World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got my free week... the WoD intro quest is really, really bad. Kill some orcs/ogres with very low health, click on some things, then kill some bosses which do no damage either but have high health so they take a while? Did they sack the guys who did the Pandaria patch content which was quite good quality?

I thought there would be a swathe of destruction from Blasted Lands through to Blackrock Spire. There really should have beeen some sort of Warcraft 1 style campaign leading up to the expansion.

Anything else to do other than UBRS again?

Spynx_sl

shitlord
The quests were just a teaser really. The full line wont be open until WoD launches. Also I am going to throw a wrench in the mix here and vote for illidan as a server! I have a 570 prot/ret paladin ready to tank whatever. cimo#1218

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The WoD intro quest series is on par with the intro zone content for the expansion. It is really bad, especially when compared to Jade Forest which was pretty nice despite having done it a bajillion times. I went to do the Jungles of Tanaan intro sequence on a second character and wanted to claw my eyes out.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
If you're Horde and interested in mythic raiding in WoD, a couple buddies and I are putting together a raid group. We stepped into Mythic for the first time as a guild last night (admittedly with a few carries) and killed the first 8 bosses in about 2.5 hours. We raid 8-11 PST Fri and 8:30-11:30 PST Sat nights. 6 hours total per week.

Apply on our site if interested. We're looking for another healer and 3-4 DPS.http://serverlast.enjin.com/recruitment

Why do all of you play Horde? Didn't you guys know to take the easy road when Fear Ward and Kings weren't available to you? Christ!

Anyone got an Alliance guild looking for a weekday, eastern time raider - Holy or Disc Priest, don't care which one. I quit halfway through Cataclysm, been back for a few weeks. Caught up to item level 520 but it's just gear...I think most people who post on a board like this have the history and mental capacity to not show up to raids and drool for 3 hours.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The WoD intro quest series is on par with the intro zone content for the expansion. It is really bad, especially when compared to Jade Forest which was pretty nice despite having done it a bajillion times. I went to do the Jungles of Tanaan intro sequence on a second character and wanted to claw my eyes out.
Yeah it seemed like back to Cataclysm quality when Mist of Pandaria was pretty awesome stuff. I thought everything was going to be like Timeless Isle!?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I've been on Black Dragonflight for a week and apparently only one person in FoH can invite and she's never on.

Or maybe you just want us to play on BDF but not necessarily join FoH?
Yeah, I'd move over to the other guild. I'm too cheap to server transfer.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The quest is literally the "moment" before the invasion ~ Not the brightest writing, but for not even 5 minutes of your time... its pretty appreciable. Some 550 items are in it, not to mention achievements. Just like BRD is open and has 550 items. (For those of you that still, at the end of this expansion, dont have a character above 560).

There seems to be a lot of people recruiting for guilds, but I wouldnt go overboard. If anything, wait till WoD comes out at least.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Someone let me know that I rustled their jimmies in flaming the intro quest. It's still fucking boring and awful, getting loot from it which is better than months of raiding actually makes it even worse for the game.

The last "invasion" was the wotlk intro event which was actually pretty similar to the siege of ogrimmar event they tested, so I'm convinced that they have no idea what the fuck they are doing with this game. Every patch is a test for a more interesting questing structure which they abandon and go back to boring, then years later they remember it before abandoning it again.

The Theramore patch was outstanding, why did they stop doing that!?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Theramore patch? .. and I really dont think it matters if 550's are easy to get at the moment. I think they are trying to find that "Balance" between rewarding raiders of the last tier, and content from the next expansion and thats it. Im still curious if WoD is going to be the expansion everyone claims its going to be and it "brings back tons of subscribers."

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
"brings back tons of subscribers."
Two thirds of my guild who unsubbed during MoP are coming back. Now, they might not stay for two years, but there's a sizeable contingent coming to try it and see the new story and how the new raid system works.

Rime

<Donor>
They get a big bump at the start of every expansion. Lots of people, both 'raiders' and 'casuals' let their subscriptions lapse when the end of the expansion drags on for over a year (14 months in SoO by the time WoD launches).

Chris

Potato del Grande
Theramore patch? .. and I really dont think it matters if 550's are easy to get at the moment. I think they are trying to find that "Balance" between rewarding raiders of the last tier, and content from the next expansion and thats it. Im still curious if WoD is going to be the expansion everyone claims its going to be and it "brings back tons of subscribers."
When the Horde blew it up and you followed Jainia's trail of revenge and Garrosh's hunt for more weapons, ending with the Alliance taking Dalaran. This took place over several weeks and was a mix of changing rep quests in Pandaria and one time only story quests. You got some decent gear at the end of each phase but nothing crazy.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Still not sold if this will be worth the re-sub or not, havent really seen anything to say yes or no really.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm PvPing and getting my characters ready for the expansion. It's just fun to play the game itself again for me.

Alpha

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I'm on Sargeras (Alliance) 90s - monk, war, lock, dk, and pally, all guildless... I'm down for some casual raiding if there's any forum guilds recruiting.

axeman_sl

shitlord
I think they're doing the right thing, focusing on quality content and logical gameplay again after years of over-designed bullshit. Crap like reforging and upgrading items was never fun, it just meant you had to do a bunch of extra work to prep your gear. Dailies were always a pathetic excuse for gameplay which only fools the idiots who think that a grind isn't a grind if they occasionally go and turn in a quest during the process, so they're at least giving us a grind that you can do on your own terms instead of being pigeonholed into one specific location and a limited amount of time per day. I think it'll feel more like a traditional MMORPG instead of the handholding guided tour of a theme park that it has become.