World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I always facepalmed at their efforts to recreate the Isle of Quel'danas.

But the Sunwell really was just a setback for Kil'jaedan

xzi

Mouthbreather
I managed to snag 700ilvl mythic boots off the AH for 3k gold.. I think someone fucked up and meant 30k.

ez

Rime

<Donor>
Really the expac is over already? Lol. Doesn't this shit usually last at least a year?
They have been saying since Wrath that they want to 'get expansions out faster'.

Their solution? Charge $10 more, give 1/2 the content!

Still playing (but not paying! Thanks game tokens!) for lack of a 'better' game.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
What happened to Grommash being the last boss? wtf
Apparently, the team "couldn't make the story click". Meaning someone thought he couldn't stomach Grommash being bad. Or that, once they wrote the legendary cinematic for 6.1, no one thought an involuntary corrupted Grommash would work, and they didn't had time to fix the legendary cinematic.

(since it's basically the only place we knew that Grommash wouldn't be the bad guy before the release of 6.2 on the PTR).

But otherwise, yea. The whole Iron Horde of Grommash is "the Legion will not enslave us" and the last raid is basically against the Legion, so it's kind of hard to swallow Grommash bending to the Legion. And, in turn, that means Hellfire Citadel was NOT going to be the last raid in that form. The whole universe in which we fight against Grommash Hellscream as the last boss is one in which Hellfire Citadel is more like Masada Citadel, the last redoubt of the original Iron Legion, and Tanaan Jungle would have little to no demons in it. But then, they gave too much to Gul'Dan, and he became the de facto main guy. And the story stopped flowing the right way.

I suspect the orignal plan was 3 raid tiers, and we'd fight Grommash in Masada Citadel, and then have a wrap-up with Gul'Dan and Archimonde in 6.3. That way, it would have mirrored Outland perfectly: finish Illidan, then get to smack some demons in an afterthought. And then the order came:
Really the expac is over already? Lol. Doesn't this shit usually last at least a year?
It does, but they really want to move to a shorter expansion cycle (the mmochamp forums are full of conspiracist telling everyone it's a Request You Can't Ignore from Activision). Meaning two major content patches, for an expansion within 15-18 months.

Of course, they dropped the ball with 6.1. As I said before, it would have been better perceived if they had flat-out lied, said that Foundry was a 6.1 raid (didn't we test the bosses after release, after all?), and everyone would have thought it a good if not too great content patch. Instead, it's the selfie patch. WHich means that when Stockton says it was a MAJOR content patch, everyone is throwing the rotten eggs.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I managed to snag 700ilvl mythic boots off the AH for 3k gold.. I think someone fucked up and meant 30k.

ez
I would turn around and resell those boots, as a player can pretty easily get 695 boots with the stats they want. 5ilevel is pretty much no difference.

DavivMcD

Peasant
I honestly forgot they even merged, oh boy. I fuckin' chuckled
I still do wonder how much of their hands are in that delicious blizzard money pot and the influence they have over them.
Still pretty much zero. We can put all the blame at Blizzard's feet. Kotick is busy trying to wring every dollar out of CoD, Skylanders, and Destiny.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Still pretty much zero. We can put all the blame at Blizzard's feet. Kotick is busy trying to wring every dollar out of CoD, Skylanders, and Destiny.
I mean, have you seen the WoW store or the insane prices for HOTS/HS? They are a company though and those games are free and I won't fault them for wanting profit, that's for sure. But I still think everything by blizzard has been a little overpriced for years now to be honest. Not even just microtransactions, but even WoD was a 60$ game with a required subscription (until a few months ago).

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Less content patches and quicker Xpacs would be better for the player. The trick is they need to get those Xpacs out much faster. If you are still making the playerbase wait a year and longer between the last content patch and xpac then you are going to have a huge problem.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Less content patches and quicker Xpacs would be better for the player. The trick is they need to get those Xpacs out much faster. If you are still making the playerbase wait a year and longer between the last content patch and xpac then you are going to have a huge problem.
The worst part is they've been talking about it for almost a decade. It's pathetic.

2006 -New World of Warcraft expansions every year - Blizzard - GamesIndustry.biz
2007 -An expansion a year? Blizzard says "we'll try."
2010 --Smaller WOW expansions, more often? Eurogamer.net
2011 --The Escapist : Forums : The News Room : Blizzard Hopes Faster WoW Expansions Will Halt Sliding Subscriptions
2013 --Blizzard wants new World of Warcraft expansions every year - PC Gamer
2014 --World of Warcraft expansions expected to arrive more quickly in the future, Blizzard says - PC Gamer

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yup, they really need to get everyone on the same page when giving interviews. Several weeks ago you had someone at Blizzard say they shouldn't have called 6.1 a big patch and it should have been 6.05, then you get that interview the other day where he says they had 2 big patches. As you linked they have been promising fast xpacs for fucking ever. Maybe this will be the time they do it since they only had 1 content patch. I won't hold my breath.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Yup, they really need to get everyone on the same page when giving interviews. Several weeks ago you had someone at Blizzard say they shouldn't have called 6.1 a big patch and it should have been 6.05, then you get that interview the other day where he says they had 2 big patches. As you linked they have been promising fast xpacs for fucking ever. Maybe this will be the time they do it since they only had 1 content patch. I won't hold my breath.
Put it out of its misery. Jesus. It's flailing, foaming at the mouth, with a few missing limbs and severe brain damage. Just end its life for its and our sakes.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Put it out of its misery. Jesus. It's flailing, foaming at the mouth, with a few missing limbs and severe brain damage. Just end its life for its and our sakes.
Did Blizz ever comment about what they were going to do with all the Titan assets? I know that game was indev for years, and they scrapped it because (we all know the MMORPG is dying) reasons.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some of the assets were used to create Overwatch.

As ridiculous as it is, WoW is still the most popular MMO on the market, and arguably still the best. All these years and not one game has given them a true challenge.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Well Overwatch came out of at least some of the ideas they had for Titan. Considering they've described Titan as "six games in one" and overly ambitious, while Overwatch is fairly simple, we may see more projects spring out of Titan's carcass in the next couple years.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Well Overwatch came out of at least some of the ideas they had for Titan. Considering they've described Titan as "six games in one" and overly ambitious, while Overwatch is fairly simple, we may see more projects spring out of Titan's carcass in the next couple years.
I think we've seen a lot of features they wanted for Titan in WoW already. Timeless Isle, Sunsong Ranch (eventually expanded to Garrisons), etc.

Lethality

Lord Nagafen Raider
Some of the assets were used to create Overwatch.

As ridiculous as it is, WoW is still the most popular MMO on the market, and arguably still the best. All these years and not one game has given them a true challenge.
This has nothing to do with the quality of WoW or the quality of other games... Honestly, plenty of "better" games have come along since, but players have too much equity in WoW to leave. Even for a better service.

It's the Facebook syndrome vs. Google plus. Facebook is shit, many better things exist, but users can't leave because that's not where their content is.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I agree with the premise of users already being too invested in WoW to switch to another game, but I'm having a hard time thinking of a better MMO that has released since WoW. Granted, I haven't played them all.