World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well that makes no fucking sense. Mythic difficulty doesn't scale, so why does loot?

Make the raid harder by bringing less people! Make it harder to get loot too!

Khane

Ok so we need to try to get 15 people if we want to do mount runs then. I can 5 box it and just let 4 of the toons die at the beginning if we can't field the full 20.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not familiar with how it works but does it simply add +5% drop chance per person or does it stay ~1% chance up to 19 then guaranteed drop at 20?

If it's the former then it really shouldn't matter much whether you get 20 or not since each individual would have a similar chance of winning the mount in the end. Yeah it may not drop every time but if it does drop then you have less people to roll against.

Khane

Even if it's 5% per person the 95% vs 100% is enough to make me not even want to do it. Even just 1 week without the mount dropping would be enough to get people to say "Fuck this" and not come back for subsequent runs. And I don't see how anybody could think that system is reasonable. Mythic difficulty does not scale. It is not Flex like all other raid difficulties. Bringing less people increases the difficulty of the content. Why would they use the flex loot system in a raid that isn't flex?

I have a feeling that perhaps those GMs in that linked thread don't know what they are talking about and didn't bother escalating it because they are dense but who knows.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even if it's 5% per person the 95% vs 100% is enough to make me not even want to do it. Even just 1 week without the mount dropping would be enough to get people to say "Fuck this" and not come back for subsequent runs. And I don't see how anybody could think that system is reasonable. Mythic difficulty does not scale. It is not Flex like all other raid difficulties. Bringing less people increases the difficulty of the content. Why would they use the flex loot system in a raid that isn't flex?

I have a feeling that perhaps those GMs in that linked thread don't know what they are talking about and didn't bother escalating it because they are dense but who knows.

You would use flex loot for the mount in this case because of the inverse of what you say: flex difficulty means bringing 15 people is the same as 20, so why would anyone bring a 16th+ that just adds another roll against you for the mount but does not make it easier? X% drop chance per person sounds "fair" for something like this.

Meanwhile IMO the way to go for a mount run is the ol' pub-raid style:
1. Anyone who wants a drop bids for it, highest buys it. Anything else (probably everything in this case) gets DE'd.
2. Divide the pool of gold and enchant mats among the raiders, possibly with a lottery style roll for the indivisible remainder.

Khane

What? You'd bring the 16th person because you can't do it with 15. A raid that doesn't have flex difficulty should never use flex loot. If you've gotten to the point where you're able to do it with less you should be rewarded for that. Not punished.

Are you by any chance a Blizzard GM?

yerm

What? You'd bring the 16th person because you can't do it with 15. A raid that doesn't have flex difficulty should never use flex loot. If you've gotten to the point where you're able to do it with less you should be rewarded for that. Not punished.

Are you by any chance a Blizzard GM?

Right, NOT flex difficulty... ignore my first paragraph.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
From guildies who did it this last weekend, I guess 2/3/15 and high dps you can cheese it and skip the last phase or something, or most of it. Probably worth doing it for that alone

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah you can kill Illidan before having to kill the orbs and jumping into them. The fight is legit a joke with how inflated the ilevel is now compared to back then.

Elisandre is even more hilarious with how fast she gets phased, just make sure to soak some of the orbs, they kind of hurt still if you let them all blow up.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Meandered into seige of ogrimmar while farming some for the pierre/bad robot pets ( to keep or sell for 55k the the dillema).

JFC this raid seems incredibly long without being able to mount and no handy ulduar teleports. Or maybe they are all this big these days?

Khane

Seems like a trend. First one or two raids in each expansion are smaller and faster. Last couple of raids in each expansions are sprawling monstrosities with 10+ bosses.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Multiple bosses is great but the restrictions on mounting and sprawled out areas is absurd. Was almost 2 hours to clear and most of that travel.

Seques into as big as zones are getting, itd be nice for a higher ground speed, say 150% for top mount. Even if it's lv 100+.

Daidraco

On a different note. Im interested in learning more about weak aura's and how to program a combat routine in one. I just want to be able to make my own, but I have no idea how to interact with Weak Aura's. Anyone know of a pretty solid guide for a beginning to end kind of result?

Khane

The quests that let you skip parts of the instances that they started adding to all raid zones is really nice for future expansion mog/pet/mount farming fortunately. Too bad older instances mostly don't have that.

Khane

On a different note. Im interested in learning more about weak aura's and how to program a combat routine in one. I just want to be able to make my own, but I have no idea how to interact with Weak Aura's. Anyone know of a pretty solid guide for a beginning to end kind of result?

Use GSE instead:

GSE: Gnome Sequencer Enhanced : Advanced Macros

You can do the same thing with WA but you'll have to write all the functionality that GSE already has built into it yourself.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Is there an up-to-date guide around for how to optimize each class' order halls/champs/equipment for 7.3? Also, outside of doing the Argus campaign (which I think I finished?) is there anything else new that I should be doing? Last time I played was right around when Tomb opened up, so not sure how much I've missed.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The best way to optimize your Order Hall is to get Meatball. He is a powerhouse in every way and available to everyone.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user