World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
ilvl is fucking annoying and always has been, but it's the easiest way to tell if someone is geared enough or not. I guess that's the price you pay for not already having a guild to do something with and ultimately die with.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I just started playing again about a month ago, certainly no more than 6 weeks. I had nothing more than a couple pieces of Ordos/Celestials gear when I came back. I farmed burdens of eternity, did all wings of flex and LFR every week and got my ilevel up to 555 by the second week I came back. At 555 I was able to get into fresh normals (though we didn't complete). I killed Garrosh at the end of the 4th week when my ilevel was 560 or so.

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is, you were either very unlucky, or it wasn't as much of a priority for you as you make it seem, because it was definitely possible to have just picked WoW back up again a month ago and gotten a Garrosh kill before today.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
fail raid after fail raid... fucking. I just want this fucking achievement.

fail raid after fail raid... fucking. I just want this fucking achievement.
Yeah, I punted on it after the 587th fail raid. Not worth it.

I wonder in WoD with flex becoming "normal" if progression acheives like this will be Heroic/Mythic only. It creates such a weird atmosphere of desperation and ilvl insanity.

Ultimately I just hope they don't let the power scaling get so out of hand again. It's fucking retarded how much more effective a 565 can be than a 555.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm in another group that seems competent, hoping I can get it handled.

Rime

<Donor>
Good luck on that, Ao-.

Shocked at how many guildies thought they could just come back today/hop on tonight after raid and expect to be carried/led through Gold CMs in the (then) 4 hours before 6.0 drops.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, I punted on it after the 587th fail raid. Not worth it.

I wonder in WoD with flex becoming "normal" if progression acheives like this will be Heroic/Mythic only. It creates such a weird atmosphere of desperation and ilvl insanity.

Ultimately I just hope they don't let the power scaling get so out of hand again. It's fucking retarded how much more effective a 565 can be than a 555.
This round the scaling was disgusting, but it's the product of a 125 difference in item levels from heroic dungeons blues to the last fully upgraded gearset. If I recall correctly the dps is about 10 to 12 times what's achievable in blue gear, then it varies depending on class and fight.
I can see all my alts in timeless gear or thereabout float between 60 and 80k dps and from there on it's a ramp up so stupidly fast it's depressing. It's like a totally different game.
If the stars align, this time I'll be able to play the xpack more regularly, so I'll make my own raids with a couple of friends and never again be subject to 100% pug stupidity. I read that the old normal, new heroic, will be scalable too, just like the old flex was, this would be amazing for me.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I want to know why ilevel annoys you.
It's not so much ilvl as it is how it's used, which I even posted, it's the easiest to tell who's geared or not. But I have on 3 different servers since gearscore was a thing been kicked from multiple groups for being like 5ilvl under the requirement because someone bitches about it. Despite almost always being top heals. That is what annoys me, and it's nothing to do with ilvl as it is with people. I played with a 570 shaman yesterday in SoO who kept breaking CC because "I do more damage when I AoE" yet they kick a mage for being 550 instead of 560+. It gets to a point where people ONLY look at ilvl and disregard everything else.

But hey it's whatever, if Ireallyhave a problem with it I should be starting my own raids, and while yes I will pay attention to ilvl, I will also kick a fucking retard even if he's higher ilvl than everyone else.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
But I have on 3 different servers since gearscore was a thing been kicked from multiple groups for being like 5ilvl under the requirement because someone bitches about it. Despite almost always being top heals. That is what annoys me, and it's nothing to do with ilvl as it is with people. I played with a 570 shaman yesterday in SoO who kept breaking CC because "I do more damage when I AoE" yet they kick a mage for being 550 instead of 560+. It gets to a point where people ONLY look at ilvl and disregard everything else.

But hey it's whatever, if Ireallyhave a problem with it I should be starting my own raids, and while yes I will pay attention to ilvl, I will also kick a fucking retard even if he's higher ilvl than everyone else.
Wtf. Stop joining shit for which you don't meet the requirements. 100 percent of ilvl complaints are from people too lazy to run their own parties and want other people to put the logistical effort in for no reward. You even admitted to this but that didn't curb your QQ post.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well in any reasonable situation there would be a fairly linear and altogether moderate increase is power as a function of ilevel. However players LIKE getting crazy powerful from upgrades and so keeping a pseudo exponential increase in power is a powerful market retention tool.

Requiring people to have an ilevel equal to or greater than that of the items which drop in the raid is just lunacy though.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I find that people that demand ilvls higher than the gear that drops just want a carry or face roll easy time. It's absolutely asinine.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Wtf. Stop joining shit for which you don't meet the requirements. 100 percent of ilvl complaints are from people too lazy to run their own parties and want other people to put the logistical effort in for no reward. You even admitted to this but that didn't curb your QQ post.
I'm.. not? I was just saying why I find ilvl annoying. I don't care, I've got my own tank and my own group going. I'm just stating how silly it can be when people specifically look at ilvl and nothing else, which is what the game has become. And that is totally fine, people can run their raids how they want.

Also, I'm kind of excited to do UBRS again today..

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Let me understand, because we euros can't see shit till tomorrow: they did a UBRS revamp and stopped to rend's arena instead of going to Drakkisath? Did they seal off the LBRS part with the usual lame closed door?

Bruman

Golden Squire
I'm.. not? I was just saying why I find ilvl annoying. I don't care, I've got my own tank and my own group going. I'm just stating how silly it can be when people specifically look at ilvl and nothing else, which is what the game has become. And that is totally fine, people can run their raids how they want.

Also, I'm kind of excited to do UBRS again today..
That is *not* what the game has become.

That is what pubbie groups, LFR, and other "the least amount of effort to see content" has become. And it's because everyone there, including you if you're in it, wants. No effort, just want to smash content and see drops. You don't want to spend effort learning a fight, working with a group, just a simple metric for pass/fail, and move on.

If you don't want to deal with the stupid shit like "your ilevel must be twice as high as the gear that drops here", you join a raiding guild. Sure, there's still the odd guild out there that'll only focus on ilevel, but most will look at the entire picture - why did you die, why did we die, if we did die, who is doing poorly on meters, then see if their ilevel is the problem (or is their rotation bad, etc).

Note that I'm actually not bashing LFR or shitty pubbie groups. That's what I'm living right now. I just accept it for what it is, because that's the entire point of it. If I want to get more serious, I'll rejoin a raiding guild (but with a baby due in a month, not gonna bother, hah).

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Good luck on that, Ao-.

Shocked at how many guildies thought they could just come back today/hop on tonight after raid and expect to be carried/led through Gold CMs in the (then) 4 hours before 6.0 drops.
Big strong nope. Went right up until ~8min to server shutdown and we wiped and called it. I even managed to drag Murr into the shitshow.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
It's not so much ilvl as it is how it's used, which I even posted, it's the easiest to tell who's geared or not. But I have on 3 different servers since gearscore was a thing been kicked from multiple groups for being like 5ilvl under the requirement because someone bitches about it.
It's because a great majority of the internet are gigantic fucking pieces of shit with no decency or even the balls to just be like 'hey man, we gotta drop you for X reason.' Mother fuckers in openraid/oq are some of the biggest limpdicked pieces of shit I've seen in games. That mask of anonymity & 0 repercussions for being a douche nozzle make playing the game unbearable a lot of the time.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I actually joined an oq troll raid once on Malk. The leaders were pulling like 100k and running circles around puddles, and kicking the best performers and giving weird reasons and talking nonsense. I'm guessing they were butthurt about being kicked from some other raid and were trying to make other people feel inadequate or something. Was very, very strange. I was a bit fascinated by it - I stuck around in raid chat while they just got weirder and weirder. It was one of the most juvenile things I've ever witnessed online. Then I one shot Garrosh and got a heirloom.

Here's to hoping survival is still able to perform on raids today. Sigh. Marks is only good for one thing - turret mode raid bosses. But if it's really 20-30% better than the other specs, even I can't ignore that.