World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
What I like about the raid tier so far:

-Marksman is consistent and easy and well suited for the encounters. And it's not BM.
-Reasonably smooth boss difficulty progression with scaling rewards
-Back to flex raids for a while, yay! Getting a 3000 ping during a tornado warning didn't put a halt to the whole goddamn raid.
-Seems tuned well for prior tier mythic -> current tier heroic. No facerolling after the early bosses.
-The teleporter
-The hilarious overuse of "Fel" and green goop
-Better use of mechanics that get the whole raid involved instead of the same handful of people.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
12 out of 13 ain't bad? Lol

Was mostly just going on how the first 4 compare with the next 4. Christ, Iskar is hilarious.

aaaand I'm perma stuck in combat in tanaan. Shut down battle.net and everything.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
lol yea 12 out of 13 isn't half bad. The jump from Mannoroth to Archimonde though is like Thokk to Siegecrafter it terms of hilarity.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I finished my cache mission yesterday and got a heroic box, man was I stoked! Got a pair of 705 gloves that was 1 itemlevel worse than the mythic warforged gloves I got back in... february? Thanks blizzard, I love the idea of first bosses dropping trash

Also, Iskar was a fun fight

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I wanted to join the iron horde and burn stormwind down.

Feels bad. Gold missions nerfed, raids are more meh, questing is to much like work, I refuse dailies on principle, PvP instanced, game not social, ashran queue...

GL guys I'm bailing until 7.0.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The Iron Horde has to go down as the worst "big bad" in the history of WoW. Their initial surprise attack through the dark portal gets turned back with almost trivial ease. We then proceed to go through the portal ourselves and lay waste to what looks like months worth of preparation in the course of a day. We go and stop their attack on Shadowmoon and Shattrath, take down one of their remaining challenges to their supremacy in the Ogres and then steamroll through the rest of their industrial complex.

They failed to invade anything and in the process we managed to take over their planet...

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I must say that the Iron Horde was for sure the biggest let down of a foe. I agree wholeheartedly there, and it further pushed out just how freaking tired I am of fighting orcs. Orcs make good henchmen but horrible leaders, that's why blackrock mountain is a cool place - orcs are the brutish soliders but not the cunning masters behind it. Too much orcs make for a bad time.

Tbh, I'd rather haev patches that just focus on the previous factions of Azeroth, like a proper cavern raid with troggs, dark irons, basilisks and what not, but I feel they've gotten stuck on the "next boss needs to be Lichking^2, ^3, ^4... strong" where we likely won't get those kind of opponents any more. The lore power creep is worse than the item power creep, tbh.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I keep hoping that WoW manages to move past Warcraft III. Warcraft III set up the whole notion of the Burning Legion, Blood Elves, Naga, Undead hordes, Illidan and all that jazz. I think that was one of the reasons I like MoP was because, other than Chen Stormstout and a sidetrack involving trolls, it was original content with new ideas. Even today everyone is going "what about the Emerald Dream?? Or Naga??? or going back to the Burning Legion!??!". While I admit these are compelling plot threads they are all things that came directly from Warcraft III.

Lets move the story forward.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I wanted to join the iron horde and burn stormwind down.

Feels bad. Gold missions nerfed, raids are more meh, questing is to much like work, I refuse dailies on principle, PvP instanced, game not social, ashran queue...

GL guys I'm bailing until 7.0.
Where is the loyal blizzard defense squad to stop this blasphemer?! Anyway yah thats what its boiled down to, its pretty pathetic but the raids are actually pretty fun imo. They are much more fun than highmaul and slightly above BRF also.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Where is the loyal blizzard defense squad to stop this blasphemer?! Anyway yah thats what its boiled down to, its pretty pathetic but the raids are actually pretty fun imo. They are much more fun than highmaul and slightly above BRF also.
There is a difference between him not liking the new content and you saying stupid shit like they didn't add any content.

Of course, Lachius just doesn't like the game so I'm not sure why he was playing it in the first place. Is mad free gold was taken away, does not like one of the better raids over the last few xpacks, doesn't like questing, doesn't do dailies, doesn't like instanced pvp, and thinks the game isn't social. Why was he playing this game past vanilla?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I see the squad is assembling! The butthurt on people not liking it must be primo b/c im pretty sure i never said they didnt add any content, feel free to quote me if you can find me saying that!

I can help tho

If youre really having fun in this game still then kudos to you, but this isnt alot of content for a patch by no means.
Raids cool, content? still dont see it as being much.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Why was he playing this game past vanilla?
Lol, nice. I actually quit near the end of vanilla, and come back once in a while when the wife wants to play for a few months. I see new stuff, tour raids, get the meh, and cancel.

TLDR: Wife.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I stopped playing this 5 years ago and for some reason just started playing my Warrior again.

It's relaxing, but too familiar. I'm enjoying the story as I level but I have doubts that the raid game will keep me playing longer than a month or two.

Is anyone on here a solo player? If so, what is there to do? (Same shit as 5 years ago?)

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
+Garrisons

Which are more of the same with some "click this button every X hours" for a reward like a game on your phone.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I stopped playing this 5 years ago and for some reason just started playing my Warrior again.

It's relaxing, but too familiar. I'm enjoying the story as I level but I have doubts that the raid game will keep me playing longer than a month or two.

Is anyone on here a solo player? If so, what is there to do? (Same shit as 5 years ago?)
The raiding is hit or miss, but the current raiding is pretty fun, its not /all/ DDR.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I actually have the Garrison and now Shipyard on a similar rotation with Clash of Clans, Heroes Charge, and Boom Beach. I keep saying I want to play a real immersive game and yet I keep playing this piecemeal crap.