World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You kill like 8500 mobs out in Gorgrond elite areas (The Pit/Everbloom). Less if you get a big group and kill all the bosses, and less still if you're smart and don't bother until you upgrade the building to rank 3.

Btw is that achievement account-wide? If I can unlock rank 3 trading post with three characters that have exalted rep with CoE it wouldn't be that bad.

(Actually, it would. There's no fucking way I'm ever doing a Timbermaw-style grind again, 20% bonus or otherwise. Anyone who thinks this is better than dailies is a goddamn lunatic.)

Vitality

HUSTLE
Fk it I'm just going to afk in one spot with my auto attack on and a warlock barracks follower see you guys in 5 days.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
TGlnFK8.jpg

God damnit I should of known rogue would blow

Vorph

What I'd like to know is why simc is still publishing Patchwerk sims on the front page...

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Affliction is now close enough to Destro that I might start gearing for Afflic instead. Always preferred it over Destro, but didn't want to spec for less dps.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
You know that's pretty sad for old school dps warriors when you see Glad so far ahead of fury/arms.
The biggest insult is how braindead the Arms rotation is, and how mind-numbingly painful Fury is to play when your crit is below 40%, while still doing subpar DPS. Doing DPS Gold as Fury was unbelievably frustrating. Some 30s waves I'd finish in 12s, then fail it the next time through when Bloodthirst didn't proc anything 5 times in a row.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
What I'd like to know is why simc is still publishing Patchwerk sims on the front page...
Because those are best case scenarios with 0 movement and 100% perfect rotation. Think about those with moving all over the place. A lot of those specs are going to bottom out. Blizzard always tells us not to pay attention to Patchwerk style sims but those sims matter.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
ret is going surprisingly decent for me so far. Ret AoE seems to have gone into the shitter (or I am not doing it right maybe) but in most heroics I easily top meters on boss fights. Haste is definitely still king and the new TV that you can use at range is fucking awesome.

I like prot too, but the lack of haste has the rotation feeling clunky right now. I feel like all my shit is either up or down all at once. I've been alternating between seraphim and holy shield at the lvl 100 tier and both work really well. The empowered seals thing is funky - though it can fill in some dead spots in the rotation and plus it gives you a little bit of that old school bard feeling. It works well on trash (weaving all three seals for the extra aoe, dot and healing) but I just don't see a compelling reason for it at the moment. Maybe it will help later on in dps race fights.

Vorph

I'll rephrase then: What I'd like to know is why simc is still publishing *ONLY* Patchwerk sims on the front page. Sure, ok, they matter. They just matter a lot less than a sim which at least tries to throw some movement, general chaos, and human error into the mix.

I've been using SimC for years, generating my own stat weights for use in Pawn for all my characters, and I have never once used a Patchwerk model to do it. Patchwerk sims are useful for looking at things in a vacuum, but that's not what people who go to SimC to have the sims done for them are looking for. I mean, just look at this page. One person complaining about rogues being low (honestly, there's a decent chance it's a legit complaint since melee classes often see the biggest drops from Patchwerk to a real fight) and another talking about their choice of warlock spec. If Affliction is close to Destro in a sim, then it's almost certainly equal or higher in reality, because DoTs. I would expect destro to have a drop similar to what moonkin does in actual fights. (Seriously, fuck Starfire.)

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Well right, that was my point -- If rogues are going to be that bad at PW style fights, I can only imagine how much worse it will be with actual chaos in the mix. From the reading I've done on the last few pages everyone puts Ret/MM/Glad/WW pretty high as well, which is what the sims are at least showing.

Edit: think I'm more disappointed at myself as Rogues usually seem to suck at the start of an expac then kinda go into godmode at the end. Was kinda hoping it would be different but eh, who was I kidding.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Happy to see where SP is on those rankings. CoP too which i like more than regular dot spec.

Vorph

Speaking of moonkin... I loved it in Cataclysm, but hate everything about it now. I've never liked feral much either, and based on what I've read the cat 'rotation' is as shitty as ever and the one interesting addition (Shirvallah form) in WoD is a dps loss. My druid is resto as main spec, but I'm wondering if it's viable to have guardian as secondary and have similar results as I see with my DK. By that I mean my DK is a tank and I never leave blood spec for any reason short of joining a dungeon group that already has a tank. Quests and leveling: Blood. Dailies: Blood. Soloing elites and farming cages: Blood. Can a bear do that just as well or do you really need a dps spec if you want to do apexis dailies and the other L100 outdoor content solo in a reasonable amount of time?

Bruman

Golden Squire
TGlnFK8.jpg

God damnit I should of known rogue would blow
So now the only worthwhile Shadow spec is the one that makes them not play how Shadow has played for 10 years, lawl.

(Yes, I know, Patchwork style sims have questionable usage, etc etc)

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Well right, that was my point -- If rogues are going to be that bad at PW style fights, I can only imagine how much worse it will be with actual chaos in the mix. From the reading I've done on the last few pages everyone puts Ret/MM/Glad/WW pretty high as well, which is what the sims are at least showing.

Edit: think I'm more disappointed at myself as Rogues usually seem to suck at the start of an expac then kinda go into godmode at the end. Was kinda hoping it would be different but eh, who was I kidding.
My rogue is iLvl 634(?) and I was a little discouraged at first, but as I am getting more geared it feels a lot better. I am rarely top dps in a group unless I seriously outgear everyone, but generally speaking I am competitive and any given fight. Considering how strong our survivability cooldowns are it is feeling if not great, passable. That is as combat btw, Assassination pulled similar numbers pre heroic gearing, but i don't have the weapons right now to confirm how it is with my current set up.

That being said, I got my druid to 100 and being ungeared my Feral can pull numbers that aren't far behind my Rogue.