World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
so I know kara upper is aids with exploding/teeming but also we did a kara.. 8? today and it was definitely aids as well. pulling packs of like 9. You definitely can not do that place without having at least 2 cc, adding with all the special abilities trash has you have to interrupt it's pretty hard for dps and I can only holy shock so many orbs

was fun though, I like having to use CC again

also finally got flying!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
2k away from flying, and then I go back to logging in once a week until the alt itch sets back in and/or Tomb is on LFR.

Artifa

N00b
Was reading a thread on exploding on reddit and people suggested the tank move the mobs around in a small area to allow people easier time tabbing to the orbs, sounds like a decent idea to me. Sucks when you have 4-5 large mobs and a small orb spawns in the middle of all the nameplates and you tab 4 times and still don't get it.

I did a couple 10s for the week but not really enjoying the constantly-on-your-toes feeling of exploding so have been ignoring m+ mostly this week.

Malkav

French Madman
Looks like they hotfixed the Challenge Mission from the Command Center during the night.

Main reward is a 4 millions AP token instead of like 300k at AK27. The bonus reward wasn't changed and is still a 600k AP token though.
Still retarded for a two days mission.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea. From now on, it's going to be Disruptor > Cathedral > keep 1000 supplies stored > Command Center for me.

Too bad it's irrelevant because literally servers full of people stupid enough to just go left to right were barely beaten out by common sense after discovering how terrible the mage tower was.

Which still baffles me because if they just read the abilities, there's no question disruptor is the best value for everyone. It's got a world boss and free rerolls.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Which still baffles me because if they just read the abilities, there's no question disruptor is the best value for everyone. It's got a world boss and free rerolls.
My guess? People didn't knew what "challenges" meant. They assumed it was some scenario for phat lewts, instead of the insanity of ilvl 920+/40pt/optimal legendaries challenges for one artefact appearance (that requires you to have finished the Power questline).

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's actually hilarious how upset people are/were over challenges but I do think people criticizing them for things like making the TANK challenge a DPS check is silly and sort of defeats the entire purpose.

Since I'm the only faggot that does world quests I loved the mage tower, gave me portals to every zone. Set my hearth to broken shore and go anywhere.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's actually hilarious how upset people are/were over challenges but I do think people criticizing them for things like making the TANK challenge a DPS check is silly and sort of defeats the entire purpose.

Since I'm the only faggot that does world quests I loved the mage tower, gave me portals to every zone. Set my hearth to broken shore and go anywhere.
It's alright, if enough people complain they'll just say FUCK IT and build all 3 buildings permanently.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It's alright, if enough people complain they'll just say FUCK IT and build all 3 buildings permanently.
We can barely have 2 up at the same time, and that's going to be with people trying to get flying and turning supplies for rep.

Not going to happen ever. I wouldn't be surprised if there's no building up for most of the week in a month or two.

(most guild members are going to stop once they get revered and flying. A couple might push to exalted for the mount quests)

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Loved the nice tease this morning of seeing a WQ on broken shore worth 1 mil AP but of course it's on the spot where the world boss spawns and so it just disappears as soon as you get on the island. Womp womp.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Not sure what all the hate for Mage Tower is. It WAS the best one when it first went up and you could farm AP again because of it. Then they nerfed it but it still makes M+ runs lucrative AP farm spots again when it's up with that buff.

All of these building's secondary buffs change each time they go up don't forget. We've only gotten one iteration so far.

I'm still convinced based on anecdotal evidence that the mage tower buff to the wyrmtongue chests in broken shore contributes to legendary bad luck protection as well.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I'll probably dump more points into the mage tower, i got more benefit just running around looting chests than i did with the ND. I dont think there is any loot i would want from the world bosses except for transmog purposes, i had my wife make me the legendary boots already. i think i'm going MT > ND > Bank > CC.

my highest priority is the mage tower, reportedly the tank challenge got slightly easier the last day in the EU since Velen started doing more (there are a few videos of him actually casting slightly more often) or maybe its my imagination.

Khane

I think almost everyone missed the mage tower brokenness besides you though

It's still good even after the nerf though. I get many people, yourself included, don't like chain running M+ dungeons but it does make farming AP a viable option when that buff is up whereas it's not really an option at all without that buff.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's still good even after the nerf though. I get many people, yourself included, don't like chain running M+ dungeons but it does make farming AP a viable option when that buff is up whereas it's not really an option at all without that buff.
It comes and goes for me. Some days I chain them a lot and others I'm disgusted with it.

Pre-7.2 I did do a lot of M+ at least.

Whatever building we have is fine for me. I actually enjoyed trying to beat the tank challenge at least despite saying on here I hated it. I spent like 6k shards on it.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
After a while they'll just have the buildings progress a minimum % per day imo if they don't already.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I assume most people knew Distuptor was best in the long run, they just went with Mage Tower first because Flying Rep was a one time thing (before they knew how moronically invasions were designed) and they though the artifact skin was a one time thing (and thought it was something the LFR crowd could do).

Khane

Anyone know if you need to have a bodyguard follower active when looting broken isles chests to have a chance at getting legendary follower gear?

Malkav

French Madman
Second invasion of the day on EU realms.
We got Val'Sharah between midnight and 6am, and now Aszuna starting 6pm.

That's kinda perfect as it's the last one I need. In the end, I will have done the achievement in 4 days, which is not that bad.