World of Warcraft: Current Year

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The voice acting quality is definitely all over the place... You have a-listers like darin de Paul doing random nobodies you only talk to once, then you get random nobodies voicing important npc's that you talk to throughout the story...

Funnily, I recently redid the worgen starting zone since I didn't remember any of it and one of the main npc's, Darius Crowley, has THE WORST voice in the entire game, possibly all of gaming. I highly recommend everyone go start a new worgen just to hear him, he's awful

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

The voice acting quality is definitely all over the place... You have a-listers like darin de Paul doing random nobodies you only talk to once, then you get random nobodies voicing important npc's that you talk to throughout the story...

I wouldn't be shocked if it came down to money. ActiBlizz cheaps out, meanwhile SE is getting GoT actors

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I wouldn't be shocked if it came down to money. ActiBlizz cheaps out, meanwhile SE is getting GoT actors
Yeah, as I was typing it I had the same thought. But it does make a certain amount of sense... So much more dialogue is voiced in FF14 and story takes much more precedence as well. It's clear that's where the money goes in that game.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Why are any of you paying for this fucking trash?

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea FF14 is pretty gay in every other aspect, but the VAs and the story really shine through. Too bad we can't have FF14 VA and story with WOW gameplay.

Also dragon riding is fucking awesome.

• 1Like

Otto

Dear lord the voice acting is so bad I had to mute it. I just noticed they redid a lot of the Goblin voices and half my emotes seem to be gone. The voice acting from FFXIV has really spoiled me.

I am having fun questing with some old guildies though. Haven't played together since SL launch.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why are any of you paying for this fucking trash?
1669748413931.png

Come join us in the land of dick choppers.

• 1Double Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Played most of the day without any issues. I was expecting launch to be a mess because it always is, but outside of the boat going afk, I only had one random dc that didn't seem to be caused by anything.

I don't know what they did, but after taking the portal at the docks, me and my friend only rarely ever saw anyone. I'm guessing the servers were just heavily instanced, which was nice because I think there was only once where one or two people were on their proto drake's sitting on the quest turn-in as well as being plenty of gathering resources around.

Like I said, I only dc'd once randomly but my friend dc'd probably 30% of the time after landing on her drake. She was back in real quick though so outside of being frustrating it didn't really slow us down at all

Meh, one of the things I was looking forward to about playing on launch week was seeing tons of other people in the zones doing the same thing.

Well, probably better off having things be instanced rather than overcrowded.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I have no idea what is going on with this degenerate game(or genre), so I have no idea what, if any, thread name changes are merited. What is going on with WoW?

WoW is all tranny-fied now with people in gimp suits running around shooting rainbows.

Also Shadowlands isn't even the current expansion anymore.

Hence "Scissor Me Daddy Edition", or if you want to be accurate (but boring), just "Retail"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Made it to level 70, finished the story and completed most of what I wanted to do on day 1. I went into this one without completely blind (did not play beta, did not look anything up and apart from logging in a day or two beforehand to spend talent points and fix the UI a bit, it was a fresh run).

The good:

- No borrowed powered. Thank fucking God. It's about time they realize how fucking dumb their systems were.
- The dragon flight is actually pretty fun. I was surprised by this.
- The MSQ was actually a lot better than the shit that was BFA/SL. I found myself not skipping every cutscene, which I assign to the fact that there was no Sylvanas.
- The talent system being back is a huge plus.

The bad:

- There were way too many side quests.
- A lot of the side quests were absolute trash tier. Where before the side stuff was top quality, it's now become cringe.

Overall, it's better than SL/BFA. It's nowhere close to a home run though and won't last me very long.
Man, that’s a pretty mild “bad”. You day one 70’d talking about trash side quests? How are these side quests any different than any other side quests that you’re not reading…lol.
I’m 65 and it just seems like the standard fare to me…same volume, same speed. Whatever.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is it still quest hub area. Do 3 things for 2 people then 3 things for intermediate then new quest hub?

Oh look we changed it up! We now have 3 people to do 3 things for! Wowzers!

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I wasn't aware that anyone here played WoW for any reason other than the gameplay.
I could have a story about literally anything as long as the gameplay is good.

That being said; the gameplay is actually really fucking good and I'm surprised by how good it is thus far. Definitely wasn't expecting to enjoy this xpac.

DH feels like a real class now, combat is responsive and no sign of time gated bullshit that matters. I'm still worried, despite everything, that some Diablo Immortal-esque hidden timegate / p2w bullshit will appear after the 90day initial mark when refunds can no longer be issued. But for now, I'm enjoying it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I wasn't aware that anyone here played WoW for any reason other than the gameplay.
I could have a story about literally anything as long as the gameplay is good.

That being said; the gameplay is actually really fucking good and I'm surprised by how good it is thus far. Definitely wasn't expecting to enjoy this xpac.

DH feels like a real class now, combat is responsive and no sign of time gated bullshit that matters. I'm still worried, despite everything, that some Diablo Immortal-esque hidden timegate / p2w bullshit will appear after the 90day initial mark when refunds can no longer be issued. But for now, I'm enjoying it.
I've been watching a number of interviews Blizzard has been having with members of the community and they are saying all the right things. Whether or not they'll actually do those things remains to be seen. But, so far so good and this is easily the best Xpac since Legion, maybe even Cata.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
WoW is all tranny-fied now with people in gimp suits running around shooting rainbows.

Also Shadowlands isn't even the current expansion anymore.

Hence "Scissor Me Daddy Edition", or if you want to be accurate (but boring), just "Retail"
Me admiring the new thread title I came up with:

EDIT: Another mod changed mine! Fucking Nazis

Looking Up Meme GIFs | Tenor

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users