with the posters here. Again if you actually participated in this community and followed threads you would know this board has been universally shitting on Blizzard for 4+ years now.

• 2Picard
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Says the man who has 41 posts in this thread since Monday.

Thanks for admitting youre a fragile snowflake who cant handle mild hurty words.

How are your takes this laughbly wrong? Youre not even in the same universe with the posters here. Again if you actually participated in this community and followed threads you would know this board has been universally shitting on Blizzard for 4+ years now.
Okay grandpa Joe.

• 4Moron
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I mean I don't know you're the one who brought up at will employment. Would you care to attempt a coherent thought? I love all the literal corporate simps in this thread. What is it you think you're getting out of deep throating any random corporation you can find that will let you hold onto its legs?

Theres no corporate "simps" here.

Let me know if you're unable to answer the question. Here it is again: "Hey dipshit - what do Unions and "employment at will" have in common?".

Is it coherent enough for you?

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Theres no corporate "simps" here.

Let me know if you're unable to answer the question. Here it is again: "Hey dipshit - what do Unions and "employment at will" have in common?".

Is it coherent enough for you?
I'm not gonna go tit for tat with a retard. You said something dumb, likely something you sucked out of Tucker Carlson's asshole one night while jerking off to pics of AOC or some shit, and I'm not gonna delve into that with you. You showed based on your posts you had little to no knowledge about employment at all, nor how about how people are routinely fired from jobs whether they are union or non-union jobs. As I said, some jobs have a process for firing employees because of a bargaining agreement, civil service code, or even just corp HR policy. That doesn't mean bad employees cannot be fired, it does mean lazy managers may not be able to get them fired because it would require effort.

• 2Imbecile
  • 1Moron
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
You got it wrong my friend. I could give 2 shits about blizzard or activision. But I do care about the woke culture ruining everything it touches. This is why im here. Not to protect blizzard, alex or kotic, its to expose this wokeness as a fucking cancer to everything it touches.
So you're taking the edgelord position on a forum that's like 98% white nerds age 30 to 45 that woke culture sucks? I think you may be preaching to the already converted friend, you probably need to head down to the cultural equivalent of Africa or something to find some fresh converts. I don't really think there's anyone here who likes woke culture. But there's a big difference between "woke culture" nonsense and a company that literally has what may be the most incompetent HR of any Fortune 500 company. Blizzard's recent trouble with DFEH has little to do with Woke Culture and is actually about them not complying with pretty basic California employment laws. California is probably the worst State in the country to be lax on your HR shit.

• 1Picard
  • 1Imbecile

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I mean I see like 5 dudes who are posting at least 4-5 times a day in this thread who seem to basically be obsessed with defending companies and simping out against employees at every turn.
Most of these people are the shitty employees, which is how they know so much about companies being filled with shitty employees.

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I'm not gonna go tit for tat with a retard. You said something dumb, likely something you sucked out of Tucker Carlson's asshole one night while jerking off to pics of AOC or some shit, and I'm not gonna delve into that with you. You showed based on your posts you had little to no knowledge about employment at all, nor how about how people are routinely fired from jobs whether they are union or non-union jobs. As I said, some jobs have a process for firing employees because of a bargaining agreement, civil service code, or even just corp HR policy. That doesn't mean bad employees cannot be fired, it does mean lazy managers may not be able to get them fired because it would require effort.

Dumb wall of text every time to a simple yes or no question

Are you autistic?

I'm not gonna go tit for tat with a retard.

But you already answered it, dipshit.

State government jobs are not at will, there are civil service protections and you have to go through a process to fire people.

Is it sinking in yet?

• 3Moron
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users