World of Warcraft: Current Year

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All those people stockpiling Barn rush orders.
frown.png

Lots of people loving it, so that herbing and mining are useful again, since Garrisons pretty much made it useless.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
As much as it sucks for you guys who were farming barn rush orders, there's no way allowing thousands of Felbloods to be accessible on day 1 of 6.2 was going to stand. It's completely counter to their gearing philosophy (ie it should take a long fucking time so you stay subbed).

In other news, anybody else notice that Mythic dungeons are on a weekly lockout?

Crone

As much as it sucks for you guys who were farming barn rush orders, there's no way allowing thousands of Felbloods to be accessible on day 1 of 6.2 was going to stand. It's completely counter to their gearing philosophy (ie it should take a long fucking time so you stay subbed).

In other news, anybody else notice that Mythic dungeons are on a weekly lockout?
Weekly dungeons I'm really looking forward too. I really enjoyed the HARD dungeons that they dropped in WotLK. Hard for a while at least.

Rime

<Donor>
Depends on how 'hard' we are talking.

BC Shattered Halls, where you have to stack certain classes and others are absolutely useless? No thanks.
First week of WoD UBRS Challenge Mode? Oh god no.

I would like around Halls of Reflection/Pit of Saron difficulty level.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff

Farming mobs to skin them isn't really limited any more than farming mobs to trap them. It's just dumb because it's going to bring out the botters and griefers in full force.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
It's also dumb in that it really does nothing to fix the gathering professions. It's a bit like vanilla hunter's tranq shot; it doesn't add anything to the class other than a gimmick to make the class needed.

What is everyone going to do with all the raw materials that flood the market from all the fel farming. IMO they should have made it some kind of transmute that requires more ore/herbs/leather than can reasonably be obtained daily/weekly through the garrison. Gatherers are rewarded for their increased output while others can eventually get the felbloods at the cost of neglecting their trade huts.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Those of you with a ton of alts, what classes do you guys enjoy more than others? I'm sort of stuck in the ranged DPS role with our raid group and I think I'd like to gear something up to eventually replace this Ele Shaman. I have always and still do enjoy Hunters but like most guilds we have those spots filled. Just sort of curious about the overall enjoyment of the other classes. We are Warlock deprived so that would be an option but I hear a lot of bitching about them right now.

Crone

We are Warlock deprived so that would be an option but I hear a lot of bitching about them right now.
What bitching do you hear? I play a Warlock, granted, not in any kind of Mythic raids, but they are like #1 DPS right now or something? Next patch, Demonolgy is getting nerfed, but Affliction is getting buffed, and initial tests show that Affliction will be just as good as Demonolgy.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The one thing I hear is people just speaking about the flavor of the class being lost this expansion. I sort of enjoy those types of things and it's one thing about the Hunter that is still cool. All the mechanics they're asked to handle. Deterrence, misdirection, even something as simple as feign and res. Tons of situations where these things get used across BRF encounters. As Ele I have a pretty simple DPS rotation, one 2 minute healing cooldown that used to be pretty powerful and now is just mediocre and a 40% damage reduction cooldown. It makes the class kind of boring in the "flair" side of things if that makes sense. I don't really care about topping meters. I'm in the middle of the pack most of the time on the Shaman and that's fine.

Crone

The one thing I hear is people just speaking about the flavor of the class being lost this expansion. I sort of enjoy those types of things and it's one thing about the Hunter that is still cool. All the mechanics they're asked to handle. Deterrence, misdirection, even something as simple as feign and res. Tons of situations where these things get used across BRF encounters. As Ele I have a pretty simple DPS rotation, one 2 minute healing cooldown that used to be pretty powerful and now is just mediocre and a 40% damage reduction cooldown. It makes the class kind of boring in the "flair" side of things if that makes sense. I don't really care about topping meters. I'm in the middle of the pack most of the time on the Shaman and that's fine.
Makes perfect sense. I gotcha, and in my limited experience it does seem that we don't do much other than DPS. We are loved for our summons before a raid starts, but I haven't seen too many fights where any of the "flavor" or "flair" of a Warlock gets used.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Warlock Gates are pretty sweet on some fights, though heavily nerfed from MoP.

Crone

Warlock rotation looks to be quite a bit more interesting at least.
I'd go affliction, and start beefing up on that rotation before Demonolgy. Affliction is gonna be the next big thing come 6.2, and isn't THAT far behind Demonolgy right now.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
MMO-Champion - WoW Down to 7.1 Million Subscribers

WoW Down to 7.1 Million Subscribers
Blizzard had their Q1 2014 earnings call today, announcing that WoW is down to 7.1 million subscribers at the end of Q1 2015. This is down 2.9 million from the Q4 2014 call that listed WoW at 10 million subscribers.

Ouch. I can't remember them losing that many subs this early in a XPAC. That's the kind of drop off you see from new MMO's.

bayr_sl

shitlord
A bunch of people resubbed with gold too that must surely count as subscribers right now, myself included. Had they not implemented that I wonder what the number is.

WoD really is shit though

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
A bunch of people resubbed with gold too that must surely count as subscribers right now, myself included. Had they not implemented that I wonder what the number is.

WoD really is shit though
BRF + Mythic = disaster. Really the whole raiding scheme is showing its age at this point. While individual encounters here and there may shine, the overall way raiding works has just been so stagnant. Where's the iteration upon vehicles, one-off special abilities, etc.