World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rime

<Donor>
The only reason to come back now would be to farm old achievement points, get characters to 100 (where you will park them for Legion), raid WoD End Boss Mounts (Archimonde Fel Reaver or Blackhand mount. Both currently have a 100% drop rate of 1 mount per kill, will go to 1% when 7.0 drops), or to get the Moose Mount from Archimonde Heroic/Mythic that is being added in 6.2.3.

DavivMcD

Peasant
The shityard is the worst content they have ever done in any expansion.
It's not great, but it doesn't quite get to wear the title of 'worst'.

1.10: Dungeon Armor Sets 2.0!
1.12: EPL and Silithus PvP Objectives!
2.2: VOICE CHAT!
5.1: Operation Shieldwall / Dominance Offensive!

and of course:

6.1: ......balance changes?

xzi

Mouthbreather
In all seriousness: Wait for Legion.
Pretty much. I would say I got my moneys worth out of WoD for sure, but I wouldn't suggest anyone to buy it. Even if you do buy it, I guess you can get a good month out of it.

September is a very fucking long time away, I don't know how high blizzard actually is.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Here's to hoping. They did also say closed beta starts in a few weeks. I love the new features they want to add though, it's just a matter of them actually adding them. They're pretty good at promising stuff at blizzcon.

Bruman

Golden Squire
The fact that all their dates were vague "few weeks for beta" and "summer for launch" aren't great signs. It just means they don't know. So who knows.

Also we should play "what announced features will actually make it"

xzi

Mouthbreather
Not really. Go find any game being worked on that has an absolute set date 8 months before release.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You give vague time frames so that you don't get roasted if catastrophe makes you miss them. If you're earlier than the vague timeframe's end-point, people are happy.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm sure they are trying to coincide the release of the game and the movie... wouldn't be surprised if they were aiming for a Tuesday release of the game following a Friday release of the movie. But like others have said, "Fall 2016" gives them plenty of cover if they need it.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They can't legally release the game later than September 21st. Whether it is ready or not the game will be out on that date at the latest.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
After watching "the future of Starcraft 2" I am thankful that we are getting something beyond skins and "micro adventures". Except the Overwatch team - Jeff Kaplan was a beacon, really - every franchise smelled "we are telling you how excited we are and how awesome things will be, but honestly we are fully out of ideas and marking took over". Hearthstone shitting out expansions from wow lore/trademarks, same with HOTS, my favorite, the"Blood and Treasure" Diablo panel, where the guy sold the fixing of a really broken game system as major milestone in gaming history. Also "set dungeons" and "guaranteed loot".

Really looking forward to legion if they can deliver all they announced. Also Overwatch will surely be a nice filler game

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They can't legally release the game later than September 21st. Whether it is ready or not the game will be out on that date at the latest.
lol, OK. I'm going to guess if you read the pre-order agreement there's plenty of crossed-fingers going on there.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Let me know if you can find any example of a successful lawsuit against a video game company for delaying release of a game.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
They said Summer yesterday so probably looking at a June/July release (hopefully).
Summer ends in September, there's no chance we get a June/July release. Blizzard is the slowest fucking developer in the business, they'll drop this expansion on Sept. 21 and say "hey, we said summer!".

Cybsled

I never bothered playing Warlords because Brewmasters got nerfed hardcore before the expansion came out. How are they now?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Surely you have an example, then?
Shit man, I'm posting from my bed. I don't have time to do your research for you. I'm sure Blizz's attorneys have them put that no later than date on there for shits and giggles.