World of Warcraft: Current Year

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

You guys should be ashamed for funding this shit. That must be the gayest cinematic in gaming history.

RingedBeneficialIberianemeraldlizard-max-1mb.gif

• 5Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It sucks this expansion is going to be so gay because the dragon riding is going to be fun and the talent system is the best thing they've implemented since M+ two expansions ago.

Leveling off these invasions seems to be pretty good. Went from 56-60 in probably less then an hour and got enough currency to get my guy geared.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
The pre-patch invasions are a great way to level up at the moment, especially at levels 40+. Just tagging mobs and letting the masses kill them gets you from 50 to 60 in just over an hour or so, with the +18% XP buff still ongoing from the anniversary. And you can use the tokens looted from mobs and received from turning in quests to buy catch-up lvl 252 gear at the vendor. Even better, all the tokens are account-wide allowing you to work on several characters and then move the currency as you see fit.

They did say they intend for this expansion to be more alt-friendly by making more things account-wide such as renown, reputations or dragon riding skills, so that's a direction I like for that at least, as someone with many characters.

Drachtyr still look dumb as fuck but I at least managed to make two that look almost heterosexual.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"During your journey, which should take you around 8 hours." So apparently, the MSQ is short, not enough to level to max, and you have to fill your bar with random side stuff.

Eh. "I play for the story", indeed.
Yar, I guess that means the that you can run a few dungeons while leveling, in order to skip some side "fill the bar" bullshit. You will just miss the rep they give, and it sounds like rep gives a decent amount of stuff... so you want to do almost all the side quests.

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Yar, I guess that means the that you can run a few dungeons while leveling, in order to skip some side "fill the bar" bullshit. You will just miss the rep they give, and it sounds like rep gives a decent amount of stuff... so you want to do almost all the side quests.
So the side quests are not really side quests, they're random filler.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does this mean anything ?

Blizzard have announced that they will be suspending "most Blizzard game services in mainland China", as they did not renew their licensing agreement with NetEase. This includes World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, Warcraft III: Reforged, Overwatch, the StarCraft series, Diablo III, and Heroes of the Storm.

Inc gold farmer from Vietnam ?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I leveled a character to max in the expansion not even a week ago. "The first one, main quests will be far, far from enough." That's relevant if you are seriously doing the only fucking quest in the entire camp of quests available to you at each hub. WoW has never been like Final Fantasy and this same "problem" has came up in BFA and SL's. Dont blow it out of proportion, cause if you're just playing the game like a normal person - you wont even notice it. Of course there is an optimal route to take if you follow some guide, Im sure. But generally, there wasnt many pain in the ass quests. Respawn on mobs and item objects in the world is fairly quick (you'll still want to be ahead of the pack) and like Burns Burns said - you'll want to do these quests anyways.

Blizzard have announced that they will be suspending "most Blizzard game services in mainland China", as they did not renew their licensing agreement with NetEase. This includes World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, Warcraft III: Reforged, Overwatch, the StarCraft series, Diablo III, and Heroes of the Storm.

If I had to take an uninformed guess - It looks as though Netease made this decision? But at the same time, this could be directly related to the Microsoft acquisition.

In a statement, NetEase CEO William Ding said Blizzard and NetEase had “material differences on key terms” in deal negotiations. “We are honored to have had the privilege of serving our gamers over the past 14 years and have shared many precious moments with them during that time,” Ding said.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider

Interesting that Diablo Immortal isn't in that list?

Chris

Potato del Grande
I remember that someone at NetEase made a pro Hong Kong statement or something a while ago which caused the CCP to block Diablo Immortal's China release?

Am I remembering this right?

Juvarisx

Florida

Its a separate deal apparently.
I remember that someone at NetEase made a pro Hong Kong statement or something a while ago which caused the CCP to block Diablo Immortal's China release?

Am I remembering this right?

You are remembering right, but it launched quietly in July and mentions of it are still banned (or were on Weibo)

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Unless I’m mistaken, this is World of Warcraft shutting down in those regions. Those peoples accounts, being sealed? They will lose access to their characters forever potentially.

I don’t see a backup plan. This seems sudden as hell.

Netease put out an updated press release I’m too lazy to link. Game services close on January 23rd, 2023. This is huge unless I’m misreading. I feel bad for those players man.

I mean, I’m pretty sure people would kill themselves if they lost their wow characters forever right?

edit: NetEase's Response to Suspending Game Services in China - MMO-Champion

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I mean, I’m pretty sure people would kill themselves if they lost their wow characters forever right?
Anyone who would kill themselves over losing their MMO account is doing the world a favor.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
So I made a dracthyr evoker (named Trakanon because of fucking course I'm gonna) and played through their starting zone, here's my report for those who may be interested.

- Class feels a little like Demon Hunters but less mobile so far, though there's a few draconic abilities that provide some intesting mobility. Feels a bit too powerful in some regards but I don't do any competitive content so what the fuck do I know.
- Starting zone was OK, it's about 1 hour and some of content to blow through, nothing difficult and no grouping required to do anything even killing elites.
- Even if you aren't interested in playing an evoker, you get some cool transmogs and 8 mounts from the drachtyr starting zone, so you may want to go through it at least once.
- Dracthyrs start at 58 but by the time you're out of the zone you'll be 60 already so there's no leveling to do after that until Dragonflight releases.

Here's a few screenshots below, I had some fun with Soar, the drachtyr flying ability, the mechanics are simple and fun so far. It also feels pretty fast because you can gain momentum up to 540% flight speed if you use the terrain to your advantage. Visage appearances are an abomination but you can tone it down by wearing a full face helmet easily, I went with an undead rotting theme for Trakanon's visage appearance for armor, and dark spiky armor on his draconic form, I find that some of the armor options (that are done at the barber shop not actual mogs except belt and shoulders) reduce the scrawny look of the draconic forms somewhat, but I still wish there was a more buff body option.

EvokerShots.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So, is there any sort of consensus on what they're changing in Dragonflight? Good? Bad? Or is everyone just raging at tranny dragons?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was anyone expecting otherwise? Are not all hero classes pretty OP on their inception? It's a shame its race locked. Could of still locked it behind the expansion buy and open to caster races(which are all now I guess).

Honestly the talent trees and some UI stuff seems the good overall changes. Also race/class combo are opened a lot more iirc. And seemingly no more additional powers, see if that holds true. Otherwise, I expect more of the same. Which means I will get 2-3 weeks of bnet cash out of it before I get bored. It's a bit disappointing, I enjoyed the dragon lore years and years ago, I even remember reading some books about it, with krasus/rhonin and such. But this story just isn't interesting at all, thank god for instant quest accept and turn in :p.