World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm in. I started on the leveling server as it does a decent job of hand-holding you through new characters (my guess is to get those "powerboosted" 90s into the rhythm of their specs), but did it as my main, so it was boring as fuck. Started another character on the lvl 100 server, went and "spawned my garrison", and then logged off because I had other shit to do. I've just not had the draw to log in.

I might try the leveling server again as another class (non-rogue) just to see what alt I should level once WoD drops. PM me if you want my battletag.
Im sure its obvious, but if you dont know any better - Dont take a lot away from the Beta. With so much being kept on the back burner for release, and constant character wipes - it'll just leave a bad taste in your mouth. The raid zones are using quite a few place holders, as well. I highly recommend coming back for this expansion, but dont judge it based off whats only available during beta.

Well that's one way to get federal attention.
Blatantly touting over a network as obvious as Twitter, which has a CIA office in its San Fran building is about as f'n herp derp as you can get. Its not like they wont share information with other agencies. Denial of Service attacks are one thing, but bomb threats to an Air Liner sky rocked that dumb shit to an immediate concern.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I laughed, but that is fucked up. DDOSing a company, hey sure whatever you're an asshole that discovered LOIC. But individual people that really haven't done much of anything? eh. Whatever though, bunch of retards for posting about it on twitter.

That said, I haven't played since MoP launch and before that really was wotlk. Thinking of resubbing cause the expac got me hype.
Have they done anything better with abilities in the xpac? Is my druid still going to have like 15 situational abilities? cause I'm over that annoying shit.

Also, should I horde or alliance
ah gahd the choices

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I haven't played since Cata, I didn't make it 2 levels in Cata and I think someone bought me MoP and I played for 2 days before getting bored. That being said that cinematic has got my pantalones tightened up, I hope I don't cave.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm already caving, it's over. I know I shouldn't resub and I should just wait but for the fact that I am a huge lorefag and also Grom is one of my favorite characters in Warcraft means I'm gonna. Even if I only play for a week (which is probably the case).

I think the only reason I don't really want to resub for sure is because I don't know anybody at all that still plays that I used to love playing with.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Haha what has Smedley done recently to even get targeted like that? Were these script kiddies even old enough to play when we were all disgruntled EQ players jokingly hating on Smed and the crew cause it was the cool thing to do?

Daidraco

I'm already caving, it's over. I know I shouldn't resub and I should just wait but for the fact that I am a huge lorefag and also Grom is one of my favorite characters in Warcraft means I'm gonna. Even if I only play for a week (which is probably the case).
Which thats WoW. You're either hooked after a week, or you're bored to tears. The content may be good, but its a mystery to me why I will love the f'k out of WoW one minute and roll my eyes at it the next.

Vilmz_sl

shitlord
Haha what has Smedley done recently to even get targeted like that? Were these script kiddies even old enough to play when we were all disgruntled EQ players jokingly hating on Smed and the crew cause it was the cool thing to do?
I think the only thing these little twats know is Halo and CoD. And internet memes.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Im sure its obvious, but if you dont know any better - Dont take a lot away from the Beta. With so much being kept on the back burner for release, and constant character wipes - it'll just leave a bad taste in your mouth. The raid zones are using quite a few place holders, as well. I highly recommend coming back for this expansion, but dont judge it based off whats only available during beta.

Blatantly touting over a network as obvious as Twitter, which has a CIA office in its San Fran building is about as f'n herp derp as you can get. Its not like they wont share information with other agencies. Denial of Service attacks are one thing, but bomb threats to an Air Liner sky rocked that dumb shit to an immediate concern.
why do you highly recommend coming back for this expac? my cousin is basically begging me to play, nothing good is out or coming out really archeage wich is p2w really. I have not played since naxx/BT why do you recommend it?

Daidraco

A lot of Quality of Life improvements, which includes item stat squish, removal of some stats, ability bloat etc. etc. Some of the best dungeons Ive done in a fucking while. Still pretty linear, but the concept of some of them is just brilliant. Some of the lore is tied up and a few of the lore buffs I know really enjoy the new lore thats came out. Some people are enjoying the class changes. Depending on your class, you might too. This expansion is just far, far better than Cata and nothing is really rehashed like you think it would be. The Orc presence isnt as in your face as the cinematics would lead you to believe, either. Without really getting into the raid scene, I just dont think I could compare MoP to WoD yet, if you're curious.

Oh, and for those of you that use it. Apoc said there is a working version of Honorbuddy all ready for WoD release. You wont have to wait a month or two like whoever said.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That was me Daid, and that is what the forums had typically said for a wait time after an expansion, however just this weekend I read as well that there was already a working HB for WoD beta at least. I'm curious how quickly the combat routine makers can modify their routines. I hope that they are all in beta getting ready.
smile.png

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah. I know, I've managed every beta since TBC, so I'm used to it.

xzi

Mouthbreather
What exactly do you mean by ability bloat? If it's what I think it is, I may be interested in playing my druid again. After playing GW2 and Wildstar, having a few abilities to choose from at one time was so much better imo. I can't stand that on my druid half of my bars were extremely situational spells.

I might re-sub tomorrow and grind some rep because I'm into that sorta thing. Or level a hunter. Haven't decided.

What exactly do you mean by ability bloat? If it's what I think it is, I may be interested in playing my druid again. After playing GW2 and Wildstar, having a few abilities to choose from at one time was so much better imo. I can't stand that on my druid half of my bars were extremely situational spells.

I might re-sub tomorrow and grind some rep because I'm into that sorta thing. Or level a hunter. Haven't decided.
Yup and Druids are getting their spells pruned more then just about any other class at this point.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow, this game can be overwhelming. Pet battles, Factions, Quests to finish and I have only hit a couple of areas for Archeology. I hit 90th and now I am starting the game. For a new person coming back before the next expansion, what is the best way to gear up? I do not expect to ever walk into the latest Heroic raid dungeon but I would like to gear up some. The Island with the coins appears to drop random 486(I think) gear off the mobs. I play an Enhance Shaman and I am still using my last expansion weapons at 90th. The AH actually does not have much in the way of weapon upgrades save for weapons that appear to have 3 levels? They are a bit expensive though.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Oh thank fuck. That has been an annoyance of mine ever since TBC. I've played resto since vanilla but I'm thinking of going bear when I come back. mmmmmmmm dat tank

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wow, this game can be overwhelming. Pet battles, Factions, Quests to finish and I have only hit a couple of areas for Archeology. I hit 90th and now I am starting the game. For a new person coming back before the next expansion, what is the best way to gear up? I do not expect to ever walk into the latest Heroic raid dungeon but I would like to gear up some. The Island with the coins appears to drop random 486(I think) gear off the mobs. I play an Enhance Shaman and I am still using my last expansion weapons at 90th. The AH actually does not have much in the way of weapon upgrades save for weapons that appear to have 3 levels? They are a bit expensive though.
Timeless isle is a good catchup mechanic. Jump in on Celestial raids for a chance at some set gear. LFR can yield gear...MoP is old enough so that most LFR at this point should be "auto pilot" for most folks.