World of Warcraft: Current Year

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
What I don't get is why all these fucktards are complaining that games now aren't like EQ when EQ is still up and running. Go fucking play EQ and post in the EQ Thread and get fucked.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It reminds me of this buddy I have that gets apoplectic that I hate FPSs. I mean he fucking rages against every game I play because its not an FPS and/or I don't worship everything Valve. The crazy thing is I had never disparaged Valve or FPSs in general aside from saying I didn't have fun with them. But my god you cannot not like something some nerd lives and breathes.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As focused on money as Kotick and crew seem to be, you realize you are in the minority in the way you think? They made the changes they did not because of on a whim, but because the majority of people that sub the game wanted it that way.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
WoW was (and still is) the best MMO game out there. As mentioned countless times in the last page alone, we're all salty because it's almost ten goddamn years old. We're ready for something that's not WoW, and the only responsibility we [read: most rational people] can reasonably lay at Blizzard's feet is that WoW is so good that nobody wants to shake up the mold; they just want to keep trying to imitate it.

Dom_sl

shitlord
What people want is a time machine to go back to their first couple years in EQ and or WoW. Nothing that will ever be introduced in a new MMO will satisfy us.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What people want is a time machine to go back to their first couple years in EQ and or WoW. Nothing that will ever be introduced in a new MMO will satisfy us.
Now and forever. Sums up 90% of mmo discussion.

Crone

Anyone with Cox as their ISP can't login to WoW since last night. Went to sleep, and it's still not resolved. WoW tech support forums are lit up! Some have said it's a power outage at a major AT&T hub that's causing it, but not so sure.

This is where I link that one picture if I had it.... FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Dumar_sl

shitlord
It has nothing to do with that whatsoever. Logging into P99 (sans corruption) is a better MMO experience than WoW 2013. It's objectivity, not nostalgia. I want a new world to explore, new classes, skills, while massively interacting ala EQ social mechanics with other people.

WoW isn't an MMO. It's a multiplayer game you play on a server.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
WoW was (and still is) the best MMO game out there. As mentioned countless times in the last page alone, we're all salty because it's almost ten goddamn years old. We're ready for something that's not WoW, and the only responsibility we [read: most rational people] can reasonably lay at Blizzard's feet is that WoW is so good that nobody wants to shake up the mold; they just want to keep trying to imitate it.
It isn't and never has been. It has a great engine thanks to their ace engineers. That's it. People imitate to make money, not a good game.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Anyone with Cox as their ISP can't login to WoW since last night. Went to sleep, and it's still not resolved. WoW tech support forums are lit up! Some have said it's a power outage at a major AT&T hub that's causing it, but not so sure.

This is where I link that one picture if I had it.... FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
In all likelihood this is Cox' fault and has nothing whatsoever to do with WoW or Blizzard. There was a similar problem with 3mobile last year: they suddenly started to throttle all connections to WoW after like 6pm, giving you like 2000ms latency. A lot of people had been using 3 to play WoW with since it used to give a serviceable ping from most locations, so there was a 100-page thread in WoW's tech support forum complaining about a problem that had nothing to do with WoW.

axeman_sl

shitlord
You can still play, you know. You can still login and enjoy the parts of the game in which you can achieve. You just can't or won't see and get everything. See how that's supposed to work? But we can't have that anymore. Everyone has to be able to see, do, and acquire everything with no commitment whatsoever. A dungeon crawl, by the very definition of the word dungeon and the word crawl, implies some type of risk and time going and exploring a dangerous part of the world. WoW has that nowhere, and it hasn't since BRD in 2004.

Casuals can still play, but that doesn't mean they should have access to everything. If you don't have time because of whatever, then you don't get to see the same things as someone who does have time. That's what makes the gameworth it. Who gives a fuck about raiding WoW since, geez I don't know, lich king? It's a pointless activity considering the LFR exists.
I've come to realize that people just hate being aware that they're not at the top rung of a game's proverbial society. The existence of higher content that they can't access makes them feel inferior, to the point where they'll literally prefer a game that's the same except the higher content doesn't exist. This lets them be among "the best" without putting in a noteworthy effort. This is the demographic that GW2 aims to please, for example.

Or they could make healing more fun. Healing is still the same boring ass game of whack a mole it's been since vanilla, except it's not even as visually stimulating because instead of moles popping out at you, it's little green bars that shrink and grow and sometimes change color when you need to cure them.
Nothing's really wrong with healing. It suffers from the same "problem" as tanking: the healer is responsible for more than just some numbers on an addon's readout. Most people on WoW areterriblegamers, that's why they play WoW, and many of them have tried to play a healer or tank only to find that they simply weren't good enough at it. After causing groups and raids to fail for long enough, they give up and play easymode DPS where you practically can't fuck up.

Plenty of people love healing, it's just that the shitty noskill players outnumber good players so massively that there's no hope of preventing the long DPS queues because 90% of WoW's playerbase play DPS. The existence of three significantly different roles nevertheless remains one of the main attractions of the game, and I'm frankly worried about this new trend of trying to make MMORPGs where your only option is some flavor of DPS. It made GW2's PvE utterly boring, and it really hinders the depth of strategy you can put into any encounter.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
It has nothing to do with that whatsoever. Logging into P99 (sans corruption) is a better MMO experience than WoW 2013. It's objectivity, not nostalgia. I want a new world to explore, new classes, skills, while massively interacting ala EQ social mechanics with other people.

And by that reasoning, EQ is just a chat room with 3d graphics.

Cybsled

Then go play that, stfu, and stop posting in this thread. We get it: You hate WoW and all it represents and 14-15 year old MMOs are the king and you want a game with a 200 million dollar budget to essentially copy said 14-15 year old game, cept make it "new", because you're convinced 10 million people will flock to the game like ants to sugar.

Guess what? Market forces and the gaming community as it exists now vetoed that, so all you will ever get is niche games because the vast majority of gamers don't find being kicked in the balls while watching paint try to be an engaging activity.

Crone

In all likelihood this is Cox' fault and has nothing whatsoever to do with WoW or Blizzard. There was a similar problem with 3mobile last year: they suddenly started to throttle all connections to WoW after like 6pm, giving you like 2000ms latency. A lot of people had been using 3 to play WoW with since it used to give a serviceable ping from most locations, so there was a 100-page thread in WoW's tech support forum complaining about a problem that had nothing to do with WoW.
Oh ya, it's on Cox's end for sure. Lucky for me, I have 4g on my smart phone and just tethered myself up. At least let's me play!

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
It isn't and never has been. It has a great engine thanks to their ace engineers. That's it. People imitate to make money, not a good game.
This is as foolish as a fanboy saying "It is and always will be". You're drooling all over yourself with hatred. It's embarrassing
frown.png

spronk

FPS noob
dumar is a sell out, eq99 isn't shit compared to the TRUE multiplayer experience of Trade Wars circa early 90s where you let your imagination soar, none of that graphics bullshit that Wii gamers like dumar need in their game. None of that Trade Wars 2002 bullshit either, that was selling out to the casuals with ANSI graphics. And don't bring up Rogue, shit was casual as fuck

Juvarisx

Florida
Its funny because Dumar got perma banned from FoH for this exact same thing by Furor years ago. He has been beating on the same old drum for years.

agripa

Molten Core Raider

Try changing your dns to one that is not your isp. Use googles for instance 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Ryoz

<Donor>
guys I don't think you appreciate the unbiased and honorable mmo white-knight that is dumar. he's just trying to show us the light. maybe we should try eq again. i think he's right.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
He's the hero neckbeards deserve, but not the one they need right now. He's a watchful rager, a verbose protector, a white knight.