World of Warcraft: Current Year

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
10.4? What? Did they even have a 9.3?

You get 10.2 then an 18 month content drought.
They did not. My point is, we're supposed to have a 10.2 by the end of 2023. The next expansion would likely be November 2024.

That gives time for a 10.3 and 10.4 at this cadence (major patch every 3 quarters)

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
They did not. My point is, we're supposed to have a 10.2 by the end of 2023. The next expansion would likely be November 2024.

That gives time for a 10.3 and 10.4 at this cadence (major patch every 3 quarters)
There is never a major patch while they're pumping out and "testing" the expansion. At best, you get a feb/march patch in 2024, and that's it.

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
Seems they did not bother testing timewalking, monster damage numbers are slightly out of whack....like getting 1 - 2 shot by boss mechanics

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
What’s your gear level? Me and my buddy face rolled all of our time walking dungeons. I’m pretty sure I could have tanked all the bosses as a rogue.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
What’s your gear level? Me and my buddy face rolled all of our time walking dungeons. I’m pretty sure I could have tanked all the bosses as a rogue.

They had a post saying scaling for timewalking was way off for the first few hours today after maintenance. It got Hotfixed around 4 or 5pm iirc.

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
They had a post saying scaling for timewalking was way off for the first few hours today after maintenance. It got Hotfixed around 4 or 5pm iirc.
That would explain it, i was doing it at like noon so things were crazy and my Ilvl is 390 so I am not exactly squishy.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
That would explain it, i was doing it at like noon so things were crazy and my Ilvl is 390 so I am not exactly squishy.
Some things are still off e.g. two ticks in the Grimrail depot touching the fire before the last boss and you are gone. But yes. everything seems too easy now with 370+ gearlevel, DDs can tank the bosses etc.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's pretty good but it's just my opinion, I'm not stating facts since based on the video you just posted, you don't look like the type of person interested by facts.
I'm interested to hear about the number of fights, difficulty, trash, storyline etc

I've heard literally zero other than what the last boss is and I do read this thread often.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So are Enhance Shamans good or bad this time? They always go through cycles with most of the time being shit. Also, which class is a good universal tank?

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So are Enhance Shamans good or bad this time? They always go through cycles with most of the time being shit. Also, which class is a good universal tank?
Enhancement Shm are possibly doing the best the have ever done and Warriors are outperforming all other tanks in all content.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
It's pretty good but it's just my opinion, I'm not stating facts since based on the video you just posted, you don't look like the type of person interested by facts.

I haven't played the raid, but FFXIV still has a higher # of players playing because it's an entirely different game.

Though, a lot of them are ex-WoW players who are still disenfranchised by Blizzard's previous activity (sexual harassment allegations, timegating, daily grind, inconsistencies with gear progression, lack of interesting story, etc) and have found a better home in XIV, be it temporarily or permanently.

I expect WoW to grow slowly again - because if you just suffered through BFA & SL after experiencing Legion, you'd be cautious wading back into the game, too.

Holly Longdale & co seem to be killing it across Wrath Classic + Retail. I'm glad she's at the helm; she's one of the real ones.
Daybreak had put a muzzle on her leadership capabilities, and it shows.

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My wife wanted to play. I logged onto a character I have not played since Legion. I also noticed that there must have been a great Culling as a lot of my characters are missing. My main one and the one with the leveling gear exists. So, I am way behind. I will mess around with this most likely until Throne and Liberty or Alpha 2 for Ashes of creation starts.

Can Horde group with Alliance yet??

Last edited:

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
My wife wanted to play. I logged onto a character I have not played since Legion. I also noticed that there must have been a great Culling as a lot of my characters are missing. My main one and the one with the leveling gear exists. So, I am way behind. I will mess around with this most likely until Throne and Liberty or Alpha 2 for Ashes of creation starts.

Can Horde group with Alliance yet??
They can... sort of.

1. Ensure that you have your cross-faction partner’s BattleTag or Real ID friendship
    • You can also become members of a cross-faction WoW Community
  2. Enter the Group Finder
    • You will be able to turn cross-faction play on and off here
  3. Dive into your chosen instanceand give ’em hell!
    • Note that players of the opposite faction will remain hostile outside of the instance, but will be friendly inside

You can't do the following instances as they are tied to the story:

• Baradin Hold
  • Battle of Dazar’alor
  • Icecrown Citadel
  • Siege of Boralus
  • Trial of the Champion
  • Trial of the Crusader
  • Vault of Archavon
  • Darkmaul Citadel (Exile’s Reach beginner zone dungeon)

Argarth

On the verandah
Managed to level every class to at least 60 this time round (except Dracthyr, can't stand the look so I'll never play one).

First time I've ever had the "full" roster. Chromie Time is that good, even with the Pre-patch xp bonuses removed. I guess the 4-year break helped, and being able to fool around easily with different talent builds as I went was a big part of the enjoyment. Super casual, no idea how long I'll stay, still having fun.

Chris

Potato del Grande

• 2Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Holly Longdale & co seem to be killing it across Wrath Classic

Lol no, ulduar can't come quick enough. Everyone is sick of naxx, a raid which is only in wotlk because very few people cleared it 20 years ago. Except now everyone playing wotlk classic cleared it in vanilla classic, but have been stuck with a nerfed version since October