World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I stumbled upon reddit.com/r/warcraftlore and read the entire old summary of the lore that Vanilla was based on. I must say - whaaaaat the hell, there's so much potential there that they haven't built upon, and instead they keep just adding "new" things. I'd love some actual focus on the various human kingdoms - who's the rightful heir to Lordaeron now, Princess Calia? What of the human clans - why is Danath Trollbane still chilling in Honor Hold? And what about the dwarves, when will we see the Bronzebeard bros reunite?

It really feels like the focus is, as usual, on horde. I play horde on all my characters so I get to partake in it, but I wish there was some incentive to play alliance as well. Much as I really enjoy MoP, I feel like all the new lore is worse than if they had just continued to expand on the old world. It's stupid that they added so much new stuff in cataclysm, when all of it is for low leveling characters
if you're looking for good lore, modern warcraft is the last place you wanna be. warcraft 2 and vanilla wow were pretty good, but after that it's been a complete and utter shit fest starting with the dranei/blood elf outer space hilarity. it's so incoherent and jabbed together at this point it's not even worth trying.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Panda where not even a fucking foot note in wc3, yet they get entire xpac devoted to them.

Marketing folks.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
if you're looking for good lore, modern warcraft is the last place you wanna be. warcraft 2 and vanilla wow were pretty good, but after that it's been a complete and utter shit fest starting with the dranei/blood elf outer space hilarity. it's so incoherent and jabbed together at this point it's not even worth trying.
Much like your posting.

Panda where not even a fucking foot note in wc3, yet they get entire xpac devoted to them.

Marketing folks.
So I'm guessing you never played Frozen Throne, then?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't know how many "Kung Fu Panda" proclaimers (even myself) I have pointed this out to. Usually I get a "never played frozen throne" or "come on, doesn't count." Well then, doesn't that make most of the WotLK lore not count?!

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Anyone who thinks anything done in WoW at this point isn't done from a financial perspective is fooling themselves.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
How are you going to develop content if you don't make money? How'd that go for the last month of 38 studios and Copernicus?

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone got tips to get started with the TIllers and get my own farm going? Do I need to have gathering skills to harvest from my farm? Honestly thats the thing I'm looking forward to the most upon hitting 90, I love farmville.

spronk

FPS noob
Anyone got tips to get started with the TIllers and get my own farm going? Do I need to have gathering skills to harvest from my farm? Honestly thats the thing I'm looking forward to the most upon hitting 90, I love farmville.
nope, you don't need shit for tillers. When you are 85 you can go straight to halfhill market and do the quest (dig up rocks) to unlock your farm. You won't get tiller rep till 90, so just leave the farm alone till 90 after that.

at 90 every day go to your farm and till the soil and plant crops, there is a daily quest for 1 type of crop. Do the tiller dailies if you can, it speeds up the rep (but just farming is ok too). Once you are revered you can buy the coin that doubles the rep for all your chars, that speeds things up daily to the point where you can go from a fresh 85 to exalted with tillers within a week or two.

When you have a ton of 90s doing daily farm shit, the best thing is motes for high craft profs (BS, leatherworking) and enigma seeds for herbs/golden lotus for everyone else. Vegetables can be profitable, but its pretty random and server specific as to which veggies sell well and on what days, whereas herbs and lotus are great for the jc shuffle and inscription darkmoon cards.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Much like your posting.

Beat WC3 and Frozen Throne, never played the bonus campaign so no, I never met any pandas.

One little NPC in a after thought "bonus campaign" is equal to a footnote in warcraft lore/history. Panda theme was chosen because it had the biggest marketing appeal, plain and simple. It wasnt chosen because it had a somewhat semblance of logical connection to warcraft lore/history or story.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was the panda campaign the one where you set your uber party of heroes on a long patrol path then turned your monitor off for the night and came back to scores of XP and loot or something?

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Dunno according to wowwiki theres a panda NPC you do a quest for, thats it. Clearly meaningful enough to make an entire xpac about.

incadenza_sl

shitlord
Anyone have the link listing all future zones/expansions? While I agree pandas don't really have much lore backstory, it's acceptable.

I can't wait to come back to this game, two banned accounts later. It's the most addictive craving I've ever felt. Might be the 'prime' age i got into it, or the addictive gameplay, but fuck if any game can come close to the urge I feel to play wow. Xbox just sits there collecting dust, I try dozens of RPGs and the like, but nothing gets me so involved or motivated as the character development and pve progression this game does.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Anyone have the link listing all future zones/expansions? While I agree pandas don't really have much lore backstory, it's acceptable.

I can't wait to come back to this game, two banned accounts later. It's the most addictive craving I've ever felt. Might be the 'prime' age i got into it, or the addictive gameplay, but fuck if any game can come close to the urge I feel to play wow. Xbox just sits there collecting dust, I try dozens of RPGs and the like, but nothing gets me so involved or motivated as the character development and pve progression this game does.

425389-1691244_not_sure_if_troll_super_super.jpg

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
One little NPC in a after thought "bonus campaign" is equal to a footnote in warcraft lore/history. Panda theme was chosen because it had the biggest marketing appeal, plain and simple. It wasnt chosen because it had a somewhat semblance of logical connection to warcraft lore/history or story.
Well, fuck Blizzard in the ass for doing something crazy like appealing to a ridiculously positive market response to an idea.

Here's a thought -- marketing gifts from god can easily be fucked up via poor implementation and game design. You need look no further than the TWO failed Star Wars MMO initiatives, an aborted Warhammer attempt and the niche pimple-on-the-MMO-market's-ass that is LotRO. Luckily for them and the few million who seem to enjoy this terrible game, Blizzard seems to know a thing or two about implementation and game design.

If Blizzard develops on an obscure idea from Warcraft's past, they get roasted. I'm pretty sure if they dive back into familiar territory they'll get similarly assraped for not having any new ideas. If they come up with something new, they'll get punched in the dick for grasping at desperate ideas.

In other words, haters will always shit on a game no matter what the angle. But I guess that's part of what makes a forum fun.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider

Faggot