World of Warcraft: Current Year

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You idiots are taking this way too far.

Cosby suite + pics of alcohol = they hoped girls would come and get drunk so they could hook up with them, it's that simple and it was a joke in bad taste. None of you should be surprised a bunch of beta male nerds thought it was absolute gold, piled on to it, and that Furor was a god among sweaty nerds and they would participate in whatever he said.

Maybe Alex is a piece of shit and legit wanted to cross that line, who knows. I don't know the guy, but his #1 fan James says it wasn't in his character to rape women.

Also according to the complaint it was the CROSBY SUITE so they were appropriating this musical genius and probably playing CSNY greatest hits, which would definitely have turned me on.

1628010324295.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Getting bogged down in details like if "Crosby Suite" was an in joke or rape joke is getting a bit autistic guys.

Both explanations are unconvincing so you are just going to argue in circles, it's ruining the fun. It's probably somewhere in the middle and they are all dumbasses.

The facts are that the games have been shit and the developers have been behaving inappropriately to both customers and staff.

Let's enjoy every morsel of their downfall and if a twitter gender expert wants to exagerate events, I'm all for it. You get what you fucking deserve.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know the guy, but his #1 fan James says it wasn't in his character to rape women.

This is exactly why I call you people who think Furor was making rape joke with the Cosby picture easily confused idiots -- I've never not once even come close to making that argument. It's so far off base to what I've been saying consistently that I wonder how you manage to get your pants on in the morning without fucking it up.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Big Bobbeh doesn't fuck around but jesus fucking christ

Jen joined Blizzard in January as executive vice president of development, where she’s been providing senior development leadership and support to the Diablo and Overwatch franchises
meaning, she doesn't know jack shit about blizzard games
After many years at XBOX, Mike joined the company in 2019 as the executive vice president and general manager of platform and technology, where he’s been overseeing the evolution of Battle.net and our development services organization.
console fag who's really into "games as service"

Also, having essentially 2 CEO's is fucking insanity. Nothing will get done, it'll be all either passing the ball or internal office politics to secure their own position and undermine the other. A single person needs to be in change because they have to make some really tough decisions in the near future.

Last edited:

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is exactly why I call you people who think Furor was making rape joke with the Cosby picture easily confused idiots -- I've never not once even come close to making that argument. It's so far off base to what I've been saying consistently that I wonder how you manage to get your pants on in the morning without fucking it up.
I should have said "make rape jokes" but whatever.
This thread needs to move to Screenshots and become a poll at this point.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Jen joined Blizzard in January as executive vice president of development, where she’s been providing senior development leadership and support to the Diablo and Overwatch franchises
I mean, given what I have heard recently about this company, I'd imagine the only way she got the position is that she sucked Bobby's Kotick.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
As someone who would hear about Cosby's trial constantly (I literally couldn't escape it, I was in LA in 2017 for E3 and I heard about my fucking hometown on national news in some apartel I was staying at, because he lives in Norristown), he has been considered a rapist for far previously than 2015. Dates back as far as I remember caring about news.

it's one of the few things my father and I bonded on: Making fun of people's misfortunes due to their shitty actions.
I remember my dad and I joking that he's gonna 'get dem grirls his special jello puddin with the druggy drug pills ah ah ah' after the allegations.
Wild, fucked up shit that we'd joke about to ignore the reality that actual people are getting hurt. We were (and still) are powerless to change that shit, so it was easier to joke than it was to address the issue immediately.

Fuck, I remember YTMND Cosby rapist accusation fads. That alone should tell its age; they weren't even called memes then.

It was a thing then, it was definitely in 2010. Maybe not actual sexual assault, and that's the part the court is there for determining, but definitely a place where you would have sex with people you really shouldn't be.

The taboo is there. That's why Bill Cosby's photo was there. I mean, fuck; how many of you fucked your coworkers in your office in 2000-2015, well before all this cancel culture BS?

The issue is they were fucking chicks when they should've been working on making sure we didn't have a content drought during various expansions.
We had Siege of Orgrimmar for almost 2 years. That was fucked up. Couldn't get off the Cosby suite to make 1 or 2 dungeons.

Meanwhile, they had Angela, Pamela, Sandra and Rita, and as the months continued, the content was getting shittier.

That's the real issue everyone has. It has nothing to do with sexism, or racism, it has to do with unequal application of punishment, even if the situations are with greatly different companies or fields of work. People are busting their asses in hospitals, schools, and HVAC fields elsewhere, and these manchildren are fucking chicks without penalty at work.

• 1Moron
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why we have 2 separate game threads of people bitching about the same thing, is mindnumbing..

• 1Worf

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I don't even understand why the Cosby shit even matters. no one alleged anything like that happened so who gives a shit? just further character assassination from the REEs?

this whole thing is already tired

View attachment 365220
I don't think it matters at all, it's just silly to literally pretend that no one knew anything was off about Bill Cosby until Hannibal Burress's set in 2014, when the whole premise of the set was "go google all the shit that's out there." It's so much circular illogic it's almost like North Korean state media shit.

• 1Moron
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Honestly I think James coming out of nowhere to simp so hard for someone he doesn't even know is one of the strangest parts of all of this.

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm always pro-calling people delusional retards when they're being delusional retards, you should know this.

• 1Worf

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think it matters at all, it's just silly to literally pretend that no one knew anything was off about Bill Cosby until Hannibal Burress's set in 2014, when the whole premise of the set was "go google all the shit that's out there." It's so much circular illogic it's almost like North Korean state media shit.

And yet for some reason no one can link me to anything not pure news media briefly discussing it prior to the set, Secrets up there even thinks there's a trove of Cosby rapist YTMNDs just sitting around like yeah it was some big fuckin rapist in joke for decades or something.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Sure, people might've had some "background" knowledge on some shit, but Cosby being a fucking creep was really only known about in comedian circles, until the shit hit the fan in 2014-2015ish.

We all made jokes and references to "suckin' on mah puddin pop flizzim flazzam", because of the obvious innuendo there in regards to a penis - PLENTY of my friends and myself made these jokes all through the 2000s. But to pretend like it was "common knowledge" that Cosby was running a rape factory? Give me a fuckin' break.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Big Bobbeh doesn't fuck around but jesus fucking christ

meaning, she doesn't know jack shit about blizzard games

console fag who's really into "games as service"

Also, having essentially 2 CEO's is fucking insanity. Nothing will get done, it'll be all either passing the ball or internal office politics to secure their own position and undermine the other. A single person needs to be in change because they have to make some really tough decisions in the near future.
I think Google had two CEOs for like a decade during which it made like $800bn in profits, so I'm not convinced it can't work.

What I find concerning is the woman is named Jen Oneal like, every official release with her name spells it that way...O'Neal with a fucking APOSTROPHE is how you spell this clearly Irish name. What kind of person just unilaterally hacks off the apostrophe from their name, that's the real question.

Stalking both of these people on LinkedIn neither gives me particular confidence they're going to be miracle turn around agents. Mike Ybarra just came to Blizzard in 2019 from Microsoft where he spent almost 20 years. It looks like about 10 of those years was just basic enterprise software developer at Microsoft, the other 10 was on the Xbox team, but it was all platform and services shit, Xbox Live, etc. Nohting wrong with that, but he means he's someone you hire to run a corporate IT shop or something, he is unlikely to have any major vision from a gaming perspective.

Oneal has been in gaming since the early 2000s but has been a producer the whole time, her credentials seem fine for that side of the house, and of the two she probably has more direct exposure to game development and gamers, but none of these people are out of the mold of a Jeff Kaplan(Tigole) or Mike Morhaime, Tigole was a hardcore gamer and was deep into the gamer side of shit at Blizzard. Morhaime was a baller who taught himself how to program in the 70s because he thought it'd be cool and was writing his own games for basically pennies as a passion project in the early 1990s before he helped found Blizzard. These are people who gaming was a real passion for and they had almost nothing else going on in their lives during the formative years of their gaming careers. People like Oneal and Ybarra are basically just suits, they'll do what a corporation expects but they're really there for the stock options and 7 figure income, they aren't particularly attached to the product. They'd be just as happy being VPs at Exxon as they would at a gaming company, and that lack of passion is going to be reflected in the company.

• 1Worf

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Sure, people might've had some "background" knowledge on some shit, but Cosby being a fucking creep was really only known about in comedian circles, until the shit hit the fan in 2014-2015ish.

We all made jokes and references to "suckin' on mah puddin pop flizzim flazzam", because of the obvious innuendo there in regards to a penis - PLENTY of my friends and myself made these jokes all through the 2000s. But to pretend like it was "common knowledge" that Cosby was running a rape factory? Give me a fuckin' break.
"Comedy" circles, meaning multiple national newspapers and multiple national TV broadcasts in the mid 2000s.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Moron
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users