World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would have to assume given garrisons are going to be the big feature of this expansion that as the expansion goes on there likely will be another tier or more building options added. It depends how long the expansion drags on if it drags for an extra year like the last one you may even see tier 5.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
All of my hunter pets are named after pussy. Never even gotten a comment, because who ever notices pet names?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
If anyone on alliance is looking for dps for Flexes I'm always down. Char/tag in sig. Would like to kill Garrosh on the reg till WoD drops.

Needless

Toe Sucker
All of my hunter pets are named after pussy. Never even gotten a comment, because who ever notices pet names?
Pretty sure my Hunter's pets is named after dicks too... then again, his name is also "Pnas" lol

I'm finally looking into how Professions will be in WoD, I dropped all my gathering professions on all my characters.. now i need to go back and level up at least 1 miner now.. blarghhhh

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I love terrible names, and they should never be forced to change or remove them. They tell me instantly who not to invite to group. Got tildes, accents, and ampersands? Rape featured prominently? Sweet, auto-filtering.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
What on earth is causing a periodic proc of Rune of Power on my Mage that drops a small blue circle on the ground that grants 100% crit chance when I stand in it? Is this some level 100 perk that doesn't show up or something? Maybe a Nagrand bonus, but I thought I saw it happen in another zone as well. I triple checked my gear and my abilities page and I just do not see what causes this...

Note this is separate from the cast Runes of Power talent that creates a much bigger circle of 15% increased damage.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
You don't have any time to waste. You'd have to be pretty unlucky to not get it before nov 13 if you put maximum effort in.
What has changed about cloak quest? I believe I'm on the valor step with my warrior. Is it worth finishing it if I don't plan to put in maximum effort before November? I'm pretty casual and don't see playing much until the new models or at the very least ability changes come in with the pre-patch. Which I heard is seeding but not yet live. Vague question is vague I know. Sorry!

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
What on earth is causing a periodic proc of Rune of Power on my Mage that drops a small blue circle on the ground that grants 100% crit chance when I stand in it? Is this some level 100 perk that doesn't show up or something? Maybe a Nagrand bonus, but I thought I saw it happen in another zone as well. I triple checked my gear and my abilities page and I just do not see what causes this...

Note this is separate from the cast Runes of Power talent that creates a much bigger circle of 15% increased damage.
Oh god...rune of power still exists in WoD?
frown.png

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The only thing I'll miss about my mage is having an enchanter/tailor bitch. Buying up cheap mats every now and then is a steady trickle of effortless gold.

Finally got my Warbow from oqueue normal mode pugging. Winding up at #1 in damage despite doing siege engineers tickles my pickle.

EDIT: I think I read somewhere that you can swap character names for free? I'm a little sad that "Kreugen" is an unguilded mule standing in the silken fields.

Needless

Toe Sucker

It could be a mob casting it? I know there are some mogu'shan mobs on the isle of thunder that put blue circles on the ground which gave 100% crit. Could be a similar thing?

EDIT: I think I read somewhere that you can swap character names for free? I'm a little sad that "Kreugen" is an unguilded mule standing in the silken fields.
I got them to do it, just join their support chat and ask them to do it. It took like 5 minutes including wait time for me to get it all done, just tell them which characters you want to swap names with.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If you have a Mage Tower/Spirit Lodge in your garrison it will periodically summon those circles near you while you are fighting in Draenor.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Oh! Well goddamn having periodic 100% crit chance is pretty damn useful considering how often it procs and that it lasts quite a while. Yeah Runes of Power still exists in WoD, its a talent choice and while most people will probably choose Mirror Image at that level, I always liked the consistency of a 15% increase when standing in it.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Also, portal directly to Highmaul to save you from wanting to punch people at raid time.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, it only spawns the circles in the over-world. Kind of like the body-guard from the other building.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm pretty unfamiliar with the garrison/followers... however i have a question for one that might know:

It seems that followers can do gathering professions via the mine for example.. is that a viable means for ore? can you level like 6 characters to 92, with mine followers and get a shit load of materials? or do you need to send them on the missions all the time to make that viable?

I just don't want to drop insc or enchanting on my mage for mining
frown.png

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Were they smart this time and garrison stuff accumulates on its own if you aren't constantly updating it? ie planting your goddamn garden every goddamn day.

There has to be a balance between the incentive to visit your garrison vs "holy fuck why do I have to do this shit five times a day every day"

Where I'm going with this is back to the old argument of "once a day bonus, if you miss a day too bad" vs "bonus dungeons/bgs/dailies accumulate up to a maximum of X at a rate of one per day to better accommodate real-word schedules" that legions of people unsuccessfully argued with Ghostcrawler over.

I assume it's just wishful thinking that they went with the latter this time around. They want people playing every day with a gun to their heads.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can you decorate the garrisons? Also, can you place items on walls or the ground like in DAoC? It really would be a nice way of dealing with quest items(The ones with clickie effects and such) that just take up bank space.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You get enough materials from your followers to support occasional crafting, but not enough to support continuous use. Ore/Herbs per recipe are up over previous expansions to compensate for the fact that everyone has herb/ore income.

It is still extremely helpful to have a Mining/Herbalism character. And mining/herbalism will still make silly money opening weeks, since the herb/ore requirements to level/start making intro gear way outstrip what your garrison naturally generates.