World of Warcraft: Current Year

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fully implemented housing with some form of putting gear and armor on display. Believe it!
Sure. Right after the dance studio, character models, and flying mount combat.

Though, character housing isn't content. "Ooooh and this is the tier 8 armor the great Gurgthock wore as he aided in vanquishing the Lucid Dream!" "Yeah bro, got same shit at home in blue from our retard run"

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Housing in a game like this is wasted time and resources. Who the fuck, other than your wife or GF, is gonna visit your shitty house anyways?

How bout adding some actual content that players will actually use, like more dungeons or raids?

I can count on one hand how many world pvp encounters I've had since cata. Of course it might stem from the fact that there are no alliance on Illidan :p
For anyone that likes world PVP check out Bleeding Hollow. It is high-pop EST and has relatively balanced factions. Half Hill has a carpet of skeletons 24/7.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The only "world pvp" I ever encountered in my last playthrough in WoW was lv 90s ganking lowbies over and over. Then a lv 90 of our faction showed up and all world pvp stopped.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Housing in a game like this is wasted time and resources. Who the fuck, other than your wife or GF, is gonna visit your shitty house anyways?
Nobody.

But as long as you invest time (and thus, subs) to fill it, it does serve it's purpose as much as the LFR gear that no one cares about anyway either since it's going to be obsolete in 3 months.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
The hilarity is Klaxxi has some blue shit at Exalted that nobody on the planet has probably ever purchased.
I bought the sword. It's iLvl 463 if I remember correctly. My guild needed a tank one night and I normally play a holy/ret paladin but I quickly swapped over to prot to fill in. My ret gear was good enough to tank in and we had plenty of the BS shields laying around but for weapon it was either use my 1h healing mace, have one of the BS try to farm up enough motes to make me a weapon, run a few heroics and see if I could win one, or just buy that Klaxxi piece of shit. I chose Klaxxi piece of shit.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Nobody.

But as long as you invest time (and thus, subs) to fill it, it does serve it's purpose as much as the LFR gear that no one cares about anyway either since it's going to be obsolete in 3 months.
Nobody cares about it the last 2 weeks before a patch, but right after a patch that LFR gear is probably the most cared about thing in the game.

Bizazedo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nobody.

It's funny reading the thread here and then reading a thread elsewhere where mostly casuals post (and whom still aren't even 480 ilvl'd, don't raid, believe 1000 VP in a week is close to impossible, and believe Blizzard is FAR too stingy on loot drops) just for the polar opposite factor.

I blame you all for making me hate them. (thank you
smile.png
).

Needless

Toe Sucker
Im a bit confused by part of the 5.2 patch regarding Blacksmithing.

For blacksmiths who have lapsed in their trade (i.e., haven't practiced blacksmithing since the Burning Crusade), there is a (not necessarily cost efficient) way to catch-up. Blacksmiths at your faction's shrines in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms will be able to teach you training plans for crafting common household items using Ghost Iron.
So this is like a Blacksmithing PLing method like they added for cooking in MoP? I was just leveling BSing legitimately on my new rogue i made yesterday but.. if i can avoid farming 800 thorium then, i'll definitely wait a day.

Nvm just found info on it.. damn thats sick :O I'll just farm ghost iron instead for when i hit 85 on him.
http://www.wowhead.com/news=210415/5...-megaera-video

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ghost iron and trillium are going to be worth a lot more come 5.2. At part of the legendary quest, you need 40 bars of trillium for one stage of it.

I have not played in years, and never had a character above 20. I am a very casual player, and thinking about starting up WoW again for something to play. Would it be good to start up again now? And if I did, is there a server where you guys are all playing on?
Save your money, your time, and your patience. Current WoW is so banal, so unimaginative it's agonizing. I wish I never wasted those 2 weeks I came back for.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Ya playing in The Overthere as a level 32 bard was so much more fun than any of the shit WoW has to offer these days, amirite?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Nobody cares about it the last 2 weeks before a patch, but right after a patch that LFR gear is probably the most cared about thing in the game.
Yes. And 3 months down, no one does it. So, by the same token, the devs should spend their time making... what exactly?

Arguing that devs shouldn't do housing because "no one will care" (after a flurry of activity when the feature is introduced) is not a valid point because the raids and dungeons that the original responder was asking for are exactly the same thing. When you add a raid or dungeon, there's a flurry of activity, then it settles down, then 3 months later, no one cares about your "best in slot" gear. Not even you.

WoW is built around kleenex content. Nothing in the game lasts more than 2-3 months of interest. Which makes housing a perfect content for WoW. In fact, housing would probably last longer than any raid or dungeon. Granted, no one outside of you would care about your house, but no one outside of you cares about your LFR gear from 5.0.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
Actually right after a patch come out no one cares about current LFR because it doesn't open for a week. Past LFR does get more attractive though with enhanced drop rates.

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
5.0 LFR raids are definitely still going to be busy for a while. There's a bunch of drops that STILL haven't dropped for me, and I haven't given enough of a shit to get revered with a lot of factions, so I'm still not quite at the required ilvl 480. Knowing that there's a far better chance I won't be getting more fucking gold from LFR certainly makes me want to fire up my main again and get grinding in LFR. The idea to add a bonus rep increase of your choice at the end of a random instance is also nice. As someone who hasn't read a thing about the PTR, I'm impressed by all the changes in this patch.