World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Farming SoO for timewalking isn't really worth it unless you're chasing a specific set bonus. If you want to build a baller TW set your priority is:

Weapon: Any legendary from past expansions. Shadowmourne for melee, Dragonwrath for casters, etc.
Cloak: MoP legendary cloak. If you don't have it then get a cloak with as many sockets as you can.
Rings: 715 version of legendary ring (the 735 sucks because of how it scales). Max faction Icecrown ring for the other one.
Sets: Any 2pc that has a static spellpower/attack proc or bonus,Conqueror's Kirin Tor Gauntletsfor example is incredibly powerful for casters because it doesn't scale down.
Rest: Every other slot that isn't going towards a set bonus you want max sockets possible.Bracers of Unconquered Powerfor example is BIS for cloth DPS because of the 2 sockets.

Put +10 stat gems in all of your sockets or +5stat/+10 secondary if you need for set bonuses.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I mentioned SoO just for Cata TW. Shadowmourne/ICC gear won't scale up so it's no good for Cata and since that's coming up next I figured I'd farm some stuff up quick if possible. I thought SoO gear had a bunch of sockets?

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I've played a hunter since vanilla and I feel as though they're going full retard with the class. For me, and many other hunters it seems, the whole point of the class was to be a pet wielding, ranged, physical DPS class. The different specs just gave flavour to the different aspects of it (BM focusing on the pet, MM focusing on the weapon, and Survival on utility).

Now, BM is the only real pet build. MM has been turned into a kind of mail armour wearing mage. And Survival? It's as if some dev was up late one night smoking pot and stumbled uppon that old melee hunter character and decided that this was the new thing.

If it weren't for the fact that I have far too much attachment to my hunter then I would be thinking about rerolling. As is, I'll probably be BM for all of the next expansion. :/

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a class not getting changed for the worse? It seems like I either hear a spec/class is much worse or just changed. Are there any classes where the change has been positive? I believe the Paladin is the only one I have heard positive things about and of course that means it will be nerfed.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there a class not getting changed for the worse? It seems like I either hear a spec/class is much worse or just changed. Are there any classes where the change has been positive? I believe the Paladin is the only one I have heard positive things about and of course that means it will be nerfed.
We are still in take everything with a grain of salt mode yet. The talents and in some cases abilities are changing patch to patch and no damage/healing balance pass has really been done yet so some specs that may be fine are under tuned so people are complaining. I would be more concerned if once the basic talents abilities are finalized and they start doing damage/healing numbers passes things are still not good.

Hunters seem like they are going through some of the bigger changes and so have more teething pains than most. Survival was completly remade. Marksman was petless until one of the last patches where it has a pet back and you have to talent to go petless. Beast mastery is just weird at the moment. The devs have made some acknowlegements that none of the specs are currently really hitting the main hunter fantasy or even what people have liked with them up to this point. Of the three marksman seems like it is probably in the best shape.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not looking at numbers in the least, but at mechanics, their concept of class fantasy and subsequent pruning of skills in order to give them only to certain specs or as talents, has pretty much fucked the gameplay.

Example? BM hunter used to have a builder, cobra shot, that gave focus and several spenders: kill command on cd, barrage or glaive when available and arcane shot as a focus dump. In AoE it used mutishot once every 4 seconds to trigger beast cleave (pet going crazy point blank aoe) and eventually Barrage on cooldown. A focus builder had to be weaved in between spenders, there was a rythm to it, it was quite fun to be honest, considering mobility could be mantained 100% of the time.
Now there is no more builder, except Dire Beast, which has a 12s cooldown and lasts 8s, so it's basically something to push whenever it's available. This makes the gameplay as dull as is possible to imagine and nothing can spice it up with no focus builder to plan and use.

Tanks are in the same boat, active mitigation is pretty much something you just push on cooldown, else you get destroyed and for the few specs I checked it's quite possible to have an uptime very close to 100% (so far). Blood Death Knight has become sleep-inducing, a good cure for insomnia. Brewmaster are receiving horrible feedback, partially covered by the fact their numbers were blatantly overtuned (so window lickers think it's all good). Mistweavers are way too boring and simple to play, Subtlety rogues, remember those guys that "had their concerns heard" and were already "alpha revamped" some time ago during the early stages of alpha, are now in a mess of a spec that nobody seem to like.

As I said, being alpha, most of the stuff is heavily subject to change, but we're also 4 or 5 months from release (maybe?) and I don't expect many more iterations, between bug fixing and number tuning they still have a lot of stuff to do.

Oh... artifacts are basically the old school talent trees, put back in the game, just more boring.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If they release all the classes shitty, then they can call the patch that fixes them a content patch without having to spend time or resources making any content!

Wonder if Legion will only have 1 content patch, with the intention of charging for yearly expansions... except that one content patch will last two years as they flounder through the expansion crafting process.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I mentioned SoO just for Cata TW. Shadowmourne/ICC gear won't scale up so it's no good for Cata and since that's coming up next I figured I'd farm some stuff up quick if possible. I thought SoO gear had a bunch of sockets?
It's true that Shadowmourne/ICC gear doesn't scale up but it's not really a problem. Set bonuses and sockets more than make up for ilvl not scaling up. Anyways I'm didn't mean to sound like farming SoO is a terrible idea or anything, just that you should prioritize set bonuses and max sockets for any leftover slots, and I wouldn't worry about the ilvl of the gear. SoO does have pretty good sockets on most slots (besides wrist).

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I miss being able to enchant and gem all my gear. That was one of the changes I hated the most in WoD.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The scream of that sheep staff has to be a clickie effect. I would do many things to acquire that legendary staff.

Dom_sl

shitlord
I've played a hunter since vanilla and I feel as though they're going full retard with the class. For me, and many other hunters it seems, the whole point of the class was to be a pet wielding, ranged, physical DPS class. The different specs just gave flavour to the different aspects of it (BM focusing on the pet, MM focusing on the weapon, and Survival on utility).

Now, BM is the only real pet build. MM has been turned into a kind of mail armour wearing mage. And Survival? It's as if some dev was up late one night smoking pot and stumbled uppon that old melee hunter character and decided that this was the new thing.

If it weren't for the fact that I have far too much attachment to my hunter then I would be thinking about rerolling. As is, I'll probably be BM for all of the next expansion. :/
What? You mean you don't want to be a part of an epic class fantasy? You don't want to partake in the arbitrary acquisition of an artifact weapon so awesome that we've never heard of it before? You may think you don't, but you do!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Boosting a Rogue to 100 seems like a big mistake coming from a Mage and a Hunter. It's a ton more work right now to do dailies and shit.

Edit: I actually used my 90 boost on him and leveled him to 100. Doing dailies is a huge pain because he's under geared.

Dom_sl

shitlord
Boosting a Rogue to 100 seems like a big mistake coming from a Mage and a Hunter. It's a ton more work right now to do dailies and shit.

Edit: I actually used my 90 boost on him and leveled him to 100. Doing dailies is a huge pain because he's under geared.
Take him to the throne of KJ and fly around looting the crystals that give resources/good chance of a baleful item. Use the server hop addon to just switch around to different servers on each pass. You'll have him decked out in Baleful warforged in no time.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Or stealth around in Ashran collecting fragments from the stumps/traveler's packs

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Or stealth around in Ashran collecting fragments from the stumps/traveler's packs
He has a bunch of balefuls Weapons though are his weakspot. I like my Hunter way too much out of all my characters. She's just so effortless to get good dps. She's in 703 gear and I can usually get in the top 3 of DPS. I hate my Mage's run of power because it never fails a mob throws his shit on it and I have to recast it. bleh. I"m just fail with him dps wise.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Man this cross realm shit sucks dick when you're trying to quest. Hunter in the low 50's and I'm wondering if I'm lagging hard because literally EVERYTHING is dead. Nothing spawned anywhere. Nope not lag it's the 15-20 other assholes taking all of *my* quest mobs. Fucking faggots!!! Yeah I know dungeon queue is the way to go but I'm too lazy right now to interact with other human beings. bleh