World of Warcraft: Current Year

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Why have I still not had an invasion at my garrison? The dude out front says it is immenent. I have been 100 for a while and Garrison is at level 3.

Did I need to do some world quest?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Why have I still not had an invasion at my garrison? The dude out front says it is immenent. I have been 100 for a while and Garrison is at level 3.

Did I need to do some world quest?
No idea. Mine has the quest mark to start the invasion, I just couldn't be bothered to do it yet.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah i had to talk to an NPC to start it, that would be annoying as hell if you got random garrison attacks while you're in the middle of a dungeon or something lol

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
You get a tank in nagrand (if you build the tankworks) for the entirety of the zone (98-100 leveling)
Terrible advice. Get the stable. You can summon a talbuk and engage in combat while riding it. It's 10,000 times better than the shitty tank.

Large Building: Barracks then Bunker

Medium: Lumber Mill, then Inn

Small: Profession, then Salvage Yard, then Profession

Reasoning

You want shit that improves your Garrison, then stuff that improves your Followers ASAP. High ilevel followers let you go on high ilevel missions which give you Timeless Isle style purples occasionally, and a chance at free Highmaul gear once a week.
Barracks

The barracks provides Benefit at Level 1 and Level 3, with a nice utility at level 2 that can give you some specific benefits, like Repair and Follower Mission assignment when in Draenor.

Level 1 bunker opens up a new mission type that awards higher follower XP, and more missions being availible.

Level 3 bunker allows you to have 5 more followers active. Normally you can only have 20 followers active, so a level 3 bunker gives you 25% more followers to do shit with.
Bunker

Level 2 bunker opens up work orders for garrison resources. The bunker eats resources at the same rate the Lumber Mill produces them. The bunker work orders seem to have around a 25-33% chance to reward follower upgrade items, and all work orders in general seem to have a chance at Apexis Crystals and Abrogator Stones (legendary ring quest items)

Level 3 bunker gives you one of your Seals of Fate (warforged seal for WoD) for free, a nice bonus.

Level 1 bunker is not very useful as it gives a chance at upgrading quest rewards, which won't be very strong as we have SoO gear.
Lumber Mill

Level 1 lumber mill opens up work orders for timber gained from chopping down trees

There doesn't seem to be much of a benefit to leveling lumber from 1 to 2, as 7 work orders takes 28 hours IRL to accomplish, harvesting larger trees lets you get more lumber quicker, but the choke point is the 4 hour work order, not harvesting.
Inn

The Inn will be one of your most important long term buildings.

At level 2, Once a week you can recruit a follower with 1 trait of your choosing.

Level 1 unlocks daily dungeon missions which can reward toys, and level 3 unlocks Treasure follower missions which have increased gold rewards.

Don't get the Storehouse Small building, it sounds like a good idea on paper (more work orders) but work orders take 4 hours IRL to complete, so just having a larger queue is worthless.
Salvage Yard

The salvage yard gives a chance at your followers giving you a crate of crap at the end of a mission. At level 2 and above these crates can start containing Follower Upgrade items, and at level 3 can even contain world drop BOEs

Vitality

HUSTLE
Idk man, being able to 2 shot mobs and loot them and turn in quests while inside a seige tank got me through nagrand in less than an hour and a half.

I just sat out in the talbuk fields and 2 shot pack after pack of beasts for soup bones and turned in a few hundred to get from 99.5 to 100 lol...

How is that talbuk better than aoe 2 shotting everything?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Idk man, being able to 2 shot mobs and loot them and turn in quests while inside a seige tank got me through nagrand in less than an hour and a half.

I just sat out in the talbuk fields and 2 shot pack after pack of beasts for soup bones and turned in a few hundred to get from 99.5 to 100 lol...

With stables it will be awesome, if you aren't getting the stables the tank is better.

Malkav

French Madman
Oh, by the way, fuck the GR cache in Nagrand where you need to use the fucking glider. Fuck them right in the ass. No way I'm bothering with that shit, I'd risk throwing my monitor through the window.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider

Well in 2 days when you have the gear and can 2 shot everything on your Talbuk, you're going to wonder why you're rolling around in a PoS tank that only has a use when you're leveling.

Also, you can gather while on it.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh, by the way, fuck the GR cache in Nagrand where you need to use the fucking glider. Fuck them right in the ass. No way I'm bothering with that shit, I'd risk throwing my monitor through the window.
When you run out of garrison resources you'll be sucking every goblins cock within 100 miles for their resource crates.

Malkav

French Madman
When you run out of garrison resources you'll be sucking every goblins cock within 100 miles for their resource crates.
Nah, I'm running Lumber Mill + Trading post. GR are coming well enough now that my garrison is lvl3. I can wait a few days to amass enough GR to upgrade my Barracks and War Mill to lvl2.

Libra_sl

shitlord
So I built an Inn (level 2) and I just hit 100 today but I have hardly any resources. I think I made the wrong decision and I should've built a Lumber Mill. Should I demo my Inn and start a Mill?

Malkav

French Madman
So I built an Inn (level 2) and I just hit 100 today but I have hardly any resources. I think I made the wrong decision and I should've built a Lumber Mill. Should I demo my Inn and start a Mill?
LM is 120 GR/day with work orders.
Trading Post is 180/day.
Between the two, the cache, and follower missions awarding GR, it should be coming well enough.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Scavenger followers are made of love. Also, fuck the exploiters that ruined Smuggling Runs for everyone else. I NEED ANOTHER HIT OF THOSE SWEET SWEET GARRISON RESOURCES, JIM.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Well in 2 days when you have the gear and can 2 shot everything on your Talbuk, you're going to wonder why you're rolling around in a PoS tank that only has a use when you're leveling.

Also, you can gather while on it.
I can gather in a sky golem my main man. Which I'll never do because having a gathering prof is aids.

Itzena_sl

shitlord

Mount is basically "Free, permanent 100% runspeed buff while in Nagrand".

Vitality

HUSTLE
Todays on the pooper profits

rrr_img_82669.jpg