World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cathex_sl

shitlord
Im planning to main a resto druid, strictly pvp after I get 110... I mained a resto shaman in WOD, and used vuhdo. Is there anything better out there? Any other add ons that help resto druids? I was messing around on beta on the 110 pvp servers and it was pretty crazy trying to figure out whats what and how to manage everything.
I used and still use Vuhdo as Resto Druid. Patch broke it though and it's kind of a pain to configure properly. I need some new weakauras as well (if anyone has any to share, feel free).

Brikker

Trump's Staff
For Fury warr pre-artifact, is there any rhyme or reason to choosing DW 1h vs DW 2h or just use whatever has highest DPS/ilvl?

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
So much this. I'm ilvl 735 and feel about 700 after the patch. Surely it's some L2P on my behalf, but the mana situation really feels terrible now. Paired with tank changes, this makes for an entirely frustrating healing experience.
A frustrating healing experience is exactly what Blizzard is trying to achieve since Cataclysm. By removing spirit and any sort of mana regen outside of trinkets, they may have finally made it. I believe that in terms of output, the artifact will bring healers back to their previous power, but for mana... wheeeee, what a fun and joyful experience it's going to be. We'll pack moonkins in raids to chain innervate healers, like in vanilla, that's some classic gameplay for you
biggrin.png

Druid class hall is amazing, with all those portal to move around it's even better. I think I decided my Legion class, bear it is.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I might sign up to see the new amusement park. Is there any need to do anything before the expac release? I suspect there isn't. I'm just going to boost up a priest I think to play disc. Chloromancer playstyle looks cool.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I might sign up to see the new amusement park. Is there any need to do anything before the expac release? I suspect there isn't. I'm just going to boost up a priest I think to play disc. Chloromancer playstyle looks cool.
Demonic invasions start in about 3 weeks tops, during which you'll be able to push back the demon invaders and earn tokens to buy an exclusive pet, armor transmogs, and other goodies. Also you'll be able to start playing a Demon Hunter in their prologue instance (if you pre-ordered Legion only). Until that happens, there is nothing new to do except get used to the new skills, pruning of old skills etc..

Malkav

French Madman
So what's up with the lvl100 boost? When trying to boost my shaman, I can't choose enhancement. I can only choose elemental. I don't want to be stuck with elem weapons when I want to be a motherfucking enhance shaman.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you need an invite to the WoW guild I'll be resubbing this week perhaps (goes for anyone). I think anyone can invite you though.

Unless you don't want to be associated with us.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
So what's up with the lvl100 boost? When trying to boost my shaman, I can't choose enhancement. I can only choose elemental. I don't want to be stuck with elem weapons when I want to be a motherfucking enhance shaman.
You get weapons for all the specs.

Since Main and offspecs dont exist anymore you can log in and change to enhancement immediately. there should be a box in your inventory on boosted characters with the alternate weapons.

I boosted a warrior yesterday and could only choose arms but i had a chest with shield/1hander/2nd 2hander when i logged in.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
When you log your character in you can switch. It just forces you into the top spec when you boost to 100.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
That is a weird artifact of the new tutorial system for newly boosted level 100s. In those you have one spec per class allowed to show you how to play that and if you like it or not. If you burn a boost right now it really does not matter because the second you enter the game in front of your garrison you can switch to whatever spec you want instantly.

Edit for clarity

The new boost to 100 tutorial thing does not go live until legion does as it includes doing the artifact intro stuff. If you use your boost right now it just pops you outside your garrison at level 100.

Malkav

French Madman
Thanks for the update guys. Boosted and switched, had the gear in a crate at login.

I guess the period between the pre-patch and the release is just a weird limbo right now and some things are poorly worded/confusing.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
That is a weird artifact of the new tutorial system for newly boosted level 100s. In those you have one spec per class allowed to show you how to play that and if you like it or not. If you burn a boost right now it really does not matter because the second you enter the game in front of your garrison you can switch to whatever spec you want instantly.

Edit for clarity

The new boost to 100 tutorial thing does not go live until legion does as it includes doing the artifact intro stuff. If you use your boost right now it just pops you outside your garrison at level 100.
Yeah, I used my boost to get a warlock up, and "boop! level 3 garrison, good luck!" and that was it. Gear and 500g I think? Went to icyveins for ideas on rotation, did LFR on rogue and priest, sent satchel stuff to the warlock and getting the ilvl up to run LFR (you start at 640 ilvl, need 650 for lfr HFC).

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks for the update guys. Boosted and switched, had the gear in a crate at login.

I guess the period between the pre-patch and the release is just a weird limbo right now and some things are poorly worded/confusing.
Yup boosts pre WOD were weird too most of the stuff to ease you into them is locked so it just kinda poops you out at your garrison at the moment. I did it anyway to get my gnome hunter last night because I had already basically done the tutorial on beta because what they had for the tutorial was exactly how I was testing the various class specs. But yes we are in the neither fish nor fowl stage so shit be a bit weird atm.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Since cloak & dagger is gone it's an easy choice to start out as sub in Legion. Teleporting around and blowing mobs the fuck up with shadowstrike barrages should be a good time.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Outlaw has killing spree which is also teleport around stabbing shit and overall seems to be pretty fun as well and I have heard good things about assassination as well which while a pretty dot specific spec now seems to be pretty competitive.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Well, I was strictly speaking of the efficiency of doing questing bullshits.

Like assassination you can barely even use on a normal mob, heh. You'll bleed the fuck out of some corpses though.

Outlaw does have the advantage of the best healing.