World of Warcraft: Current Year

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
PUGGing raids in this expac has been kind of funny for me. I've been up to Imp several times, but then shit like this happens. Using the LFG tool, I get in a group at Ko'Ragh, first thing that is said is, "cn u sok?" So I say, "what?" Immediate kick from raid group. I couldn't help but laugh. After thinking about it, I can only imagine he was referring to the shield mechanic and didn't spell soak. But DPS were always doing that whenever I've killed Ko.

Chris

Potato del Grande
LFG =! LFR. There is a built in group finder system for you to use if you can't be bothered to log in as little as once a week at a set time to play for a set time in order to slay appropriately difficult dragons with a guild of other players who also want to slay appropriately difficult dragons. In the same place you queued up for the LFR you can select "Premade Groups" and navigate to a tab called "Raids - Warlords of Draenor" and select a dragonslaying group of appropriate difficulty to raid with after you have logged in at your convenience.

You obviously haven't put any effort into finding a solution yet you've come here to complain, ignoring what should be blatantly obvious answers to your problems and woe unto me for expecting you to be able to plan around 1-2 raids a week to scratch your dragonslaying itch.
I tried the LFG and it was a clusterfuck, as I said maybe I need to explore that more since I just assumed it was a waste of time.

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
LFG has been bad for me.... constant ninjas pretty much every time... thanks blizzard for ruining personal loot! I'm a little salty cause i just lost a 676 belt to a raid leader ninja..but really dont understand why they went from personal loot being too good to completely useless in 1 hot fix

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
As long as you get them to state loot rules in advance I think they will take action against ninjas so you could try that. Whats wrong with personal loot anyway? It's far more random than group loot ya but are the actual stats out that say you get less drops from personal? Personal loot in dungeons is like 2x what the group loot is because people couldn't deal with the RNG making it seem like there was less loot, I think in raids maybe that is what is going on.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Just joined the MC LFR for the first time. Wow, what a cluster.

Granted, it seems like most of it is one guy who is intentionally trolling and keeps pulling extras. But still.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Unlike in dungeons, personal loot in a raid apparently guarantees you nothing(my first Kargath kill resulted in 0 loot from anything but bonus rolls for my group) and other loot options equate to 1 piece per 5. Personal loot rng can be awesome(25 man butcher kill giving 6 pieces) but in general its been dogshit. It always feels good to down a boss and that one guy gets his second pair of gloves he doesn't need while everyone else gets nothing.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
I don't know about the server itself but the guild is 6/7 normal AND 5/7 heroic probably 7/7 normal and 6/7 heroic tomorrow, at least this weekend.
I started a druid up earlier today my time on hyjal, he's at 58 atm. I'll probably not be on for the next 18-24 hours but when I get back on, who should I ask to join up?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I started a druid up earlier today my time on hyjal, he's at 58 atm. I'll probably not be on for the next 18-24 hours but when I get back on, who should I ask to join up?
Any person in guild at all can invite and remind them to promote you once so you can speak in guild chat.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I joined the RR guild and don't intend to raid much, so they'll probably let anyone in
smile.png

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Unlike in dungeons, personal loot in a raid apparently guarantees you nothing(my first Kargath kill resulted in 0 loot from anything but bonus rolls for my group) and other loot options equate to 1 piece per 5. Personal loot rng can be awesome(25 man butcher kill giving 6 pieces) but in general its been dogshit. It always feels good to down a boss and that one guy gets his second pair of gloves he doesn't need while everyone else gets nothing.
Personal loot is 20% chance to get something per player. That means if you 10-man a boss it's a ~10% chance for nobody to get anything.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
The only change they should make maybe is to make it so personal loot is tradeable in the raid like group loot is. Otherwise both systems give 1 in 5 players an item, but group lets you put it where it needs to go which is a big advantage that would be addressed by allowing the loot to be traded.

Bain

The problem with personal loot is that it is a chance per person, but even if every person has a 20% chance five players doesn't force an item to drop.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
The problem with personal loot is that it is a chance per person, but even if every person has a 20% chance five players doesn't force an item to drop.
I suppose they could change it so that every player has a 20 percent chance at loot but that each boss on personal loot drops 1 item per 5 players and then the game rolls and selects which of those 5 players actually gets an item. So that with 10 players on personal loot 2 players always get loot, no more, no less. But really it seems like a ton of work for blizz to correct for peoples retarded inability to do math and understand that personal loot is just more RNG.

I stand by saying that the only change that makes sense is making the loot from personal loot tradeable within the raid so that there is less wasted loot, which is currently an unfair advantage that group loot enjoys.

Bain

Being able to trade loot would be handy but I still wouldn't use personal loot until I was guaranteed loot drops relative to the number of players in the raid just like group loot.

Edit: I just wouldn't use personal loot. Never mind all that.

Silence_sl

shitlord
All the dungeon loot from every expac other than the current one should be BOA, not Soulbound. Building an alt army would be fun, then.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It certainly would make trying to farm xmogs a hell of a lot less gay. I go to Ulduar on my DK, I get the mail set I want for my hunter, then the fucking hunter gets nothing but plate the whole way through.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Being able to trade loot would be handy but I still wouldn't use personal loot until I was guaranteed loot drops relative to the number of players in the raid just like group loot.

Edit: I just wouldn't use personal loot. Never mind all that.
I would use personal loot if I had a single pug this way. We are done with personal loot though in the forum guild. I would love to do master loot but I don't need the drama or the headache in the slightest. That would be a full time job. We just set to group loot and roll publicly like retards now.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It certainly would make trying to farm xmogs a hell of a lot less gay.
They should bite the bullet and move to GW2's transmog system. Each time you get an item in bound form (if it's BOE, you need to bind it first), it unlocks that skin account-wide. You then pay transmog as usual from any valid unlocked skin. Problem solved.

(you might need to rework slightly the transmog UI)

Think of the sheer amount of achievements you could add for this!

wanand

Low number raiding 10-12 is the new Mystic!! Okay maybe not that hard but honestly the scaling system just flat out don't work for low numbers. it is far easier to pug N/H with big numbers then it is to do run Highmaul with 10 people. Not even a DPS/HPS issue as I can promise you the dps in the 10 man group will out DPS/Heal everyone in the PUG but where the mechanics effect the same number of people no matter the raid size, the fights just become so much harder.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Low number raiding 10-12 is the new Mystic!! Okay maybe not that hard but honestly the scaling system just flat out don't work for low numbers. it is far easier to pug N/H with big numbers then it is to do run Highmaul with 10 people. Not even a DPS/HPS issue as I can promise you the dps in the 10 man group will out DPS/Heal everyone in the PUG but where the mechanics effect the same number of people no matter the raid size, the fights just become so much harder.
I was thinking about that last night during Brack. DPS assigned to Brack take a DPS hit... which would be substantially mitigated in a 30 man raid compared to a 10 man (where essentially 40 percent of your DPS are tasked with flamethrowers).