World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vitality

HUSTLE
SW:TOR had some pretty interesting raid fights where you had to solve a puzzle during waves of adds and another where each member of the raid had to 1v1 a particularly challenging set of mobs or the whole raid wiped.

The opposite extreme is GW:2 where you were just on cannons the entire fight shooting a dragon...

WoW has always been the foster parents of kids who require an abundance of accessibility. Just look at what a joke LFR is.

IMO I think we need a guild wide garrison with guild wide garrison battles and progress meters and all that. Also possibly guild vs guild garrison battles.

I'd like some our raid progress to reflect on the guild garrison as a whole, I'd also like to pump my resources into a sharable space for everyone.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
My argument is why does every fight have to be a tank grabbing aggro, healers focusing on keeping the tank alive while DPS tries to take as little damage as possible. There are some encounters which lack a threat table but for the most part they're not very well thought out. More like "This guy will cast a fireball on whoever" and they can't function on a wide scale because not everyone can keep themselves alive or mitigate damage. It is probably completely out of scope at all for WoW to ever move to a role-less game but I could conceive some MMO where threat tables are either non existant or function very differently than MMOs today. All classes have some form of self preservation, self sustain and damage. Maybe make it so threat tables are there but you can never shower threat onto a target. It is intended to be bounced around but it could be bounced around in a somewhat controlled manner.
One of the reasons is mainly if you have tanks and healers at all and if they are every capable of healing/tanking anything it becomes hard to balance a fight for raid tank levels of healing and the damage necessary to threaten them to allow fights not using tanks as nobody but tanks can really survive more than a hit or two.

GW2 is pretty much setup this way and the dungeon running is really really annoying due to it. Basically you wind up with 5 glass cannon builds derping around like crazed lemmings because NPC have no agro table to speak of, nobody can make the creature pay any attention to them when they want to so you always have to assume its coming for you next. It winds up feeling really terrible in practice and if you played yakkety sax during any dungeon fight in GW2 it would sound very appropriate.

The problem is if the only real role is DPS than it pretty much devolves into everybody trying to do the most damage possible so you wind up with everybody going total glass cannon max damage cannot take a hit and its just ugly.

I liked rift's take on it let any main archtype have a tank option and make it easy enough to swap on the fly so if a fight needs 8 tanks you can do it or if it needs zero tanks you can do that too on the fly without any problems. The downside with that is its hard to build an attachment to a character like that which is just a total swiss army knife. This is actually one of my fears with eqnext as well which seems to be going this route.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Haven't there been a few raids sprinkled throughout that have kinda of forgone the mechanics? I thought I remember tanking something in maybe WoTLK on my mage? Just need more fights like that IMO but then it still comes down to the same difference, 1 person tanking, rest healing, etc.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Haven't there been a few raids sprinkled throughout that have kinda of forgone the mechanics? I thought I remember tanking something in maybe WoTLK on my mage? Just need more fights like that IMO but then it still comes down to the same difference, 1 person tanking, rest healing, etc.
Nope it's tank and spank with agro swaps and varying degrees of boss movement.

sebur

Bronze Squire
You know what the more I think about it I think I am thinking of Gruul's lair in TBC I think one of the fights in there you spellstole a shield or something like that.

-edit- noodle beat me to it.

Vitality

HUSTLE
You know what the more I think about it I think I am thinking of Gruul's lair in TBC I think one of the fights in there you spellstole a shield or something like that.

-edit- noodle beat me to it.
I think Blizz sent that raid dev team over to hearthstone.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I can't tell if the Icy Talons change went live or not. My tool tip is still saying only a gain of 5% haste from all sources, and honestly even with the other haste change I don't feel my haste all that much higher (at least nothing that noticable) after I checked today.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hotfixes are live, tooltips never get updated until there's a client patch.

Also, the usual round of undocumented shit:
Unholy
Festering Strike's damage has been increased by 28%.
Scourge Strike's damage has been increased by 28%.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>

Unholy
any other classes get those?

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Krassus was holding out during his FF14 days, then. All I ever heard come out of his mouth was "I got abs, bro." =p Nunca hablaba palabras en espa?ol.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Ok so I've played a druid to 25 and a lock to 25. the lock is pretty fun as a demo. Spell rotation seems small which is cool.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Unholy
This tooltips need an actual update to take effect like the 6.1 the changes are live.