World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I played WoD at launch for about 3 weeks, and as someone who no longer has the ability to do raid commitments (I have the playtime, just not able to schedule stuff really), LFR is really my only option. The slow ass delayed release schedule for raid wings hitting LFR made me say "fuck it" and cancel my sub, but I had all the legendary ring steps up to that point complete.

That said - about how many weeks does it look like to finish up the ring? I did the cape late in MoP, and I assume the ring follows the same pattern of "artificial time gates"?
At this point you may just want to wait as it gets closer to the next expansion. You can be pretty sure they will do what they did for the cloak in pandaria and will add in some buff that makes you get more of the components faster. They are also adding in some daily quests I believe to give the abbrogator stones/rune stone things.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
HAHA yes it would be one thing if he dropped loot on order of what the pandaria LFR did for look/quality. But he drops weapons of worse ilevel than what you can get out in open tannan area for grinding dailies and some trinkets and a set piece of lack luster appearance.
Yeah, they really shit the bed with LFR in WoD. In MoP it was pretty much perfect, but apparently they either listened to the whiners or they have still have a few poopsockers devs who think that the pleabs deserve shittier, worthless loot and it would be enough incentive for people to run LFR. Their "let them eat cake" attitude in concerns to LFR is one of the big reasons for the massive drop in subs.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How good of loot should LFR drop? He only drops 705 in normal. LFR requires no effort, especially once they nerf him. A few wipes and free loot. I love that you never have to set foot in HFC LFR in order to get a character ready for HFC normal. LFR is there for the casuals and bads to see and experience the content. It should not be about loot.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
How good of loot should LFR drop? He only drops 705 in normal. LFR requires no effort, especially once they nerf him. A few wipes and free loot. I love that you never have to set foot in HFC LFR in order to get a character ready for HFC normal. LFR is there for the casuals and bads to see and experience the content. It should not be about loot.
How about the same kind of loot it's been dropping since they implemented it? Not this shitty looking, no set bonus having garbage that they introduced in WoD. And it's not "free loot", you still have to run the thing 50 times to get the loot you need. Free loot is Tanaan Jungle were you kill mindless shit for a few days and get better loot than killing raid bosses. MoP had it perfect, WoD got it wrong.

LFR should be no different than Normal, Heroic, or Mythic. Everything should be a tier down just like the rest of the raid tiers. Acting like it doesn't deserve it because it's for "bads and casuals" while simultaneously praising the fact that an open world zone drops better loot like candy is backwards as fuck. As easy as it is, it's still far more time consuming and difficult than running around soloing mobs out in the world.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How about the same kind of loot it's been dropping since they implemented it? Not this shitty looking, no set bonus having garbage that they introduced in MoP. And it's not "free loot", you still have to run the thing 50 times to get the loot you need. Free loot is Tanaan Jungle were you kill mindless shit for a few days and get better loot than killing raid bosses. MoP had it perfect, WoD got it wrong.

LFR should be no different than Normal, Heroic, or Mythic. Everything should be a tier down just like the rest of the raid tiers. Acting like it doesn't deserve it because it's for "bads and casuals" while simultaneously praising the fact that an open world zone drops better loot like candy is backwards as fuck. As easy as it is, it's still far more time consuming and difficult than running around soloing mobs out in the world.
They changed LFR to their own independent sets so actual raiders weren't forced into LFR in order to obtain their 4 set bonuses as fast as possible. The WoD is superior. Also, just because you have to run it a bunch doesn't mean it isn't free. It is just as mindless, if not more so, than tanaan. LFR is setup so you cannot fail. No way should LFR gear be a recolor of normal/heroic/mythic sets or share set bonuses. If all you do is LFR, then why does the gear even matter?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
They changed LFR to their own independent sets so actual raiders weren't forced into LFR in order to obtain their 4 set bonuses as fast as possible. The WoD is superior. Also, just because you have to run it a bunch doesn't mean it isn't free. It is just as mindless, if not more so, than tanaan. LFR is setup so you cannot fail. No way should LFR gear be a recolor of normal/heroic/mythic sets or share set bonuses. If all you do is LFR, then why does the gear even matter?
If you're not setting foot in LFR except for a 4 piece you'll remove in 2 additional weeks, why do you care that it's a recolor?

xzi

Mouthbreather
I feel like Archimonde LFR loot should at least be equivalent to Tanaan loot.. not 5 ilvl below it? I don't really care though. I killed him once and I'm never stepping foot in there again. I'm fine with the current state of LFR to be honest, it lets me see the content while drooling on myself and at this point that all I really want out of it.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
LFR fails all the time. And LFR was a recolor up until this expansion, so saying that it shouldn't be that way is odd. The people who bitched and moaned about having to do LFR to do "real" raiding were the bads and casuals you seem to hate so much. Seriously, every time someone complains about LFR gear it's the equivalent of a guy making $8 an hour complaining about those awful minimum wagers. You very rarely see anyone who is good at the game and is doing "real" raiding complaining about LFR gear, it's always the once removed scrubs. People are actually good at the game don't give two shits about what the pleabs are doing or what gear they are wearing.

As far as why the gear matters? Because better gear makes everything else I do easier, it's also a hell of a lot more fun when you are getting cool looking gear with neat bonuses as opposed to stupid level 1 looking axes and armor that looks worse than shit that dropped in Shadowfang Keep 10 years ago. Even people who don't raid, or can't raid, like to see progression in their characters, even if it's just cosmetic.

If you're not setting foot in LFR except for a 4 piece you'll remove in 2 additional weeks, why do you care that it's a recolor?
Not to mention the fact that you never had to do LFR to do real raiding in the first place. Doing Tanaan and then jumping into normal raiding is no different than doing the rep grind and using tokens to get raid ready from previous expansions.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
That said - about how many weeks does it look like to finish up the ring? I did the cape late in MoP, and I assume the ring follows the same pattern of "artificial time gates"?
There's a few catch-ups already in place: drops are higher if you've got the achieve, and if you don't, you have garrison missions to catch up, plus 20k apexis per week to buy an additional batch of items. So the time gates are a lot sped up.

However, you face about 4-5 weeks of last phase farming, depending on your luck for Tomes in the last raid.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
archimonde should at very least drop items of the same ilevel as the boosted apexis stuff from tannan. I don't think it is asking for to much to have the end boss in a raid even if it is LFR drop things along the quality of what you can get solo at no danger to yourself in about a week or a weekend if its the apexis event.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Half the point of wow at max level is pretty pony dress up. The LFR gear at least for my druid are barely better appearance wise than the dungeon stuff which is also lack luster in look. If ilevel is lower than what you can get solo in tannan and it looks bland it really kills the desire to go back in there. In pandaria I redid some wings a bunch because I wanted the weapon looks for transmog.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Who else is looking forward to grinding out some timewalking dungeons for mounts on Weds?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
One thing to note which is not clear in vendor list is the items you can buy off the vendor are all 675 timewalking level if you are level 100 I believe.
The difference in prices tells me I don't need to bother trying to farm for a mount; I'm probably facing the prospect of 150+ dungeon runs to afford a single one (mount cost about 100 times a piece of gear, and I doubt you can get one piece per run, let alone more than one).

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The difference in prices tells me I don't need to bother trying to farm for a mount; I'm probably facing the prospect of 150+ dungeon runs to afford a single one (mount cost about 100 times a piece of gear, and I doubt you can get one piece per run, let alone more than one).
It's 650 badges per run (on average) and the mounts cost 5k. 10 dungeons isn't really that bad, especially if you're a collector and are used to running a dungeon dozens if not hundreds of times for a mount.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think time walking is going to be around through the next expansion as well so its probably a long term goal not something to grind in a couple weekends.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Stupid MMO-C is blocked at work.

What all is on this new vendor?
Level Type Name
1 Companion Pets A Tiny Infernal Collar
1 Companion Pets Vibrating Arcane Crystal
1 Companion Pets Warm Arcane Crystal
1 Companion Pets Glittering Arcane Crystal
1 Companion Pets Zeradar
1 Companion Pets Brightpaw
1 Companion Pets Nibbles