World of Warcraft: Current Year

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is Leeroy a pain in the ass to get in UBRS? I got into a group and they didn't want to do it. :/
It isn't hard but does require a competent and semi-geared tank and a good healer. You have to speed pull trash so having a tank who isn't taking a bunch of spikes helps out.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I have ~350 rocks so far.

6.1 has the engine updates too, right? Point lighting enhancements (very nice actually), the return of MSAA, and more AO options. Or is that future shit? I stopped keeping up with the patch note of the day because it was getting too confusing.

I think the only change left in for hunters is a MM mastery buff?

But yeah, not much in the way of actual new shit to do, just enhancements. Not that I really care right now while hip deep in progression.

Best part will be clearing out a bag full of follower upgrade items.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have ~350 rocks so far.

6.1 has the engine updates too, right? Point lighting enhancements (very nice actually), the return of MSAA, and more AO options. Or is that future shit? I stopped keeping up with the patch note of the day because it was getting too confusing.

I think the only change left in for hunters is a MM mastery buff?

But yeah, not much in the way of actual new shit to do, just enhancements. Not that I really care right now while hip deep in progression.

Best part will be clearing out a bag full of follower upgrade items.
That and the new heirloom system. Have gold saved up for purchasing everything that I do not have and upgrading them.

Diamyr_sl

shitlord
I told my guild I was done raiding last night, just wasn't having enough fun to keep dedicating 3 nights a week to the raid game. Maybe if they had been performing up to the bar we set earlier in the expansion as a 'mythic guild' instead of slowly declining in performance. 3/7M HM was a disappointment and BRF isn't fairing any better. As it stands now I can find better things to do with those 3 nights, starting with a PS4 purchase.

Anyway if anyone needs a 680 mage for anything feel free to add me - Diay#1544, if i'm online i'll be happy to help.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Oh god the heirloom shit with the lv1 mount is going to turn into a slew of abandoned level 50ish chars for sure.

PS: Our Mythic roster still needs deeps. Red Shore Area-52. The recruitment blurb on wowprogress is still up to date I believe. We only went 2/7 HM pre-BRF but we were also pugging like 4 slots at the time. And 8/10 BRF at 675 ilevel is apparently pretty strong.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
That and the new heirloom system. Have gold saved up for purchasing everything that I do not have and upgrading them.
Also if you are interested in heirlooms work on the lunar festival stuff. Once 6.1 goes live since lunar festival will still be active you should be able to use those currencies to purchase things to upgrade herilooms from 60-90 and 90-100.

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I told my guild I was done raiding last night, just wasn't having enough fun to keep dedicating 3 nights a week to the raid game. Maybe if they had been performing up to the bar we set earlier in the expansion as a 'mythic guild' instead of slowly declining in performance. 3/7M HM was a disappointment and BRF isn't fairing any better. As it stands now I can find better things to do with those 3 nights, starting with a PS4 purchase.

Anyway if anyone needs a 680 mage for anything feel free to add me - Diay#1544, if i'm online i'll be happy to help.
Exactly in the same boat. Tonight is my last raid. 678 resto druid. I really had a lot of fun with this expansion but hit a wall... Guess I'm just too old for this shit.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So Apexis Crystal items in 6.1 go up to ilevel 670 yet Raid Finder is 650 with very terrible item budgeting? This seems just wacky to me. At this point I think the sole reason for someone to do Raid Finder BRF is for rune stones for the legendary.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So Apexis Crystal items in 6.1 go up to ilevel 670 yet Raid Finder is 650 with very terrible item budgeting? This seems just wacky to me. At this point I think the sole reason for someone to do Raid Finder BRF is for rune stones for the legendary.
The apexis stuff from what I saw is pretty terrible stat wise with most of the pieces being super versatility heavy so for most classes its an okay filler but not a great upgrade over the LFR stuff if you get the LFR 4 piece bonus.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I think Apexis is for non-raiders who just want shit to do/goals to work towards. These people smoke a bowl and farm while watching netflix, ARPG style. I can't imagine many people that are legitimately working towards Apexis actually understand stat weighting or give a shit. ilVL handles 100 percent of their needs.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Everytime i see an ilvl 670+ person pulling under 20k dps i want to stab them through my pc because you know theyre either half assing it or terribad

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
That used to be me. Pack a bowl, plop some Avatar and do an Apexis Daily.

But haven't done those in like 2 months, it's just not worth it. Apexis is bullshit, and other than doing them for the legendary quest line, you shouldn't bother with them. Maybe if itemization wasn't that crappy, also those items are so fucking expensive:

Let's say, the cheapest item as an example, 3000 Apexis for a 630 Head, 6-3-0. Two heroic dungeon runs can get you that. Or running all 4 LFRs can get you a Head that's at least 650. What's the effort on getting 3000 Apexis? Well, Pit was nerfed so the 'missions' are now 900/each a day. That's at least 3 days (not counting crystals here and there from garrison or the like).
Now, for the 645 Upgrade, that's 11.500 Crystals (+ the 3000 from the 630). At 900crystals/d, that's 12 days at least only to get those 11.5k crystals!
For the final 655 one, it's 20.000 Crystals. (+ 11.5 + 3k). At 900/day, lets say 19 days.

So, to get a 655 item, with Apexis Crystals, you need to do your Apexis daily for 34 days, and that's only to get ONE piece. Fucking ridiculous. During those 34 days you can run LFR 4 times, there are 4 wings open, that's 16 LFR runs that will yield lets say 5 650+ epics.

Am I missing something? Is this supposed to be this stupid? After the legendary necessary Apexis are USELESS.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Are they going to require you do the full apexis gear ladder to get the 670 shit? I mean if they want people to actually use the apexis gear, I'd say that whatever you could farm up within about a week would be a reasonable price for the 670 and dump the whole ladder of shit. I had about 18k saved up when I stopped doing the dailies a month or so back. I've just been spending them on seals each week.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Am I missing something? Is this supposed to be this stupid? After the legendary necessary Apexis are USELESS.
It's not for you, its for people who don't want to raid. That's the only thing that makes sense. It's for the tons of people who fuck around with bpets, transmogs, gold farming, etc etc... who absolutely hate raiding and rarely (if ever) group.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
This being my second week of doing Lfr for the first time I can't believe you can call that grouping.
Many people define grouping as: anything even remotely contingent upon other players. There are a sizable amount of people who play MMOs to be in a persistent world but have absolutely zero interest in any social interaction.