World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
So if I am mistaken, I can since MOP log in at beginning of expansion, level to max get some epics in first tier raid.
Then unsubscribe with the majority until the end of the same xpac. Then resubscribe get close to end game epics and prepare for next expansion and just "LFR" to see what I missed in between ?
Mostly. LFR is still "raid lite" with most of the game mechanics that require actual coordination disabled, but if you want to see what the zone and bosses look like, then yes.

I wouldn't qualify those non-raid epics as "end-game" or close, it's more like tier 1.5 of 4 last-patch epics, with no chance of additional bonus (which you get from raid drops) or set bonus. Still, they're good enough for use in almost all situations outside of heroic/mythic raiding, notably if you fish for your two/three main secondary stats.

And to complete Draegan: the only thing you really need is getting a level 1 shipyard, which requires upgrading your garrison to level 3. If you don't have that shipyard, you can't phase the Tanaan outpost with the "close to end game epics" vendor, which leaves you stuck to a max 675 instead of 695 gear. You don't need any followers or any ship beyond the first one you build.

kaxfenix

N00b
THanks for the replies..

I have a Max Level Brewmaster but also have several level 90 characters.. I have a desire to level those to level 100 just because.... I understand it is really easy and quick to level from 90 to 100. Any truth to that now since they opened up flying.. How hard(annoying) is the quest to get your flight status?

Thanks in advanced for the answers I am sure I can read a patch note some where but getting information from players is always more reliable!

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I haven't played since earlier in the year, but flying is a collection of achievements and reps and stuff. Just google it for the best information.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
THanks for the replies..

I have a Max Level Brewmaster but also have several level 90 characters.. I have a desire to level those to level 100 just because.... I understand it is really easy and quick to level from 90 to 100. Any truth to that now since they opened up flying.. How hard(annoying) is the quest to get your flight status?

Thanks in advanced for the answers I am sure I can read a patch note some where but getting information from players is always more reliable!
Its pretty easy to level from 90-100 now with flying as you can just skip right to bonus areas and the few quests you need to do to unlock more. As for unlocking flight status its really not to bad but it depends how much you did when leveling to 100. I had already completed or nearly completed all but 2 of the achivements needed to unlock it just playing my main normally to 100. The remainder was banging out the last couple daily apexis stuff I missed which I was able to use GR to fire off at will and then doing the tannan reps to revered. That takes about 3-4 weeks of dalies so not hard but a bit of a time commitment. Before doing it make sure you unlock level three trade post as it speeds things up a good bit.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Flying isn't too hard to get, the reps are sort of the worst part of the flying achievement to finish but they're at least only to revered. They're not super difficult, just time consuming is all.

wowhead has a fantastic tool to help you track your progression

also, worth a mention that for the Securing Draenor part of the achievement, you can buy Scouting Missives from the dude that is directly outside your main Garrison building for 200 resources that way you can do all the assaults in one day to speed things up.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only one you cannot purchase it The Pit. You have to wait for it to pop up on the daily.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The only one you cannot purchase it The Pit. You have to wait for it to pop up on the daily.
Again, Wowhead has a tool (the sidebar on the main page) which will display which dailies are up for this day, so you don't have to log in to check if you're real casual.

However, if you take the quest from the table and do not complete it that day, it poofs from the log, so do it asap.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
THanks for the replies..

I asked for leveling tips here a few days ago. If you have some extra gold around you'll want to buy a few of the 300% xp potions as well as the 20% xp potions you get in your garrison. What you do then is complete all the bonus missions in the zone you're in except for one item. So do all the objectives up to 7/8 kill mobs or 4/5 pick up random thing. And you do that for all that are available in the zone. Then pop the two xp potions (and wear +xp heirlooms if you have them), finish the bonus areas and pick up treasures with the remaining time on the 15 min 300% one. There's addons out there that will point you to the treasures.

You get about 300k XP for each bonus area and about 40k XP for each treasure. You need 3 of the 300% xp potions. I did 90-100 in about 3 hours using this method just last weekend and people that have it down say it takes them about 2 hours.

There's a good guide on wowhead for this as well.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
It bears repeating...

UguWCoL.jpg

garrosh+back+to+the+future_1384282641.jpg

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Activision Blizzard Creates eSports Division

Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) today announced a new division that will build on the Company's competitive gaming leadership by creating all-new ways to deliver the best-in-class fan experience across games, platforms and geographies, furthering the development of its world-leading esports ecosystem. Former CEO of ESPN and the NFL NetworkSteve Bornsteinwill serve as the division's Chairman andMike Sepso, who was most recently a co-founder and president of Major League Gaming (MLG), will serve as its Senior Vice President.

"Celebrating our players and their unique skill, dedication and commitment is the essence of our esports initiatives," saidBobby Kotick, Chief Executive Officer of Activision Blizzard. "Blizzard Entertainment and Activision Publishing have been leaders in the development of esports. With that leadership, our strong franchises, our deep history and experience in esports, and now two additional industry leaders, we intend to further enhance our efforts and make certain this remains an important growth driver for Activision Blizzard."

Kotickadded, "There are no better leaders for this new initiative than Steve and Mike. Steve has unparalleled experience in creating a sports network powerhouse and his groundbreaking leadership at ESPN and the NFL Network shaped how the whole world experiences sports. Mike's entrepreneurial vision helped make 'esports' a household word and he is uniquely positioned to take the experience to the next level."

"Last year, Activision Blizzard created entertainment that was viewed and played by over 150 million people for more than 13 billion hours," said Steve Bornstein, Chairman of the new division and former CEO of ESPN and the NFL Network. "I believe esports will rival the biggest traditional sports leagues in terms of future opportunities, and between advertising, ticket sales, licensing, sponsorships and merchandising, there are tremendous growth areas for this nascent industry. I'm excited to help Activision Blizzard further its leadership position in esports."

"As a member of the esports community for over 12 years, I couldn't be more excited for the future of the sport. I am confident that the company's industry-leading content will capture the many opportunities we have to entertain and celebrate our players," saidMike Sepso, Senior Vice President for Activision Blizzard. "Activision Blizzard is uniquely positioned to give millions of fans around the world what they want, and I'm excited to help support this community in a way that honors its history."

Activision Blizzard has a rich history in esports:

Blizzard Entertainment's StarCraft? was the early pioneer in large-scale mainstream, televised esports, since the 1990s.
Blizzard Entertainment has many of the world's biggest and most beloved esports competitions. This year's BlizzCon? event will take place November 6-7 in Anaheim, Calif. and will feature the global finals for StarCraft? II, World of Warcraft?, Heroes of the StormT and Hearthstone?. Players have been competing for more than $4 million in prizes across Road to BlizzCon tournaments.
Earlier this year, Blizzard Entertainment launched Heroes of the DormT, the first collegiate esports event to be televised on ESPN2. More than 6,000 collegiate players, representing 460-plus schools, competed in the tournament with the winning team from UC Berkeley securing the grand prize of fully-paid tuition for each of its members.
Activision Publishing hosts the annual Call of Duty Championship. Call of Duty? is the top console esports franchise in the world.
On September 24, 2015, Activision Publishing announced the creation of the Call of Duty? World League, which provides a $3 million prize pool to professional and amateur players.
Since its launch, Destiny has become the most watched console game on Twitch.

stop-trying-to-m2eico.jpg

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Shouldnt they make a game that people enjoy watching? Twitch viewership doesn't bode well for this. Maybe hearthstone will be a big hit in this.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Shouldnt they make a game that people enjoy watching? Twitch viewership doesn't bode well for this. Maybe hearthstone will be a big hit in this.
I'm thinking they're banking on Hearthstone and Overwatch to be the core of this "e-sports" bullshit they think they can pull off. They're seeing some "success" with games like Destiny and CoD...but including WoW in that announcement is fucking laughable. This game hasn't been even remotely close to an e-sport for nearly half a decade or more.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Overwatch looks fun but does it really stand out from any other fps?
We both know an individual that is chomping at the bit for some Overwatch!

Joking aside, I think the market is open for an FPS with Blizzard-polish. I have a battle.net friends list and most of those guys seem to exclusively play Blizzard games. They bounce between them because it just feels comfortable to them. Trying to get them to play an FPS in a different eco-system is really difficult, for a myriad of reasons (learning curve, box cost, perception of griefing or toxicity).

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
My point is they are trying to chase Riot size popularity with this kind of announcement. At least that's the impression I got when I read that.

I'm not an fps guy so I have no idea if there is room in that market.