World of Warcraft: Current Year

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I've seen a mixed bag on Disc Priests. I can't tell if it's fun and people enjoy it and it's powerful or it really sucks and is hard. I don't know if people saying these things are tards or not on the official forums or reddit. Anyone playing them a bit now?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
From what I understand, Disc is primarily a raid healing spec, not a group healing spec. Much like our beloved chloromancer, their direct heals are mediocre at best, and their burst healing CDs are on long CDs. I haven't played Disc personally, but the guy I pay attention to for ret guides/theorycrafting has and said as much.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Interesting. Seems like Disc would be a great spec for dungeons once you get a bit of gear and make things go faster.

If I end up playing, this is probably the spec I'd like to play.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Disc feels not very useful right now for anything but incidental healing. Maybe artifact/L110/gear will significantly change that but I'm not sure where this whole 'dps healer' thing came from other than a couple abilities do both things?

I know it's been said before but there's basically two options for DISC: it's either extremely powerful and basically mandatory because it does better than 1/2 dps 1/2 hps of other classes OR it will be completely useless because it fails to cover the output for any content anyone wants to do.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Went lazy ass mode, bought a token and sold it on the AH (it's going for 80K+ on my server which is nice) just to buy the necessary Medallions of the Legion to get Draenor Pathfinder.

Good god, it's good to fly again.
Im tempted to do that, having never done flying in WoD. My fury warr I've been leveling is about to hit 90. Hrm, tokens only go for ~40k on Sargeras though...

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Remember Enhance on WoD beta? Remember Enhance on WoD Launch (Although it got better once the AOE-heavy fights started cropping up in later raid tiers)?

Do not trust any appearance of not-sucking, for Blizzard is a fickle mistress.
Makes me so sad. Elemental was my favorite dps to play and I last mained it at the start of Cata.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Disc feels not very useful right now for anything but incidental healing. Maybe artifact/L110/gear will significantly change that but I'm not sure where this whole 'dps healer' thing came from other than a couple abilities do both things?

I know it's been said before but there's basically two options for DISC: it's either extremely powerful and basically mandatory because it does better than 1/2 dps 1/2 hps of other classes OR it will be completely useless because it fails to cover the output for any content anyone wants to do.
From what Ive read, the disc priest is going to have a rather large skill gap between those that just "get by" and those that capitalize on the classes potential. Which in all honesty, that sounds fine to me. If I actually do decide to get disc a go rather than Holy like I planned - I think Ill have plenty of fun. Though, unless Ive missed it - I dont think Defensive Target and Offensive target is an option in WoW? Vanguard's blood mage and disciple were fun to play because you could have two targets at once.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
From what Ive read, the disc priest is going to have a rather large skill gap between those that just "get by" and those that capitalize on the classes potential. Which in all honesty, that sounds fine to me. If I actually do decide to get disc a go rather than Holy like I planned - I think Ill have plenty of fun. Though, unless Ive missed it - I dont think Defensive Target and Offensive target is an option in WoW? Vanguard's blood mage and disciple were fun to play because you could have two targets at once.
That's fine but that doesn't change the main point. Either it will be mandatory because it will be a unique optimization in raid comp or it will be useless because it fails to meet the needs of the content.

Either way it's going to suck. I'm still not sure why they decided to go that route with disc but ignored mistwalker as another obvious place to put that style into. Don't get me wrong, I'm OK if they want to add this as a feature (hybrid slots) but it's stupid if they do it with literally only one spec of one class while stripping everything unique and towing the 'bring the player not the class' herpaderp for years now.

Railin_sl

shitlord
Whats the go to site for pvp information? Like specifically specs and guides for pvp? I used Noxxic in the past, is there anything better out there?

Malkav

French Madman
Im tempted to do that, having never done flying in WoD. My fury warr I've been leveling is about to hit 90. Hrm, tokens only go for ~40k on Sargeras though...
Took me about 16 medallions (bonus from the human racial + trading post lvl3, so each gives 1300 rep instead of 1000). Bought them for like 3.5k each at the AH.

Tanaan is actually fun with flying. And now I'm not dreading leveling the lvl91 DK I had camped in my lvl1 garrison forever.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Really sucks there isn't a lvl 90 boost anymore my buddies are lvl 88 right now and I wanna go through the 90's with em. Got a ticket it to hopefully get one but I'm a little bummed.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Man, I know we all already complained about this but god damn the new camera fucking sucks. As a tauren whenever I mount up on any flying mount whatsoever it takes like 70% of my goddamn screen because the camera may as well be inside of my asshole.

That being said, solo questing running around with actioncam is a neat new experience lol.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Make sure you went back into your options and used the camera distance slider. It defaulted back to minimum.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seeing some of the recent UI screen shots, such as that super minimalist one that mirrored GW2? and then the Diablo one? Looks amazing. Leading me to believe that enjoyment, at least to a certain extent, can be tied to your addons.

I loaded up my level 11 Priest, as I haven't taken the plunge to sub yet, and it's my only pre-level 20 character. Running around with default UI, was just meh... Wasn't giving me the feels or nothing. Maybe if I logged back into my Garrison or something that'd be different, I don't know. I'm so on the edge, it sucks.
frown.png

Silence_sl

shitlord
Is there going to be a gold sink in Legion other than that spider? Dunno if I should keep or sell the 30+ Hexweave bags I have sitting in my bank.

xzi

Mouthbreather
If anyone is still looking to get geared super fast for some reason, it's even easier now via PvP. You get marks of honor for winning a random bg and to get a 710 piece is only 1-5 marks. So you know, if you want to hop in HFC before the expansion for some reason that's a good way to start filling up your shitty gear pieces.

Nissir

Lord Nagafen Raider
Haven't played since I maxed out my garrison the first time around, is it worth picking back up now, or should I just wait for the expansion? I may be rerolling with some RL friends on a new server and might just wait to roll the new class. Opinions?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Holy balls, 34 slot bag is 500k gold.
lol considering a 30 slot is like 1k-2k.

was gonna do medallions to power up WoD flying but saw I need those stupid apexis dailies. I think I've done maybe 1 or 2 of them on any character. By the time I got all 12? complete, my war will be 100...