World of Warcraft: Current Year

kudos

<Banned>
I never played EQ2 past level 20 because I didn't have enough fingers. However when I was trying to dive in and see what the end game was like, I saw all those tiers of stuff and I just quit. Fuck figuring all that shit out, it's not like the game is that great to begin with.
Exactly! Though, EQ2 had a better world in my opinion. Azeroth looks boring as shit but that is all opinion.

malaki_sl

shitlord
As another former WoW player, I don't think really anything will get me to go back permanently. But you're basically removing the best part of WoW, the polished questing part where you see the gimmicks, the humor and the fun new areas (storyline if you care), in order to emphasize stuff that generally sucks. If WoW could really be 100% questing with raids interspersed (boss fights in the game) it honestly would be great. But this means that the raid is only played once to complete the quest, and the quests mostly have to be soloable (read: easy) and unless they're quite grindy (people don't like that) they will be done fast and we run out of content in almost same amount of time that a normal game does, which of course is completely unacceptable for an MMO.

Anyway I have some spare time:

-Player housing
-Guild housing
-Ways to decorate your house (items from raids, to 5 mans, to quests, etc, and ways to show this off as a badge)
Stupid gimmicks unless it is tied to some sort of territory control (or any fun gameplay mechanic if you have a better one). This is essentially a better UI for the achievements screen. Not going to resub for this.

-Find a way to make all the old raids relevant again (whether scaling up or down).
-Tons and tons of transmog gear scattered throughout old content
So ... I would resub to play raids that I already did before, and you're taking out actual new content to implement this? Genius!

-Tons of new pets to collect
-A WPvP area like Wintersgrasp
-Multiple super long legendary quest lines different for each class (with weapon rewards etc, with unique effects like EQ that make them stay relevant, stuff like the fire cat druid staff)
-Make these mostly solable or small group content like the old hunter epic bow/staff quest, that are hard as hell but rely on skill and are solable only, and don't tell anyone where they start, or make the starting item randomly drop somewhere in the world so there isn't a farming for first item roadblock of 1000's of players.
-Can even make the quest chain go even further to make the item better (2 ilvl upgrades or whatnot), through hardcore raids etc to appease the hardcore.
-A new raid tier for the hardcores and lfr users
-A good chunk of new 5 mans
-Multiple new armor model sets for each class
-Revamp tradeskills, and maybe do something cool with fishing
They do all this already in each expansion.

Didn't you just suggest that we get rid of the level increase and remove new leveling zones? Why are you now suggesting adding more quests? Super long class quest lines are generally inefficient uses of developer time because few people make it to the end. Why not just make the leveling experience more difficult, requiring small group or tough solo content?

It is impossible to keep something hidden in this age of wowhead etc. I would personally like to see future games use encryption or keep as much data serverside as possible to diminish this effect as it really kills the environment. You think having to farm a random-drop item in order to do the main quest content of an expansion is a good mechanic?

WPvP areas can be OK, but really they have just been battlegrounds that happen only at certain times. Not super interesting.

-Rare unique items off of new super rare spawns scattered throughout the world, everything from vanity to special clicky items, etc (Think Jboots, mounts, rare pets, etc)
-PVP raid bosses, like raiding Org or Stormwind and killing bosses would give actual uber (legendary?) rewards.
-And last but not least, AA's! Well, something just like it. Grind xp/old quests for small perks, new talents, etc.
Camping rares is already in the game, but I wanted to point out that this isn't something remotely appetizing and I would hate to see a game that thinks 'adding rare spawns' is going to bring people back. PvP raids were done all the time back when killing city bosses was huge honor and got you the best weaps in the game. I don't think that having towns wrecked constantly by people looking for drops would be particularly awesome - what is the motive for defending? World bosses would be much better ... but these also have issues. AAs sound terrible and I would never resub to a game that had AAs, it would just mean I could never catch up.

-Actual battleground ratings for individuals when queuing normally
-Maybe make an actual good battleground matchmaking system based off said ranking
-Actual good unique PVP rewards that dont just require honor/conquest points
Because one person makes a difference in a 40-man BG? The amount of matches you would have to play for a meaningful ranking is quite high. Not to mention things like class composition or gear which aren't an issue in MOBA type games. This could be interesting but I doubt it could really be done well. I do agree top gladiators should get fuck-you gear that automatically gives them victory against scrubs ... but that's the vanilla/TBC pvper in me talking rather than the person who was faced with grinding a month of honor to get back in the game + arenaing with a new random partner and decided to quit instead.

-A trading card game or something along those lines (integrate hearthstone?)
-A bunch of new/revamped holiday events
-New world events with cool enough rewards to draw people out of cities more (think fishing event x10 with unique rewards)
This might get me to keep subbed had I been playing, but really having a new xmas event matters to you? I honestly didn't visit the darkmoon faire ever. Playing a TCG isn't playing wow, why would I resub for $15 a month to play a TCG instead of buying the TCG? Again these are things that get people who are subbed to keep going but really aren't going to get jaded players back in.

-Maybe a new class unlockable by some long epic quest chain
-Some sort of bounty system, where you can put bountys on players? And maybe where NPC's can put bounties on rare spawns, for unique item rewards? All sorts of things you could do here.
They just introduced a new class and do this regularly, but certainly adding a quest line first could be cool (it would have to be easy though since they want people to play the new class). They already do class-specific intro lines obviously. Bounty system from NPCs == random spawn daily quest, about as boring as it gets. Having players place them is a neat idea, but in a game where death doesn't matter whatsoever it's really pointless.

I would much rather Blizzard focus on providing another awesome world for gamers to explore, where the grass is green and the experiences new again. Player controlled territory with NPC empires waging war across the landscape. EvE meets fantasy, resources in difficult to control deserts with weak supply chains to the safe carebear markets where the crafters live, honor system and gear for leveling up the ranks of your nation's army as it fights for glory in battlegrounds, treasure held by dragons in the perilous mountains requiring expeditions, quest-based theme parks and pet collection/farming/magic-ing/etc. minigames in the safe empire. Completely new leveling model (or at least heavily hybridized), new economic/crafting model (or again copied with some modification from elsewhere), combat possibly similar, new world. I'd buy it.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
In my opinion there is really only one way to play WoW: Find a guild that has active members and group up for most of the content. Sure inevitably there will be some times where you play solo to do dailies for tokens, LFR/heroics for valor, farming, etc. but for the most part this game is way better grouped up. Obviously the hardest part is probably finding a guild that fits with you / you fit in with, but I didn't have too much trouble just going to wowprogress and checking out all of the guilds that raid during my time frame and on days that worked for me.

Rime

<Donor>
Well that's it. Garrosh is full blown corrupted, absolving him of any wrongdoing. Praise be to Thrall!
At one point, they said that Garrosh would not be corrupted, that some bosses were just bad apples.

I am hoping that Garrosh is two fights or at least two distinct phases. We kill him while he is 'normal', then the Old God takes control of his body/animates it..

ALSO, just added to the PTR slate for 5.4...

New Feature: Virtual Realms

Virtual Realms are sets of realms that are fused together, and will behave exactly as if they were one cohesive realm. Players on the same Virtual Realm will be able to join guilds, access a single Auction House, join arena teams and raids, as well run dungeons or group up to complete quests.

Players belonging to the same Virtual Realm will have a (#) symbol next to their name.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
Virtual realms is about freaking time. Let me do a cross-realm mad current content raid already. Fuaaaaaaark yeah. Also, naturally Garry has to be corrupted, why can't we just have a guy be disliked for his personality rather than the powers influencing him?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It could be that he purposely "corrupts" himself. There's also a new Garrosh model that's not corrupted. I could see a fight where he's just being his usual asshole self but in the last phase when its obvious he's about to be overthrown he joins with the sha of pride to stem the tide. Then we have to fight the Sha of Pride. Or maybe we nearly defeat the Sha of Pride and Garrosh rushes in to "save his power." There's a distinct difference from being corrupted how Blizzard usually does it and being all Bad Guy looking for the ultimate weapon.

Cybsled

Kil'jaden's Cunning is no longer a passive ability. Kil'jaden's Cunning now now has a duration of 15 seconds with a 1.5 minute cooldown.
WTF. What a bunch of horseshit. Glad my monk is my new main now ;/

Virtual realms is about freaking time. Let me do a cross-realm mad current content raid already. Fuaaaaaaark yeah. Also, naturally Garry has to be corrupted, why can't we just have a guy be disliked for his personality rather than the powers influencing him?
because that is all that Metzen can come up with

and interesting to see the Klaxxi Paragons being the penultimate encounter before Garrosha

OneofOne

I hate to be THAT GUY but really? People really give a shit about WoW lore?

Guiz! There are several (9+) new pets in 5.4!!!!111!!!!!! I'm so excited!

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Virtual Realms are sets of realms that are fused together, and will behave exactly as if they were one cohesive realm. Players on the same Virtual Realm will be able to join guilds, access a single Auction House, join arena teams and raids, as well run dungeons or group up to complete quests.
"We'd do server merges, but that has a bad reputation, so let's call them virtual realms instead"

Cybsled

Pretty much. The game is almost 10 years old and some of those ghost town realms badly needed a merge. It's basically a server merge without calling it that ;p

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
"We'd do server merges, but that has a bad reputation, so let's call them virtual realms instead"
It's a win win for everyone this way. I don't know how a bro could stand to be on a shithouse realm in WoW though, the game is a lot worse when it feels like you're the only player there.

Edit: holy buttfucking pizza pies, Garrosh looks all fucked up. Are the Sha's supposed to be old gods?

Rime

<Donor>
The Sha are the remnants of an Old God that was 'slain'. Garrosh ends up with the heart of the Old God in question and probably eats it to gain it's powers.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Ah, the ole eat everything in sight trick. Looks like Nazgrimm is going to be a boss, going to be a disappointment if Mother Fuckin' Saurfang doesn't show up at some point. They've pretty much left their best characters (Saurfang & Tirion Fordring) out of the game since WotLK.

Those new mounts looks sweet as shit, especially the skeletal horse.

Caeden

I thought that mount and the Hearthstone beta mount were both badass.

So if this patch is out around...3 months from now. That's September. I think new xpac beta starts almost then. I'm thinking march/april release if this new faster blizzard is legit.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Garrosh isn't corrupted, he wields the power of Y'shaarj as a weapon.

Here is his dungeon journal:http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=68975

face2y.gif

Chakravartin_sl

shitlord
I guess the new heroic scenario loot is only useful for fapping at the ilevel. I won a 516 belt that managed to be a significant downgrade from a 483 LFR drop because it has no gem slots.