World of Warcraft: Current Year

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Holy shit how many of you were you ever in mirc with furor? Dude was 20 something going on 12 and acted every bit of a complete piece of shit with the "Im the God of Everquest" attitude. Everything in that statement fits.

One of my old eq friends from Luclin messaged me on steam about a class action Blizz suit involving him and before I saw anything here or elsewhere my response was I bet Furor sexually harassed some bitches. Shocker.

Omg who from Luclin messaged you?

• 3Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Guy who voiced Kael had some accusation against. When Blizzard learned of this accusation they hired a new VO for Kael and had him redo ALL of Kael's lines in WoW erasing the original VO.

Turns out the accusation was 100% bullshit. In hindsight it makes a lot of sense why Blizzard acted like this.
Thank you - sounds about right

Kiki

Log Wizard
Same thing happened at Riot. No suicides however. They coughed up like 10mil. I wonder how much Blizz will have to pay, seems like a slap on the wrist.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1626969605306.png

For context:

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So was Furor also trying to dump loads in that Hamlet thing?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
how could this happen? I thought blizzard was a pinnacle of inclusion and SJW. How could such a fine group of people who are the opposite of toxic masculinity and frat boy ambiance let this happen.

Here's the deal: People who work in video games in big companies for the most part are no better or more mature than people who fucking work in entertainment and Hollywood. A lot of big egos, a lot of fucking kids in grown up bodies, and a lot of fucking depraved dipshits.

Fuck Blizzard.

Fuck Furor.

Fuck all of the people in that shitty fucking company.

• 7Worf
  • 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 14 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Who was the NPC that was removed?
Swifty had his NPC removed from the game.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
You have to laugh at the response by Blizzard basically admitting everything happened by saying "but we've changed!, I swear"!!!

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
how could this happen? I thought blizzard was a pinnacle of inclusion and SJW. How could such a fine group of people who are the opposite of toxic masculinity and frat boy ambiance let this happen.
I'm thinking what actually happened is that someone in upper levels of management realized that the company culture was a dumpster fire and started reactively hiring people to try to counterbalance the toxicity and then just imploded the company culture even further.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Because the surefire cure for idiot toxicity is hiring MORE idiot toxicity but with extra brain damage!

• 4Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Step 1: out of court settlement.
Step 2: layoffs and restructuring, purging most of the people on both sides. Especially anyone that cooperated with the state.
Step 3: Blizzard HQ moves to Austin TX.

Congratulations, you played yourselves.
This isn't necessary a bad thing. Blizzard's only shot at recovery as a company worthy of the name would involve cleaning house and completely reinventing itself.

But they'd have to get rid of that shit for brains CEO too, and I don't see that happening.

• 4Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How dare we not accept this attention seeking whores word for it.. get off your high house faggot. Believe all whaman :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :honkler: :honkler:

In most cases I am skeptical, not in this one.

For those of us who all spent 12 hours a day everyday fucking day for years in and out in the same three or four mirc chats together in those days, this is not a surprise. Was a tightknit community and you get to see the good and bad.

Narcissistic extreme douchebag would be how most people described him who spent any time interacting with him online (at least 99% of everyone in my guild who ever interacted with him). He even tried taking credit for our worldfirst AoW kill saying he told us the strat (the same one we had been abusing behind closed doors for months farming smaller stuff so that people wouldn't take notice of and nerf it till we had enough enchanters to pull it off in a big raid -- ie Vindicator, primal farming etc).

• 6Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users