World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cybsled

Oh no.

So this seems to imply that 9.3 was meant to be Icecrown and Jailer is actually a good guy trying to unite the cosmos against unknown cliffhanger big bad.

Why the fuck is the end of an expansion and the Warcraft 3 saga a cliffhanger... I expected at least... something...

So basically the plot of Xcom2? Bad guys enslave billions because they claim it is needed to stop something worse than them?

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
A cosmos divided shall not survive...

...cue 17th revival of Alliance / Horde war for the expansion reveal?

(What a giant wet fart of an expansion from start to finish. Imagine what the subscriber numbers would be if people weren't Covid-starved for entertainment at launch.)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So basically the plot of Xcom2? Bad guys enslave billions because they claim it is needed to stop something worse than them?
I think that was also the plot of Half Life 2, technically.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Looks like someone has to prove to his new owners that they didn't invest into a dying game:

7345hjh666733.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
"You are not prepared for what is coming!"

"Okay. So if you know, could you tell us so we can GET prepared?"

"Errrr -- I mean I guess I could have tried that first...."

• 1Like

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Hardcore Raider in Vanilla and Burning Crusade

This is your fucking raiding experience in WoW and you're here talking about the difficulty of ff14 raids vs modern wow raids? Holy fuck you're even more stupid than in the political threads. :emoji_fork_knife_plate::emoji_poop::emoji_coffin::emoji_gay_pride_flag:

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
This is your fucking raiding experience in WoW and you're here talking about the difficulty of ff14 raids vs modern wow raids? Holy fuck you're even more stupid than in the political threads. :emoji_fork_knife_plate::emoji_poop::emoji_coffin::emoji_gay_pride_flag:
How does difficulty now compare to Sunwell?

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Watch the KJ world first then the painsmith world first - they are not close. Recent WoW mythics are a lot more like FF savage/ultimate raid design but with a dps check too. (Early on, at least)

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's strange because I remember Danuser did the final updates on Vanguard that were well received, as well as the first 2-3 xpacs for EQ2 which were pretty good. This makes no sense.

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
Could you imagine using these shitty Blizzard Storytelling Techniques in real life?

Boss: "Hey Bob, we need to have a talk. Your team failed to meet any of your deliverables for this sprint. This is a very serious problem; the client is furious, corporate is upset, and the project is in real trouble."

Bob: "I know this looks bad on the surface, boss. Thing is: this is all part of my master plan! See, I needed to be the bad guy and get everyone upset with me so that we would all band together and have the strength to defeat the TRUE EVIL."

Boss: "Wait, what?"

Bob: "Yeah, turns out there's a incredibly evil and sinister threat looming over all of us that no one - not you or me or the client or even the Tuscon office - can possibly ever defeat unless we come together and work as a team."

Boss: "When the fuck did this happen?"

Bob: "Oh, it's been going on for years. In fact, it turns out the secret looming evil was behind a ton of bad stuff ALL ALONG! Remember when someone used jerk off on the bran muffins, then put them back into the break room? Secret looming evil."

Boss: "That was Larry from the UX team. We caught him on camera."

Bob: "Who do you think put him up to it, though? Secret looming evil, that's who."

Boss: "So you knew about this secret looming evil all along, but didn't bother to tell anyone until just now - the very moment when you totally fucked up?"

Bob: "Yeah, it's pretty funny coincidence. Luckily, you have me and my master plan to defeat the secret looming evil so everything totally works out. In fact, I'm kind of a hero when you think about it."

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
It's strange because I remember Danuser did the final updates on Vanguard that were well received, as well as the first 2-3 xpacs for EQ2 which were pretty good. This makes no sense.
I feel the story would have been received more warmly if they adhered to traditional spelling guidelines.

Jailer? NO THX.
Jai'l'ur? WIN!