World of Warcraft: Current Year

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I hit 100, only 606 ilvl so far. Time to grind the normal dungeons for a bit.

We have 4 level 100's in our casual guild which is not too bad, especially since we have a tank and healer as 2 of them.

vehn

Silver Knight of the Realm
For you inscriptioners... Do you think it's more profitable to spend all the pigments into work orders (and then use the war paints to level up inscription to max for more war paints and then craft stuff like dark on cards), or is it better to use the pigments into the glyph research stuff? Some guy on my server was selling the new glyphs for 500 each, but being able to learn 35+ new glyphs requires the same amount of mats to actually make the glyph

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I seem to have hit the road block for garrison progression due to needing resources. Have the rank 3 garrison and i think 6 or so of my buildings are rank 2, but I'm completely starved for resources. I haven't even sent a follower on a mission in the past day or so because I can't spare the cost.

A word of advice, spend your garrison resources carefully because once the one time bonuses from quests / rares / treasures dries up, enjoy only getting 100 or so per 24 hours.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I seem to have hit the road block for garrison progression due to needing resources. Have the rank 3 garrison and i think 6 or so of my buildings are rank 2, but I'm completely starved for resources. I haven't even sent a follower on a mission in the past day or so because I can't spare the cost.

A word of advice, spend your garrison resources carefully because once the one time bonuses from quests / rares / treasures dries up, enjoy only getting 100 or so per 24 hours.
Pretty sure maxing out your garrison progression in less than 72 hours after release was not intended at all.

axeman_sl

shitlord
I feel like everyone who is saying this is a terrible launch is glossing over the fact that the DDoS attacks are completing destroying the login servers.
Because it's pretty much false. I'm not saying for certain that nobody tried to DDoS Blizzard at all, but it's not a significant part of the problem if it even took place. These are not the signs of DDoSing. When a game gets attacked like that, everything is fucked and you lag everywhere. This is clearly just overcrowding and insufficient load-spreading. The low pop servers have been fine, as has any zone that isn't overcrowded.

The DDoS excuse was just that: an excuse meant to shut up some of the complaints. I'm not convinced there has been any major DDoS attack at all, aside from the fact that so many players trying to login/play at once is effectively a DDoS in its own right. No hacking group has been trying to take down WoW, at least.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Because it's pretty much false. I'm not saying for certain that nobody tried to DDoS Blizzard at all, but it's not a significant part of the problem if it even took place. These are not the signs of DDoSing. When a game gets attacked like that, everything is fucked and you lag everywhere. This is clearly just overcrowding and insufficient load-spreading. The low pop servers have been fine, as has any zone that isn't overcrowded.

The DDoS excuse was just that: an excuse meant to shut up some of the complaints. I'm not convinced there has been any major DDoS attack at all, aside from the fact that so many players trying to login/play at once is effectively a DDoS in its own right. No hacking group has been trying to take down WoW, at least.
This appears to be spot on. People I know playing in Azeroth are experiencing zero problems in game - when they can actually log in - even on the busiest servers. Also think I'm right in saying attacks on the US servers have no impact on EU servers, which are experiencing minimal DDoS.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
And their track record of launches pretty much helps back up the detractors' claims. The only ones I remember being ok at launch were MoP and Cata. Diablo was a straight up mess, as well as Vanilla, BC, and I think WoTLK (I honestly can't remember). i usually avoid Blizzard online launches entirely for the first month for this reason. It's not like we won't be staring at this stuff for 2 years anyway. I just so happened to have pre purchased this thing back in the Spring for the boost, and tried it for a couple hours on Thursday morning.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Jump on every single mission that rewards GR. I get two or three a day for 30-35 resources, which is a lot better than waiting for the 1/10mn timer.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have to admit, once I got past the queue (30 mins) I was able to play with no issues. Some lag but not unplayable. its definitely on a server by server basis and not game wide.

I just got the garrison to tier two and trying to figure what to put for the 2nd small plot since my profs are enchanting and mining. I already put the enchanter hut down.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Aren't the login servers and game servers different? I was under the impression that the ddos attack was specifically on the login servers. But I wasn't following it much so I could be wrong

Silence_sl

shitlord
Aren't the login servers and game servers different? I was under the impression that the ddos attack was specifically on the login servers. But I wasn't following it much so I could be wrong
The DDoS targeted Blizzard's billing services, therefore account status lookups couldn't be done automatically. The reason for the long queue times is because Blizzard's CS department had to verify account status of each person manually, and then passing the Go-Ok command to the login server.

This, as you can imagine, takes some time longer than an automated system.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Considering I login very early in the mornings its been smooth as silk for me. I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the shit that has changed since 2009 though. Ashran as the "capital" for this expansion is also a shit hole. Dalaran was the best/coolest major city to be used in an expansion. Although the "new" Orgrimmar is well designed too. Much content to consume. Very glad I didn't play for 5 years.

Also, since you memorize glyphs now... how does one make money on inscription?