World of Warcraft: Current Year

Djay

Trakanon Raider
As someone that recently came back with one character at 85 and a gifted 90, I'll say that it's worth going through the stories if you enjoy questing. MoP was more "silly" for lack of a better word where WoD felt more epic to me. I agree it fell apart a bit once I hit 100 and got to Tanaan. Took a bit of time moping around the Garrison before I found out about the achievement to get flying and started working towards that.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Yea I'm still trying to decide if I even want to pay 30k for the Archi Heroic mount. Do people sell Mythic archi mount runs that don't require account sharing? Also do people sell Blackrock Foundry mythic mount runs? I'd like to get them all before they turn into 1% drop rates.
Khane, we do a alt/friend heroic clear every Sunday around 8 est on horde. You're welcome to come to snag a mount and possibly other goodies that might rot. Usually a few free spots. Pm me your battle tag

xzi

Mouthbreather
Alpha coming down over the next day, they're wiping everything and sending out a large wave of invites, Beta starts Thursday 2pm PST.
Wait, for real? Cause I'm wanting to play a lot right now but I think I might just wait and see if I manage to get a beta invite.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Alright thanks for the info guys. I have just been itching to do some classic RPG leveling for some reason and I figured I'd give this a shot after not playing for a few years.

Is it worth it to jump to a higher pop. server? I'm on Zul'jin and it shows as med. during prime time at least last I looked.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I moved to a high pop server after my old backwater-server guild crapped out this expansion. Farming random stuff/questing on the new 4 tradeskill alts I have to level, the high pop is annoying, but for everything else it's been pretty great. I imagine it will be a fucking nightmare at expansion launch.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've decided my new plan of action is to make characters on my main account on high pop realms with very active economies and make farming characters on low pop/deserted pve realms for farming on my second account. I can then invite my main account to come farm/loot anything I'm farming on the low pop servers and sell easier on my high pop active realms as well as beat the issues of expansion leveling when legion drops. I also happen to be on a pvp server so it will be very nice being able to level on a pve realm at expac release.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I recommend joining the Emerald Dream server. It is a PvP server and high pop(I play Alliance). Also, its a role-playing server.
ED is seriously the best server out there. There's no CRZ. There is an actual server community. People world pvp. There's some weird RP guilds but they add some flavor. Most people don't RP. It's just a really fun server all around.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
How does the transmog stuff work? I haven't really looked into it, but I got a really cool weapon from a Grove Warden run that I'd like to keep the appearance of even if I get something with better stats next expansion. Is that possible or is it only certain styles that can be kept?
Basically, currently, you need to have the item whose appearance you want to copy somewhere: inventory, bank, void storage. Starting with 7.0, each of those appearance will be recorded on an account-wide wardrobe once you acquire it (i.e. it becomes bound and not tradable), and you'll be able to disenchant/sell them.

You can apply the appearance of any item you have on a similar item: same slot, same material (plate on plate), subject to item limitations: you can't apply the appearance of an item you can't use because of class/race/faction/rank/achievement restrictions on the item. So, for example, you can't use mage sets looks on a priest, even if they're both cloth (except for items that are intended for a class, but do not have a class restriction explicit on them, like old dungeon sets). The additional (current) restriction is that you can't apply the appearance of a legendary or artefact item on another, but you can override your legendary/artefact item with another non-legendary look.

On 7.0, you are supposed to have your entire bank content be added to your xmog, plus any item that you could use from quests you've finished, even if you don't have them. For example, if you're a warrior and you've done theEvidence Collection - Quest - World of Warcraftin Westfall, you'd get the Mail bracer unlocked, but not the leather or cloth item, but if you did theRise of the Brotherhood - Quest - World of Warcraftone, you'd unlock all of the weapons and can use the staff for your mage. But if you did that quest as a mage, you'd have only the staff and dagger appearances, and the polearm remains locked.

Any stuff you got from drops and sold back will have to be farmed again. And if the item isn't intended for your class, its appearance will not unlock. So, if you're farming Icecrown Citadel with your DK and a cloth robe drops, the robe will not unlock. "Because it would be unfair for the cloth wearers who would be unable to equip the plate". A lot of people are petitioning to have any bound item unlock, no matter what, but they haven't budged from their stance. Yet.
So will current salvage boxes still give the same green t mog rewards once the prepatch and new system launches? That seems to be what you guys are implying.
Yes, the current crates remain unchanged, the Salvage Yard will simply drop new crates without the green/blue/epic BOEs, those will just have the follower upgrades plus the blue BOP set.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought the rule was you just had to be able to equip it. Sets won't work but non-set pieces would unlocked on a character even if the armor is not meant for them.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I thought the rule was you just had to be able to equip it. Sets won't work but non-set pieces would unlocked on a character even if the armor is not meant for them.
Last I read this was the case, but I'm sure I haven't been following the dev commentary as fervently as most.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
They tweaked stuff because plate wearers would be able to unlock cloth, but clothies wouldn't be able to unlock plate. Which would be unfair. So, instead of allowing every classes to unlock every armor, they made it so that you can unlock your armor type and nothing else.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Beta invites have started flagging accounts today. My first Recruit a Friend Account, from back when they started the program, that was only subbed for 2 months, got in over my actual accounts. So I assume it's completely random.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They tweaked stuff because plate wearers would be able to unlock cloth, but clothies wouldn't be able to unlock plate. Which would be unfair. So, instead of allowing every classes to unlock every armor, they made it so that you can unlock your armor type and nothing else.
That is stupid. What kind of lazy asshole only has a single character high level enough to run old raids?

DavivMcD

Peasant
Yeah the only unfair part is they are forcing everyone to run the old content on a cloth class if they want to collect transmogs. Clothies are the worst classes at soloing old content. If it's old enough it won't matter, but there's going to be a TON of fights from Pandaria and WoD that are a cakewalk for a DK but impossible for a mage. 4-man transmog groups are probably going to be a popular thing to make sure each armor type gets covered.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
A mage may have problems soloing some old raids but my warlock mows them down hard. Good self healing for the rare cases its needed and the pets are monsters for stomping around in old raids.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
That is stupid. What kind of lazy asshole only has a single character high level enough to run old raids?
As usual, it's a matter of time. You can run with all 4 armor users if you want. Except that, every run, about 75% of the drops are going to be useless for transmog.

Requiring you not only to be able to use the item, but to have that item as your "normal" gear expands the time required to acquire "all" transmogs by 4. Plus, it will add frustration when, after 20 raids, the staff whose appearance you always wanted finally drops... on your hunter's run.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah the only unfair part is they are forcing everyone to run the old content on a cloth class if they want to collect transmogs. Clothies are the worst classes at soloing old content. If it's old enough it won't matter, but there's going to be a TON of fights from Pandaria and WoD that are a cakewalk for a DK but impossible for a mage. 4-man transmog groups are probably going to be a popular thing to make sure each armor type gets covered.
Kaid covers it, but Warlocks are just as far at soloing MOP content as any other class right now.