World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Grandiose items are randomly given Missions in your Garrison.

Do not worry about them if you are level 100. On Tuesday, the intro to unlock Tanaan quest line gives you four 650 item tokens (Baleful Treads, Baleful Tunic, Baleful Gauntlets, Baleful Girdle) and at the end, a different token that will upgrade a 650 Baleful token to 695.

The 650 base item tokens drop randomly throughout Tanaan from rares and can be found from some treasures. You can alsobuythem for Apexis. 5k for a 650 Armor/Trinket/Ring/Neck Token. 10k for a 650 Weapon Token. You can then buy theUpgradeitem for 20,000 Apexis each. It will upgrade a TOKEN to 695.

Sort of like the Burdens of Eternity and the Timeless Isle tokens. Do not use a token if you intend to upgrade it. You must upgrade it first.
Whelp that makes everything I've done for the past couple days worthless.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Plus in the Emerald Dream there's so much potential to just do whatever the shit they want. Although I guess it would ruin the idea of it, since it's supposed to be Azeroth as if Azeroth was never populated by intelligent races/us.
If your google-fu is strong, you can find the interview where one of the devs said that Emerald Dream would never be a full blown expansion - maybe a content patch sized area, but never the thematic focus of an expansion. The reasoning was that there wasn't enough interesting (or at least diverse) activities and areas in the Emerald Dream (started to shorten that to ED and chuckled).

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Do not use a token if you intend to upgrade it. You must upgrade it first.
My understanding from reading the Q&A is that unlike the Burden of Eternity the Empowered Apexis Fragment token is applied to the finished item. With the way WoD items have randomized secondary stats this allows you to pick the item you want to upgrade instead of getting stuck with a shitty double versatility 695 item. No incentive to sit on unopened Baleful tokens, just don't vendor them if the 695 version would be an upgrade.

Rime

<Donor>
My understanding from reading the Q&A is that unlike the Burden of Eternity the Empowered Apexis Fragment token is applied to the finished item. With the way WoD items have randomized secondary stats this allows you to pick the item you want to upgrade instead of getting stuck with a shitty double versatility 695 item. No incentive to sit on unopened Baleful tokens, just don't vendor them if the 695 version would be an upgrade.
You may very well be right and if so, I am sorry for being wrong!

I am only going from second-hand information as I did not read the Q&A and the last time I was on the PTR was well before the Tanaan intro. Thank you.

---

As for it having been a waste of time, Sutekh: It still takes 25-30k Apexis to get a 695. Which is nothing to sneeze at. It costs 3,100 Garrison Resources (GR) to get enough of the Missives to 'quick' stock 25,000 Apexis. So, unless you have been building up to capping at 60,000 before 6.2, it is still quite a farm to get to the required amount.

Not to mention there is an 'awesome' re-skin of the Dread Raven (First time a CE mount has had a re-skin in the same expansion it launched in?) for 150,000 Apexis.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
A free 695? Nice, I can use that to fill out a hole in my gear and then I can just save apexis for the mount. I'll maybe upgrade some crafted slots, whatever, its not like I'm doing anything else with my gold.

After many good runs of getting to the good part of iron maidens we fell short, and had no tanks around to finish the job on thurs. Kind of a bummer because we were definitely creeping close. Guild attrition hit HARD the last three weeks so Tuesday's reunion should be interesting. I sincerely hope they quit with this "long fight that is only interesting for the last minute" shit because being boat bitch was SO FUCKING BORING. I had much more fun on reps where we were alternating boat hunters (for stampede) and I at least got to dodge bombs instead of doing some super simple 5-man boss. Sure, I'm spoiled because I can feign/deterrence any random crap that should happen to target me, so the whole fight is easy as shit for me. But people dying to like, rapid fire before the first boat... aldkjflwskejflksjd

Stomping the crap out of everyone on turret damage was fun.

I think the assumption is we're all going marksman in 6.2. And once we go 4-piece, doubling down and going focusing shot. Sigh. Optimal dps will be slightly harder and AOE will suck dick but less RNG, I guess? Having reliable burst as BM was annoying anyway. MM will be 100x better there. Just... no running around like a retard just because I can. I got so much free healing just from grabbing up monk bubbles to keep me busy. I started to like BM, even if it was streaky as fuck and pets could screw me. (was funny watching hunters boat dps vary by a million+ from rep to rep just based on bwrath procs) At least I got my top Gruul parses in like a good boy.

I've looked up nothing about the new fights. Don't plan to. yolo as fuck.

Ugh, MM. So I'll be mashing 3 buttons and trying to move in 3 second increments and... that's it.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I wish I wasn't so anal about grinding reps. I'm thinking of just fucking off on my paladin and rerolling something else. I like healing but I've been doing it for 11 years & I've never been a fan of melee combat. Denounce/holy shock isn't exactly the best grinding tool out there, lmao. But I feel like I lose so much switching characters.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Rogue with cloak & dagger makes you forget all the shittyness of melee dps while out leveling. It's so fucking fun...

But, much like hunter, totally spoils you on everything else.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Been playing the PTR lately and man that prot paladin 4 piece is tits. Soooo much shit you can solo in Tanaan Jungle because of constant dmg absorption. Sure the rares with like 6mil hp still take 10 minutes to kill but you have no chance of dying.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Are the Tanaan tokens properly itemized or are they trash like a lot of the Timeless gear was in MoP? IIRC a lot of the Timeless gear sucked because it only had one secondary stat instead of two.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Are the Tanaan tokens properly itemized or are they trash like a lot of the Timeless gear was in MoP? IIRC a lot of the Timeless gear sucked because it only had one secondary stat instead of two.
Random secondary stat lottery fuckery.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Ya primary stats are always the same for your spec and secondary are randomized. So dont upgrade a piece unless its the perfect stats you want.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Crit or crit, hooray!

Actually the variance is so low that who gives a fuck. Top the meters by being alive at the end of the fight.

I had to point out that my ilevel was inflated because I took non-optimal pieces because loot that is an upgrade getting disenchanted because of min-maxing dorks is fucking retarded.

Not that I ever actually was awarded any loot. I bonus rolled it all. My ilevel was inflated because I was wearing sub-optimal pieces that I rolled for free. And it barely fucking mattered because BM stats are balanced as fuck. (MM not so much)

Something I plan on taking full advantage of next week every time something I want drops.

New bonus roll tokens seems like such a waste. So people have 10 bonus rolls week 1, so fucking what? We'd burn through that shit fast. Whatever.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Crit or crit, hooray!

Actually the variance is so low that who gives a fuck. Top the meters by being alive at the end of the fight.

I had to point out that my ilevel was inflated because I took non-optimal pieces because loot that is an upgrade getting disenchanted because of min-maxing dorks is fucking retarded.

Not that I ever actually was awarded any loot. I bonus rolled it all. My ilevel was inflated because I was wearing sub-optimal pieces that I rolled for free. And it barely fucking mattered because BM stats are balanced as fuck. (MM not so much)

Something I plan on taking full advantage of next week every time something I want drops.

New bonus roll tokens seems like such a waste. So people have 10 bonus rolls week 1, so fucking what? We'd burn through that shit fast. Whatever.
Yeah they just needed a way to annoy people who've not unsub'd and waited around hoarding things, its obvious you should unsub and come back the day off since your previous work will mean shit anyways!

Notch_sl

shitlord
I wish I wasn't so anal about grinding reps. . .
If one is playing Alliance and has not yet hit Exalted with Sha'tari Defense (believe this faction is attached to a Trading Post - Level 2/3); best get on it before the patch hits. Information is scarce, however, from what some have posted, the current method of grinding Sha'tari Defense rep will be nerfed in 6.2. Presently, you can group up in Talador along the Path of Glory, specifically near the gates to Tanaan (near where we last fought Azuka Bladefury (Bladefury's Command)/completed the Garona assassination quest) and grind, in a group, on packs of mobs that give approximately 20 rep/kill with a rather quick respawn rate.

It took me under three hours to go from Neutral to Exalted. Exalted nets you a unique mount (ground only, so meh), two toys, a follower, tabard, some unique plate xmog gear and a clicky to Karabor.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The mount just costs too much for me to care rn to be honest. But I'm rockin' horde, grinding out Laughing Skull slowly over the last week or so. I'm about to hit revered but I haven't really sat there and dealt with it all day yet. They already nerfed the Laughing Skull grind where you could step in puddles to give yourself a ton of +dmg that stacked, missed the boat on that one haha. Oh whale.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Wait, to fly all you need are 3 new Tanaan reps that aren't in the game yet, right? Why is everyone doing the trading post rep all of a sudden?

Slightly related, has anyone actually bothered to get the auctioneer bot in their garrison? It would cost like 60k on my server at the cheapest, or instead you can just mail stuff to an auction house alt as usual.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Wait, to fly all you need are 3 new Tanaan reps that aren't in the game yet, right? Why is everyone doing the trading post rep all of a sudden?
My guess, in addition to plain misinformation, is that people are just trying to get it done before 6.2 knowing that most of people will switch to Tanaan reps and groups will dry up. That and there's nothing else to do if you already have loremaster and explorer done.

Any word on a rare timer mod for Tanaan? I really don't want to install one but if oil is gated behind completing your daily kills it might save a ton of running around.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Slightly related, has anyone actually bothered to get the auctioneer bot in their garrison? It would cost like 60k on my server at the cheapest, or instead you can just mail stuff to an auction house alt as usual.
Didn't even try. Everyone in my guild stuffs the auction parts in the guild bank, and whoever does pvp usually picks them when they finish their pvp part. Being on a PVE server means the PVP part is the most rare.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Making the Auctioneer was kind of expensive but I just waited a few weeks and got most of the parts myself. There's always an Ashran group going and LFR is easy mode.

That said, you should look at both individual parts or the full item to turn into for the auctioneer. For all but 1 of the items on my server, the single item was cheaper than all the parts requires to make it. People would put up like one of the PvP parts for 15k and the full item would be 10k.

I still have a bank character though so.. it doesn't really affect me but I do get some weird joy out of opening my garrison to everyone that wants to join on the group finder thing. Lots of people wanting chanters and auctions it seems.