World of Warcraft: Current Year

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Are there actually people out there who expect WoW to go back from 5-6mil subs to the over 10mil it had years ago?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So my pre-order free level 90 boost is still up in there air.

Had narrowed it down to Warlock or Priest, but then my buddy says I should make an elemental shaman. Sorta pewpew like a mage, but fun AoE? there was some talk about enhancement shamans being kinda weird right now, but how are elemental? I remember always getting pissed at their chain lightning! Would be top of the heroic dungeon meters, for doing nothing. Bitches!

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member

Had narrowed it down to Warlock or Priest, but then my buddy says I should make an elemental shaman. Sorta pewpew like a mage, but fun AoE? there was some talk about enhancement shamans being kinda weird right now, but how are elemental? I remember always getting pissed at their chain lightning! Would be top of the heroic dungeon meters, for doing nothing. Bitches!
Spriest is pretty good in 6.0, right now they're not that bad either as well. They're basically better affliction locks.

Destro Warlock is top dps in PVE in 5.4.8, but in 6.0 I heard they're getting a bit of nerf to mobility with the removal of Fel Flame.

Ele shaman has too much of a learning curve, but I heard they are fucking monsters if played correctly. I've seen them completely wreck my shit in PVP which surprised me. Have no PVE experience with them.

Nxs_sl

shitlord

I'm not so sure if I would enjoy WoD Elemental Shaman now that they've gotten rid of casting Lightning Bolt on the move. I don't know if they increased the damage on it, but if not it will be like the start of Cataclysm where soloing stuff was very painful compared to other classes. They're fun when you get good gear though. It's great to see all the Elemental Overload procs.

If you want an awesome caster, however, just roll a warlock.

I'm only speaking from a PvE perspective btw. Haven't PvP-ed seriously since season 4.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Welp, that's that. Time for Blizzard to file for bankruptcy.
If thats not the most obvious fucking answer to that dumb ass question. Why would you even waste his time with that?

Come on. Everyone knows brewmasters are OP as shit on live and you have to be dumb as fuck if you didn't see the nerf bat coming on that.
A brewmaster has enough passive heals, active heals and oh shit heals that he could effectively sub for being his own private low ilvl raid healer. Thats why theyre OP. But instead of just nerfing those abilities in particular, they feel the need to do sweeping changes to the entire monk tree and the only class role thats getting a benefit out of the changes is the Mistweaver. If people knew more about the strengths and weaknesses of the Monk, then I think people would agree that the nerf bat is a little heavy on the class. To go from OP to underpowered in comparison to your counter parts doesnt give you confidence that they know what the fuck theyre doing. Much less, the fact that it doesnt even feel like any of them play a Monk.

Its as if Furor took over the Monk Class and we all know how much he loves Monks.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm not so sure if I would enjoy WoD Elemental Shaman now that they've gotten rid of casting Lightning Bolt on the move. I don't know if they increased the damage on it, but if not it will be like the start of Cataclysm where soloing stuff was very painful compared to other classes. They're fun when you get good gear though. It's great to see all the Elemental Overload procs.

If you want an awesome caster, however, just roll a warlock.

I'm only speaking from a PvE perspective btw. Haven't PvP-ed seriously since season 4.
Ya, I'm 98% concerned with PvE, although the forced PvP for the legendary cloak quest enlightened me a bit. Was pretty fun to do that.

I probably should just roll a warlock. Played since vanilla and never have played one. Even in MoP when they were so OP I still never played one. Don't know why.
frown.png

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If they wanted to remove OP Brewmaster shit why didn't they remove Desperate Measures? Expel Harm completely invalidating entire stretches of fights (and the healers), seems a bit more OP than "A charge and 1.5% avoidance."
smile.png

Felmega_sl

shitlord
If thats not the most obvious fucking answer to that dumb ass question. Why would you even waste his time with that?

A brewmaster has enough passive heals, active heals and oh shit heals that he could effectively sub for being his own private low ilvl raid healer. Thats why theyre OP. But instead of just nerfing those abilities in particular, they feel the need to do sweeping changes to the entire monk tree and the only class role thats getting a benefit out of the changes is the Mistweaver. If people knew more about the strengths and weaknesses of the Monk, then I think people would agree that the nerf bat is a little heavy on the class. To go from OP to underpowered in comparison to your counter parts doesnt give you confidence that they know what the fuck theyre doing. Much less, the fact that it doesnt even feel like any of them play a Monk.

Its as if Furor took over the Monk Class and we all know how much he loves Monks.
New classes are always OP in order to build the consensus in the community that the class is a viable substitute for the tried and true.
The nerf comes eventually - take Blood DK's as an example. BM Monks wont suck though, they just wont be faceroll easy anymore.

Daidraco

Right, thanks for not catching my point at all. But most people see it as just a common complaint and roll their eyes so I cant fault you anyways.

Edit:
If they wanted to remove OP Brewmaster shit why didn't they remove Desperate Measures? Expel Harm completely invalidating entire stretches of fights (and the healers), seems a bit more OP than "A charge and 1.5% avoidance."
smile.png
And thats exactly what Im pointing the finger at. There is shit that is definitely OP with the Brewmaster but its like theyre oblivious to it. That, or they have this "Vision (tm)" of what abilities a Monk has and are sticking to it so strongly that they are neutering the class in all aspects but those.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Oh ya, the stuff involved with just the legendary quest keeps me busier than I sometimes can complete each week doing it on 2 toons. I worded it wrong, but it's weird. There is a lot to do, but at the same time, I feel there isn't shit to do. This feeling probably stems from having done it for so long already.
Probably because there's no actual new content. The stuff that's out there to do is all based around repetition of things in zones you've already seen, bosses you've already killed, quests you've already done, etc. There's still new goals to go for - farming gold, mounts, pets, transmog gear, achievements, raid gear, exalted rep, etc - but none of it is in new content. Each day I log in I know exactly what I'll be doing and about how long it'll all take. They try to mix it up with rotating daily sets and what-not, but still. New goals to do, but all in the same content [zones].

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any of you guys interested in doing Challenge Modes, and/or is there a forum or channel or somethin where I can find players looking to do them? There was talk of them in this thread a while ago and so many of you said how much fun (and challenging!) they were, and since I also think the armor looks pretty cool I wanna do them.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Are there actually people out there who expect WoW to go back from 5-6mil subs to the over 10mil it had years ago?
Probably the same type of people who think EQ1, if released with the exact same mechanics today, would be a massive success and that the world craves EQ1 in a browser.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Any of you guys interested in doing Challenge Modes, and/or is there a forum or channel or somethin where I can find players looking to do them? There was talk of them in this thread a while ago and so many of you said how much fun (and challenging!) they were, and since I also think the armor looks pretty cool I wanna do them.
I've been using openraid.org. You never know how they'll turn out though.

You might be able to find one in oQueue as well.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Everyone on the raid team is online 5 minutes early, ready to roll, no need to grab random bad guildies to fill out from 20->25.... and every server implodes the moment I throw the first barrel at Immerseus.

Timing!

Daidraco

Everyone on the raid team is online 5 minutes early, ready to roll, no need to grab random bad guildies to fill out from 20->25.... and every server implodes the moment I throw the first barrel at Immerseus.

Timing!
I never did ask you what server/faction you were on?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'd be interested in rocking some gold CMs. I'd love to get them knocked out on my rogue, pal, and shm since they're supposedly retiring the armor. Dandai#1755 - I play Horde.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I played a resto shaman in BC and then used that character as a JCing alt since running with Elemental specs. I really scratch my head at the change back to motionless casting for shaman in WoD. I read their logic and reasoning, but from a quality of life standpoint I just don't see it. For a game which keeps ramping up the dynamic nature of movement intensive fights having casters be rooted to the ground seems odd.

I played a resto shaman in BC and then used that character as a JCing alt since running with Elemental specs. I really scratch my head at the change back to motionless casting for shaman in WoD. I read their logic and reasoning, but from a quality of life standpoint I just don't see it. For a game which keeps ramping up the dynamic nature of movement intensive fights having casters be rooted to the ground seems odd.
From what I've read they are taking away or at least limiting pretty much every classes movement based abilities. I don't have the links but I remember some posts about how the "movement bloat" has had a negative effect on raid design mechanics in that they need to keep upping the complexity and the movement timings in order to actually bring difficulty to the encounter, and they are at a point where they've reached the limit on how many ways they can try to counter all the movement simply via mechanics. So they think that pruning back all the mobility will allow them some more breathing space when it comes to encounter design. From my shaman friends that are in the beta it seems like ele is doing fairly well in comparison to the other ranged dpsers even with lightning bolt movement taken away.

edit:

I should add that I've mained an elemental Shaman for a long time and while I do like the mobile playstyle, I never had a problem in any version of the game with keeping up competitive dps. Just have to learn and adapt as always.