World of Warcraft: Current Year

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Yeah I can't recall ever getting any "blips" or whatever the technical term is. The game is definitely MUCH "smoother" than other games.

bayr_sl

shitlord
WoW chugged when I was using a radeon 9500 pro and had 128mb of ram. Fucking Alliance could always catch up to me because I hitched every 10-15 seconds when running and so I gradually got outpaced in our raids of low level alliance zones

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Not that I care, nor do I even like alliance but,

our raids of low level alliance zones
We got a badass over here.
tongue.png

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have an i7-4770k OC'd to 4.8 Ghz and a 780 Ti OC'd. You do not get 60 FPS in town unless you live on a low pop server. Raiding? Sure, no problem. But if you go into town and there is anymore that 50+ people I'd love to see you maintaining 60 FPS.
There are no hordes of people on my server, sorry. It has become a shell of what it used to be (and I had a worse rig at the time it was packed full). So yeah, it's very likely that you're right, but I can't test it. For all the games I play, the extremely rare occurences of graphics trying to catch up are not in WoW, more in SWtoR, but that's the engine splurting. In D3 for example I haven't any fps drop in 3 ppl games, while Landmark runs on average around 35-45, but since it's early beta maybe it's not optimized yet.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Yeah that makes sense. Anytime I'm on a server with low pop I stay above 60 with absolutely no problem. Stormwind/Vale even on my computer in Korgath rapes it's FPS though. BF4 is even smooth as hell now after the beta drivers were updated - or at least a shitload better than what they used to be.

Looks like we'll have 8 dungeons for level 100 at release:
eightDungeons.png

Flight

Molten Core Raider
WoD will turn it around for WoW.

Housing.

Seriously. (Not necessarily turn it around in the way that will appeal to a lot of our community.)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I thought they said there was only 5 dungeons back at Blizzcon? Because were were all wtf about the ever shrinking number of dungeons to get tired of within two weeks of release.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Maybe they'll say adding the new dungeons is what made WoD take months longer to develop than any other expansion?

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
8 is decent I guess, and leaves the door open for more as the expac progresses. Previous expansions have ended up with close to double that number. I wouldn't mind seeing an extra tier or two of dungeons as patches are released to keep at least some of the 5-man content current a bit further into the cycle.

DavivMcD

Peasant
So when they say there are 8 level 100 dungeons, do they mean on heroic or normal? As I recall, they wanted to have more options for non-heroic dungeons at 100, which would gear you up for LFR, while heroic dungeons would gear you for normal raiding. 8 non-heroic dungeons at cap would be a precedent not seen since BC. LK had 4, while Cata and Pandaria had only 3. Gearing up in regular before heroic really only happened in BC and Cata, but man did that suck if you didn't have friends or guildies.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So when they say there are 8 level 100 dungeons, do they mean on heroic or normal? As I recall, they wanted to have more options for non-heroic dungeons at 100, which would gear you up for LFR, while heroic dungeons would gear you for normal raiding. 8 non-heroic dungeons at cap would be a precedent not seen since BC. LK had 4, while Cata and Pandaria had only 3. Gearing up in regular before heroic really only happened in BC and Cata, but man did that suck if you didn't have friends or guildies.
I hope it's 8 without including heroics ( so 16).

5 Mans really rock if they are difficult and well done. Granted they need to have good drops also. BC did it almost perfectly, I spent months doing them including spending 40+ hours before my first successful run of the Orc one with the two headed orge of random aggro boss. IMO make tough Heroics with shit superior to LFR and even Flex on the hardest ones.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
They say that only "some" are max level normal, some are for leveling up. All 8 have heroic versions.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
That was the only thing I really disliked over the course of MOP: if you leveled your chars via dungeons, you basically played Brewery and Temple from 85 - 86 and Mogu'shan and Shado Pan 87-90 (sometimes a scarlet monastery if you are lucky). That was boring after the second twink. Also the loot table of the normal versions lacked a lot of pieces for the different specs.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I wanted to absolutely gouge my eyes out when MOP was released while we were grinding Brewery/Temple. The same fucking thing. Over. And over. And over. And over.

Then again we could have just quested but the butt-fuckery of dealing with 3000 other idiots all clamoring for the same quest mob/item/drop/etc didn't really appeal and the dungeon grind was faster.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The thing is they used dynamic phasing to the extent that there really wasn't the kind of massive competition for quest mobs that you might otherwise have thought. I quested the whole way with my mage at launch and never really felt cramped nor completely isolated. The bigger issue was the application of crowding for the daily quests for faction at max level, but that was a whole seperate sort of fuckery that they did not think out (and which they later fixed for Thunder and Timeless Isles)

DavivMcD

Peasant
Except for the very first 2-3 quests for alliance where you hopped in a gyrocopter and had a retarded turret sequence, made all the more retarded when there was literally a solid line stretching for miles of all the players in gyrocopters doing the quest. Oh and only 1 person could get flagged for completion of destroying the target boat every ~5-10 sec.

I hope to fucking Christ they know how fucked up that was and that it really, really should have been phased the instant it ever hit testing to begin with.