World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Normally I would say sure it's in my head and go with the "git gud" train of though, but there are enough statistics to show something happened in which horde used to be dominate are now super dogshit. I guess the imbalance is getting closer to what it should be, but this has zero to do with gear or anything else. This is pure faction imbalance and since I wasnt around for the switches I am just curious about it. This is just for unrated BG's when you get into Arena it's skewed royally at like 70/30 Alliance/Horde or higher.

rrr_img_137196.png
so looks like a spike in june/july in favor of alliance then back to around 50%.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
We have two threads, it will be dead 1-2 months after expac release except for the main thread, just like every time. Unnecessary.

The experience rate on the Phinigel server is so fucking bad that I recently said fuck it and have been playing level 1 to 20 over and over in WoW lately (No subscription, so can only play to 20).

Its fucking sad that I'm having more fun playing am anti social game from 1 to 20 over and over than play Everquest where people actually talk to you and shit. I'd just like to say good job Blizzard, and fuck you DBG.

khorum

Murder Apologist
You don't have to use the class order hall mission table except for doing your class order hall quest line. After that you are free to ignore it.
Until you start getting Quest-starters and mythic caches through missions, anyway. Then you realize your minions are only ilevel 760 and the mythic caches require ilevel 840 for the first tier caches and then you realize that NOPE, ignoring the garrison missions wasn't really optional after all.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
1 Buy an item with marks of honor
2 deposit the item into void storage
3 log out to character select screen - you have to do this
4 log back in
5 take item out of the void storage
6 vendor item and get your marks back

Make you to log to the character select screen when doing this. Otherwise it will revoke them as you said.
Thanks for the tip, I did all this across 10 characters to get all the skins available from all Dalaran vendors and the only money spent was the void storage fees, so basically 200-300 gold per character, it worked like a charm. Now if only I could win some PvP to earn marks of honor and do the same trick for the PvP weapons and armors.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I did the trick on all the legacy vendors in Dalaran, like 7k worth of stuff if it hadn't be returnable. They have some of the old tier sets in complete sets for gold on those now (not the nicer sets but still, fill the transmogs!).

Garrison stuff isn't bad if you limit it to one, maybe two characters. Doing more than that though...noooo thanks.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
So as usual, Blizz's remedy to the loudest squeaking wheels is the most toxic fucking grease they could find: instead of doing away with garrison gameplay, they just expanded the TIMESCALES for everything in your garrison so ppl don't end up having to come back to their garrison so often. So missions all take at least a day, work orders take several days and big upgrades take a week or more.
That's actually not so bad. My biggest grief, and the reason I quit WoW after a couple of months in WoD, was because I kept having to spend timeevery daydoing that shit. If it had been, say, spend an houronce a weekto keep the place going, no problem.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Someone asked Noodlebro if we needed a WOW subforum for the upcoming expansion and interest in a guild. I told him if he got enough people to sign in and the desire for it, I'd make it.

What do the people think?
If Eq and its 17 subscribers get their own sub, then WoW could, too.

khorum

Murder Apologist
That's actually not so bad. My biggest grief, and the reason I quit WoW after a couple of months in WoD, was because I kept having to spend timeevery daydoing that shit. If it had been, say, spend an houronce a weekto keep the place going, no problem.
Well it's pretty obnoxious in practice let me tell ya.

I'm looking at a week until my next garrison upgrade that lets me wear a second legendary. Then another week till my artifact research buffs my artifact xp gain enough to make levelling up my shadow artifact take less than two months to catch up.

Honestly, I managed to train myself to see a lot of the WoD garrison shit as "noise" and just focus on the stuff I wanted to do----but now the stuff you want to do takes WEEKS.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Is making a sub forum some huge task? I don't see the harm of making one for the initial launch rush then putting it in the graveyard when interest goes.

Also agree with the EQ sub forum basically being a quarantine zone to stop infecting the MMO forum.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Its not a huge task.

The reason I thought it was a good idea is we have this one giant massive thread from 2012 (?) that people just post whatever they're thinking or want to know, and stuff can get easily lost. Referencing anything passed a few pages back is a nightmare as well.

The guild has a single thread to keep that stuff out of here, but we can't really do too much in a single thread. There could be a million different conversations going on once the game gets rolling.

The reason I thought it was a good idea was so that when the expansion hits, people can create specific threads to discuss just small aspects of the game (economy, class threads, guild threads/EXTRA SUBFORUM!!!!, stickies, useful information, etc.). To me it's not a big deal if we don't make the sub-forum, I just don't see how it hurts anyone.

Can even leave this main thread in MMO general if you want.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
No it's not a big deal but people get butthurt about it. Personally, it takes about 1 minute to do and that's from my phone.