World of Warcraft: Current Year

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Maybe one day we'll get the story on "Titan"
Do we need any more info than what we have? They developed a large amount of IP, but couldn't make it work as an MMO so they turned it into Overwatch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
The fact that the best they could get out of it was OW suggest the MMO version of it was really bad.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The fact that the best they could get out of it was OW suggest the MMO version of it was really bad.

One of the Furor allegations has him shouting heatedly in a suite upstairs with someone who was working on Titan.

Morhaime was within earshot. The woman who was listening left earshot because she had NDA concerns.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
You dont know shit. The unionized auto companies did nothing but produce shit products with with shit work ethic while holding the big three hostage...And then they all went belly up and had to be rescued by government in the 2Ks. And guess what, after the restructure, all new employees are making same wages with same bennies and no retirement like the Jap auto companies in Tennessee and ohio. Maybe that shit worked in the 50s and 60s when they were the only players in town selling autos, but guess what 70-80s came around and they were not anymore. You had honda, toyota and others stepping into the market with better product at a better price. Yet we were still paying line workers $30+/hr, some making excess of $100K per year because of OT, and thats not even counting the bennies and retirement which jacked up that hourly figure into the $70-$80/hr mark, it was unsustainable. All for that mindless drone work with a union work ethic to boot (we would not want to work too hard) basically work any mouthbreather that had IQ of 85+ could do.
It's a real shame when people just make shit up on the internet and you can find easily researched government sources that show union members make more money: https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/union2.pdf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
EQ also had some core design issues + a lot of its team got cannibalized over to work on SWG and executives decided to launch GoD completely unfinished which were major blunders worse than anything Blizz has done. Blizzard's biggest sin is it's just made the game tedious and boring, 2004-2007 era EQ they were actively delivering content almost like they wanted to phsyically harm their customers. One thing that I think people often leave out in the EQ story is you had expansion content that wasn't very appealing to non-raiders, and the % of their subscribers who didn't raid was really big. WoW was a better game for non-raiders from day 1. Raiders generate hype and a lot of the community around a game, but lots and lots of casuals delivers the $. Expansions like GoD an OoW back to back really turned their back on the ~90% of the player base that never touched raiding. LDoN and DoN both seemed like they attempted to throw bones to casuals, but both expansions kinda missed the mark in the game play experience they delivered--although I actually think a lot of casuals enjoyed running LDoN dungeons at one point in time, that was the era when I was fully transitioned to college life and only logging in very occasionally though.
Well, they had released expansion after expansion that was quite clearly intended for "raiders only!". GoD at release was neither, since it basically fucked both crowds. It wasn't until TSS where they rethought a lot of shit, especially about designing for "raiders". The game actually has some really damn good expansions in the period between TSS - RoF. There were a few stinkers in there like Buried Sea and Underfoot, or some weird ass story shit like Alaris, but that period of TSS - RoF might be even better than Classic - PoP, especially if you ignore the nostalgia factor.
I didn't look into the time to driver period or know if it was much different hub to hub. I just know that from the drivers I knew. Including ones that did it for 30 years then said they made the mistake of going to management in a corporate office, they all seemed to imply that the wait to go to driver was worth it. But that's a derail beyond the current one.
Going driver is worth it for sure, if you get lucky enough to win a slot in the training. How it worked at our hub is that there was a "sign-up" sheet posted when driver spots came available. Essentially, you'd put your name on a list that you wanted to be a parcel driver, and they'd go down the list of names in seniority order. If somebody failed the test or said they were no longer interested, they'd go to the next name. So on and so forth, until they filled their quota, then you'd wait around for the next signup.

So, you could get "lucky" and get parcel driver really early, or it could takes YEARS. Like I said, average at our hub was 5. I knew a guy who got lucky and went parcel after 2 years, reached max pay scale (that's the other fun part of unions, max pay scales, yay!), then went BACK to the hub doing bullshit work after 10 years of that. So, he worked part-time at the hub, making the same hourly rate as he did as a parcel driver - basically $34/hour to "audit" boxes. He said he was coasting on that and then retiring with a full pension at 43. Then I knew another guy who had been trying for 8 years to get parcel and still hadn't been called yet. It was shortly after that I put in my notice and left. I wasn't waiting around for a "maybe one day!".

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
  • 1Worf

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
  • 5Worf
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Any update on the work stoppage? Is the #WalkOut ongoing or was it just a one-day affair?
It was just for one day. Note that for white collar workers a one day "walk out" has almost no corporate impact at all. When factory workers would do it in the old days, that cost the owner x amount of lost production and money he wasn't ever getting back. In a white collar job most likely you just have ot make up the work before the next deadline anyway.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Any update on the work stoppage? Is the #WalkOut ongoing or was it just a one-day affair?
guessing it was just a photo op. they are all sitting around going "shit I actually need a job". oh well time to go do some more bullshit in my "toxic workplace". checks are cashing the same (for now) but we can still bitch on social media so all is well

• 1Like

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
guessing it was just a photo op. they are all sitting around going "shit I actually need a job". oh well time to go do some more bullshit in my "toxic workplace". checks are cashing the same (for now) but we can still bitch on social media so all is well
I'm curious because I've never been on it, but does welfare come as a check or just a direct deposit?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm curious because I've never been on it, but does welfare come as a check or just a direct deposit?
Most states give you a pre-paid debit card kind of thing. If you pay attention at the grocery store and you have a shitbird in front of you they will almost certainly be using it.

• 1Like

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Most states give you a pre-paid debit card kind of thing. If you pay attention at the grocery store and you have a shitbird in front of you they will almost certainly be using it.
Nice. I'm assuming you can sell a card w/money still on it for crack or meth?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Nice. I'm assuming you can sell a card w/money still on it for crack or meth?
Mildly certain that they just go to the store and buy X then sell X for $Y. Just a little more complicated than food stamps.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It gets refilled every month, they aren't disposable. They'll stand at the self-checkouts in big places like Wal-Mart and offer to pay for your groceries in exchange for cash.