World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
And the crafting profs have an absolutely teeth-grinding array of slow quests you have to do to unlock patterns/upgrade patterns, so that should keep the crafter #s down at launch, which in turn drives up profitability. The tradeskills are also dependent on materials produced by other professions, so if you get multiple characters capped/harvesting/producing specialty goods early you can produce a more efficient craft engine than the 1-character folks who have to buy their secondary mats from the AH.

Which sucks for me, since it means leveling at least 4 other characters on my new server, or dropping the money on transfering the old crafters. WTB Bulk Character Move Option Blizz.
I have to level my alchemist just so I can learn the transmute meat to pants skill just so I can say I can do it.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
My gaming mag has a weird rumor about the expansion hitting the shelves on June 30.

They also implied the need for a full salt shaker drawing along with the info, but still. Anyone heard that one somewhere?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If I know Blizzard it will be released the last possible day of summer.
Not lately. They've been more apt to push out games sooner rather than later. OW is being released almost a full month ahead of their "soft" release date they announced.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
My gaming mag has a weird rumor about the expansion hitting the shelves on June 30.

They also implied the need for a full salt shaker drawing along with the info, but still. Anyone heard that one somewhere?
I think it will depend how comfortable they are with the prepatch not being fully balanced numbers wise. I am guessing the prepatch is going to be live for a month or two that will have all the spec/wardrobe basic infrastructure changes. I could see them possibly cropping some of the beta just to get the numbers good enough for the month or two lead up to actual launch. They are going to want the prepatch to come either before or right on the heels of the movie launch if at all physically possible. They are not going to want to have brand new people lured in by the movie start playing and then a month or two later have to totally relearn their characters again.

Dis

Confirmed Male
It will be interesting to see if they have to do a crunch to get Legion out before the movie releases. Kaid has a good point, but it can go both ways. WoW:The Movie could suck balls and actually hurt Legion, so does it gamble and wait until the bad hype dies down? Or does it rush the release to beat the movie for better or for worse so that Legion sells dont suffer, and to Kaid's point of people having to completely relearn their characters.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't think the movie can hurt sales at all. People who are going to play Legion are going to play Legion regardless of the movie. It is only upside for the player base of WoW.

Dis

Confirmed Male
I don't think the movie can hurt sales at all. People who are going to play Legion are going to play Legion regardless of the movie. It is only upside for the player base of WoW.
Differing opinion on that one. You are right, current player-base, probably wont make a difference. But for people who have taken an extended break from the game and maybe fringe players? The movie can certainly influence whether or not they at least play for a couple of months or more.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Differing opinion on that one. You are right, current player-base, probably wont make a difference. But for people who have taken an extended break from the game and maybe fringe players? The movie can certainly influence whether or not they at least play for a couple of months or more.
I don't see how the movie will impact a player on break. Oh man that movie sucked so I'm not going to touch this totally unrelated game that I already know is a solid game!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
That and it sounds like they are floating some rewards/bonuses if you go to the movie and current players if they have stuck around this long will go see the movie if only to get the freebies. Even if it does not do great with the freebies its still more than likely a plus for the game long run getting some new people to take a look at it or take another look at it. It seems foolish at best if they are in alpha/beta already to not try to capture what boost they can from the movie as best as they can.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
For anyone who's done the Blood Infusion quest for Shadowmourne, you should be able to do it with just one Warlock helping right? Soulstone has a 10 minute cooldown but lasts 15 minutes so you should be able to bite just them 3 times.

Cast soulstone, wait til it's almost off cooldown, engage Blood Queen, get bit, bite warlock, warlock dies.
Warlock resurrects, casts soulstone again, you bite, warlock dies.
Warlock resurrects and you bite last time.

That should work unless I'm missing something right?

Dom_sl

shitlord
Hey guys, did you hear? Jesus Illidan the Holy is going to save us all using his holy Warglaives of shitty-fanfiction-writing

Dis

Confirmed Male
I don't see how the movie will impact a player on break. Oh man that movie sucked so I'm not going to touch this totally unrelated game that I already know is a solid game!
Extended break means someone who has quit for year(s)

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wish I had alpha acess, just to test personally the stuff they are implementing. For the few specs I'm following, the changes are mostly shit covered in shit and the reasoning behind those changes are retarded, to say it mildly.

Where to start? Let's go from arbitrarily removing skills because they don't like them or because [insert random reason here].
Let's say we start from Mistweavers: the whole mana, chi and mana tea mechanic is gone, statue is gone and made a talent, fistweaving is gone, the spec also loses Touch of Death and will be forever stuck in mana starvation mode according to Blizzard, because reasons (there is no spirit boost in later tiers to make up for this, unlike the previous expansions). Apparently healers won't have to be GCD locked or follow the ABC paradigm anymore (Always Be Casting) that made padding meters a sort of minigame by itself. I believe, if this shit goes through, you are going to wait hours in queue for healers, they are making a thankless job even harder to stomach, especially when you'll have to drink every other pull and those retarded superheroes tanks won't stop and complain that they died because "healers suck".

Let's move to hunters: they are making SV one of the most uninteresting melees of all times, pruning skills such as Disengage just to name one that could have added some mobility to the spec, they all got a serious hard on for this MM dark ranger "fantasy" where you summon skeletons (wtf does this have to do with hunters?), meanwhile BM is there sitting there with a thumb up its ass waiting for focus to regen based on RNG procs, since having builder-spender isn't appreciated anymore and Celestalon (poor guy taking the piss for the team) said something like "if you are GCD locked focus becomes meaningless, so suck it up and wait for buttons to light up before pushing them" (paraphrased of course), which is going to be paired with "just pop enrage" in the hall of fame of retarded things spouted by a developer.

Shadow priest is becoming a convoluted mess of a spec, but at least with all that haste, it'll be frenetic to play and give a new meaning to the "GCD locked" expression. I'm confident that they'll manage to nerf the fun out of it before release and making a shit-tier of a dps class, like it always was. Sucks I won't have Life Grip anymore (glyphed, to save my arse usually).
Discipline has become... I don't know, a fucking lot of work for nothing is what I suspect. Good riddance to PW: S spamming, but this short duration atonements, must be field tested before fully juding them. It won't be a relaxing spec for sure with so much target swapping (or macro galore), which I kinda like I think, as long as it's rewarding to master.
Holy priest: again Celestalon said it's not going to cast something every 1,5s and Renew will be changed to shitty level of healing so you'll enjoy the wonderful spell named "heal" much more, which means it'll be such compelling gameplay that I'd have to slap myself to stay awake. At least there is discipline.

I didn't follow much the other classes/specs, but if forums are an indication, all the ones I read are not happy at all (which is standard whining in front of change I guess), because the devs are making most specs brainless to play (see Beastmaster hunters), with few little things to look for or specs that are such a gigantic mess with no AoE capacity at all (for example subtlety rogues). Just using this example, I think rogues asked about some form of decent AoE for Subtlety, because in a world of artifact weapons to be levelled, swapping specs for ST/AoE will suck gargantuescan elephant cocks and when answering about the issue, if I understood that right, devs (poor Celestalon again I think) said "haha, we don't care, swap spec or something, we're okay with some specs doing blowjobs in certain situations" (paraphrased of course).

I read that Arcane mages are mildly satisfied, maybe some other specs are okay for those diehards that never play anything else, but I didn't delve too deep, I follow mainly the classes I play the most.

This been said I don't like their "new" idea of tanking and healing, I loved WoD tanking, it was the only well made part of the expansion and healing was okay-ish too, if only because tanks could help themselves for a few moments, while healers saved the rest of the group/raid. Aside from too much Uplift spam, healing as a Mistweaver and Discipline/Holy priest was quite fun. I enjoyed paladin less and druids with Germination had a fuckton of shit to keep track of, which made them interesting (together with spamming Wrath proccing heals for low healing periods). Shamans were damn good healers as usual, but a tad more boring without castable on the run Lightning Bolt to regen mana like in the past.

It's alpha, so I expect a lot of changes, but if history is an indication, many of those will suck. I hope for the best.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It's alpha, so I expect a lot of changes, but if history is an indication, many of those will suck. I hope for the best.
From what you hear on the patch notes and CM posts, they should have locked down more or less "how" they want those classes to play. They're going to tweak the numbers, but not the dynamics.

(which is why the "June 30" sounds possible. Mildly surprising, but possible)

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Tried the new Brewmaster this weekend. Sucked shit, did they hire phone game devs to design classes this expansion? You have like 3 cooldowns to press on cooldown and you spam jab. it fucking sucks. It's awesome to play right now, it didn't even require a god damn change.