World of Warcraft: Current Year

Nxs_sl

shitlord
I used open raid before i joined a raiding guild - never liked oQueue myself.

OpenRaid
Yea, I did the same thing. OpenRaid takes a little more investment, but it pays off big time. I've always experienced good raids using OpenRaid. Can't say the same about oQueue
smile.png

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yea, I did the same thing. OpenRaid takes a little more investment, but it pays off big time. I've always experienced good raids using OpenRaid. Can't say the same about oQueue
smile.png
Are they more pickup style or more scheduled style?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So for someone that is only used to SWTOR, what class would you suggest for their first time playing? I'm obviously thinking a DPS. For me, I've played WoW so long they all seem easy, but I realized this may not be the case to a true WoW noob.

I'll show him about addons and stuff, so he won't be that dude that's like hey, someone link meters! (seriously? take 2 seconds and install Recount?)

I don't know if he'd want the option of playing a different role, so a DPS like druid or paladin, would give those options.

I suppose it may be a moot point question... all the classes are easy. lol

bayr_sl

shitlord
4 burdens and no rings/neck to use them on. I'm really tempted to just level my other characters to 90 for the chests hoping to get them. I'm still using green rings

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
4 burdens and no rings/neck to use them on. I'm really tempted to just level my other characters to 90 for the chests hoping to get them. I'm still using green rings
Just buy the Justice Point Rings or something if you're trying to get off the island and start the raids. Raidings barrier to entry is so much smaller now.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I have been playin around on a disc priest alt lately, up to 48 now, atonement healing in pugs is pretty fun. Haven't tried monk yet, I hear mixed things about them.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
I have been playin around on a disc priest alt lately, up to 48 now, atonement healing in pugs is pretty fun. Haven't tried monk yet, I hear mixed things about them.
I'm only doing level 30-40 dungeons right now so it's mainly just steamrolling shit with 5 heirloom'd out people, but from what level 90's tanking raids tell me if you stop paying attention for a split second shit will get real bad real fast.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So further update with trying a tank, got my brewmaster monk up to 42:

Toxixs @ Blades Edge - Community - World of Warcraft

I will go on the record right now and say, officially, this is the most fucked up, unfair, OP class to ever appear in this game.
When I was leveling up, on more than a handful of occasions did our tank and/or healer (sometimes both) leave the group, and myself (mage) and 2 DPS monks finished the dungeon no problem.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
No class will be as OP as the 1st edition Blood DKs. LOLfest in BGs and 2 could duo the first few BC dungeons easily
I have buddies that say they wont engage a Monk in PVP unless they have all CD's ready and with less than 2 people backing them up, and even then if it takes 10 minutes of all 3 of them fighting him to win they get super excited and proud.

I do know DK's were stupid OP, I wonder if this "new class is OP" trend is going to be a thing forever.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I switched my Main over to the Monk Tank when I came back a couple months ago. He was really OP leveling up. Even without Heirlooms (Cross server wasnt available yet), I was still doing better DPS than most people decked out in them. After spending some time with other tanks on varying difficulties of SoO though, I still find that I think the Paladin is a better Tank. Most paladins I run up against do about 10k healing/ps more than I do, per fight, on average. Take less spike damage than other tanks. Have better CD's than most classes and lastly.. the Paladins Im around typically do more DPS than I do. I would just think I suck at my rotation or something, but I usually out DPS Warrior, DK and Druid Tanks in comparison. Though, none of the tanks are necessarily shitty in regards to each other. I just think the Paladin has the upper hand.

Oh, and yea... playing a DK tank when they came out was good times.