World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
New round of Beta invites went out (at least, I got one in my mail). Character copy is in maintenance or something, so you can at least start the install.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Too bad that buff does nothing if you are on the Test of Valor part. Mandatory 3 weeks unless I'm missing something, right?
No shit, worthless for my char because I just hit 3K for this week... will expire before I can even do anything since I have to wait 3 weeks before I can collect runestones. What a dumb buff.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Still not in beta
frown.png

Rime

<Donor>
You do not need an active subscription to play in the Beta, according to the forums. Lucky, as I just received an invitation to the beta... but was not going to use it if I had to subscribe again.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I just got fed up and downloaded an achievement add on that just fakes the Garrosh kill. It works like 9 out of 10 times because people are too lazy to actually check the WoW armory. Itll help you secure a real Garrosh Kill and then you can just delete the addon.
Oh wow. That's evil.
Going to download that as soon as I get home.

Baghwan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Haven't played a Blizzard beta since that 1 day stress test during vanilla beta, logged into test server, some fucking druid moonfire spammed me in Org, crashed.

kaxfenix

N00b
Yeah I read that they were looking at inviting people who have been long term players ( subscribers ) to WoW.. My account was activated 10 minutes after midnight on vanilla Launch day .. I have NEVER gotten an invite to any beta..Certainly not yet for WoD... Sad Kaxfenix is Sad..
frown.png

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I read that they were looking at inviting people who have been long term players ( subscribers ) to WoW.. My account was activated 10 minutes after midnight on vanilla Launch day .. I have NEVER gotten an invite to any beta..Certainly not yet for WoD... Sad Kaxfenix is Sad..
frown.png
They also said sub time, not account age. So if you haven't subbed since vanilla and someone else has been subbed since MoP launched two years ago, they have seniority over you for the purpose of invite distribution.

They gave themselves an out saying that was the target, and there is no guaranteed invite range for veteran players.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is the first beta for WoW that Ive ever been involved in. The finished product is going to be tits, but right now in Beta, a lot of shit is missing. You have White Concept Art looking NPC's, missing cut scenes, no voice acting in some parts, and several mobs that are serving as only Place Holders. Its beta, so this is obvious - but Im just saying you probably wouldnt enjoy it as much as you think you would because with some of this shit missing, you lose your place in the story quickly and have to figure out what happened to pick back up. Though, I will say, with this beta - its allowed me to actually follow the story because I dont have any intention of keeping up with "I used my vacation time to get lvl 100 in a day" guy while in beta, that Im going to have to keep a reasonable pace against in Retail. But its obvious how much of an advantage Im going to have against players that werent in the Beta when retail hits.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
This is the first beta for WoW that Ive ever been involved in. The finished product is going to be tits, but right now in Beta, a lot of shit is missing. You have White Concept Art looking NPC's, missing cut scenes, no voice acting in some parts, and several mobs that are serving as only Place Holders. Its beta, so this is obvious - but Im just saying you probably wouldnt enjoy it as much as you think you would because with some of this shit missing, you lose your place in the story quickly and have to figure out what happened to pick back up. Though, I will say, with this beta - its allowed me to actually follow the story because I dont have any intention of keeping up with "I used my vacation time to get lvl 100 in a day" guy while in beta, that Im going to have to keep a reasonable pace against in Retail. But its obvious how much of an advantage Im going to have against players that werent in the Beta when retail hits.
The missing cutscense/white npcs/etc is sort of normal. They want the story/cutscenes to be new/fresh at release.

Opimo_sl

shitlord
The missing cutscense/white npcs/etc is sort of normal. They want the story/cutscenes to be new/fresh at release.
If NPCs aren't textured / modeled / animated, they just aren't done yet. They always leave out voice acting and cutscenes though. Blizzard Betas / Alphas are generally more polished than most live games.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
They also said sub time, not account age. So if you haven't subbed since vanilla and someone else has been subbed since MoP launched two years ago, they have seniority over you for the purpose of invite distribution.

They gave themselves an out saying that was the target, and there is no guaranteed invite range for veteran players.
Heh, I've been subbed for most of wow history, off maybe a month per year on average and never was in a beta of any kind. Tough luck I guess, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm gonna hit 90 shortly and I'm sitting on 35k timeless coins, 500 lesser charms, 6 plate timeless pieces (+ dupes) and one ring and a necklace, and two BoE. I'm a DK and I like tanking, so what's the best way to continue that? Is there a tank 'progression' through raids or should I expect to DPS and use off-rolls for tank gear?

Also, is the 20k Timeless coin 2h a good purchase for a fresh 90 or is there another weapon I should look at?

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm gonna hit 90 shortly and I'm sitting on 35k timeless coins, 500 lesser charms, 6 plate timeless pieces (+ dupes) and one ring and a necklace, and two BoE. I'm a DK and I like tanking, so what's the best way to continue that? Is there a tank 'progression' through raids or should I expect to DPS and use off-rolls for tank gear?

Also, is the 20k Timeless coin 2h a good purchase for a fresh 90 or is there another weapon I should look at?
I wouldn't buy the weapon. Can buy 20 mogu runes for that 20k and use them in ToT lfr on weapon/trinket bosses. Can get a 450 weapon for free doing arena of annihilation scenario.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Granted its a noticeable difference between a geared tank and one thats not geared, you can skate by in LFR with greens/tank gems. I did, at least.