World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
That being said there will be more 675 follower missions added so don't just vendor all your upgrade items yet.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Just entered Draenor and started the Garrison stuff. Don't know much about it. So as a tailor/enchanter (although they're not leveled up yet), it would be useless to build ench/tailor buildings in my Garrison?

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Enchanter building is very good for getting your extra mats to make enchants and the same with the tailor building for tailoring.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The savage blood free-fall hit 250g when I cashed out. I nearly wept.
People are desperately trying to sell them in bulk in trade channel these days.

So, any idea if all of this follower shit I've stockpiled will be used at all in 6.2? A follower ilevel raise, or usable on the new boat missions?
WarcraftDevs on Twitter:

So, no. Basically, 6.2 doesn't use any stockpiled stuff (extra rolls, bloods, followers). It's not like 6.1 where you could raise your followers to 675 to trigger raid missions immediately; you'll need 3 ships to counter 9 threats, which will take time since:

1) You need multiple ship types, which require raising the shipyard to 3 to unlock plans.

2) You need to raise your ship to epic quality to unlock their third ability slots and purchase the appropriate gear to slot there.

Ships don't work exactly like followers; they start with a crew, then you unlock empty ability slots by leveling them, and purchase equipment to stick there. So, apparently, if you have enough resources, you can switch your ships' gear to optimize for a mission. I'll keep at least one Trained Shark Tank around.

Or you can run your first missions at 70% chance (thankfully, the base chance for the raids seems to be 50%).
That being said there will be more 675 follower missions added so don't just vendor all your upgrade items yet.
If, like me, you have all your followers at 675, plus 8 stacks of upgrades (1 epic, 1 rare, 6 greens) of each type... you don't really need any.

I should replace the Bunker with a Mage Tower. Would get me to raid meeting points faster (I hope there's an Ogre Gate near the Citadel)...

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Just entered Draenor and started the Garrison stuff. Don't know much about it. So as a tailor/enchanter (although they're not leveled up yet), it would be useless to build ench/tailor buildings in my Garrison?
You quickly have enough mats to do all your enchants. Unless you level extra fast, by the time you get 100 and start to think about enchanting the 4 items that can still hold enchants, you'll have enough stuff for it. As people said, it's good to make it when you upgrade your garrison to level 2 since you can use a second building anyway, but keep it level 1, and replace it with a Salvage Yard at 96 for jump-starting your follower upgrades.

Tailor building is good. Even if you do not sell extra gear, you do make bags with the extra cloth transmuted. Bags are good. I have so much cruft in my bags it's not funny.

Rime

<Donor>
Seems to me that they missed the chance to have us 'crew' the ships with our followers, with specific classes/traits being useful for each mission.

Maybe a ship can hold 3 (for the smallest), 4, or even 5 followers - Then missions can have 6, 8, 10, or even 12 points that you have to contribute towards.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Seems to me that they missed the chance to have us 'crew' the ships with our followers, with specific classes/traits being useful for each mission.

Maybe a ship can hold 3 (for the smallest), 4, or even 5 followers - Then missions can have 6, 8, 10, or even 12 points that you have to contribute towards.
I dunno about us adding bonuses to the mission based on your character's class, but I do think they missed an opportunity to provide something more to do than just add another mission table.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
How far do I have to run between my normal mission table and the shipping yard one? That's the important question.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Maybe they'll introduce a new Bodyguard Follower who gets you a ship table once you're BFFs!

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Any tips on how to make some decent cash at level 91? Trying to upgrade my heirlooms for the push to 100, but can only afford one upgrade.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any tips on how to make some decent cash at level 91? Trying to upgrade my heirlooms for the push to 100, but can only afford one upgrade.
The amount of time farming, to get the cash for the heirlooms, you coulda already been 100. Just start questing and leveling!

Sterling

El Presidente
Trading Post or Mill will start you generating some GR which is generally the bottleneck early on with your garrison. Inn lets you get an extra follower a week but you'll get close to 20 followers just getting to 100 anyways.

Crazily

N00b
Lemme just leave this here:

Guild: Party all the Time
Server: Lightbringer
Faction: Alliance

10/10H BRF
2/7M HM

We only raid 2 nights a week, Friday and Saturday from 7:00 - 10:00 PST.

We are primarily a heroic raiding guild but we do work on mythic once we have heroic on farm. Only raiding 2 nights we a very limited for time but we make the most of what we have.

Looking mostly for ranged DPS but open to all exceptional players who like a lighter raid schedule but want to clear current raid zones.

Please contact stevieb#1981 if interested.

Dkbago_sl

shitlord
Lumber Mill, for sure, should be your first Medium. Especially now that it doesn't take any resources to upgrade now. You can, and should, swap it out later once you have the GR rolling.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah not worth specifically farming for them. Use your cash on a 630 crafted weapon and smash face.
Concur on this - heirlooms are absolutely not worth the money for 91-100 stretch. 630 Crafted items at 1k or heirloom at 5k ? lol. Especially because at least half of the time the heirloom will be scaled worse than what you can just pick up lying around the place.

There's waaaay more xp than you need all over the levelling zones, and it's actually pretty fun compared to the previous attempts at levelling content, so I wouldn't put much value in the xp boost.